News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 157,168 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse/url].
« Reply #240 on: October 31, 2013, 10:50:17 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 31, 2013, 10:22:58 AM
Butthurt achieved.

*looks at the Subject line*

Jesus, ForkPank

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse.
« Reply #241 on: October 31, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 31, 2013, 10:50:17 AM
Quote from: Fork on October 31, 2013, 10:22:58 AM
Butthurt achieved.

*looks at the Subject line*

Jesus, ForkPank

Sorry, but you put the 12-year-old Internet tutor I was using into therapy.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #242 on: October 31, 2013, 11:53:59 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 31, 2013, 07:57:53 AM
I'd probably be laughing more if the Cardinals weren't going to win like five more World Series before the Cubs even make the playoffs.

That's exactly why I'm enjoying this one so much now.  Carpe diem.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: July 16, 2014, 06:38:24 AM »
Cardinals last night: 1.1 IP, 5ER, L, 33.75 ERA.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: July 16, 2014, 12:35:47 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 31, 2013, 11:53:59 AM
I'd probably be laughing more if the Cardinals weren't going to win like five more World Series before the Cubs even make the playoffs.

You know what when Eli made that comment it seemed true. Now it does not seem true.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: July 16, 2014, 12:47:45 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 16, 2014, 12:35:47 PM

You know what when Eli made that comment it seemed true. Now it does not seem true.

I actually kind of saw that, too, and stored it to memory bank whenever the Cubes are celebrating their 2016 WS title. PUNDITTRACKING

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: July 16, 2014, 01:07:54 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 16, 2014, 12:47:45 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 16, 2014, 12:35:47 PM

I actually kind of saw that, too, and stored it to memory bank whenever the Cubes are celebrating their 2016 WS title. PUNDITTRACKING

I was thinking about it this morning - the Cubs should be pretty good in 2016 based on the prospects arriving and the relative strength in finding helpful players on a bargain shown by Jed and crew. But just as the cardinals should probably have run away with the division this year, injuries are the x-factor.

So I expect the Cubs to appear to be competitive and then everyone will get hurt.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: July 16, 2014, 01:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 16, 2014, 06:38:24 AM

I loved it.  That's what he gets for not starting Kershaw (1 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 1 SO, btw).

Via the amazing @BestFansStLouis, we learn that Clayton Kershaw is not a #winner and that this is all Jonathan Lucroy's fault:

Quote from: @ChaseTrippEveryone says Adam Wainright (sic) shouldn't have started but how many World Series rings does kershaw (sic) have? #waino #Respect @Cardinals

Quote from: @STLCardsWireIf Yadi was catching Waino I bet this inning is 1-2-3. Another part of Jonathan Lucroy's sabotage

Quote from: @Gadams81I think waino does a lot better if yadi is catching the game

Quote from: @haileysaysIf Yadi was healthy and the battery was him and Waino with Matheny managing, those three runs wouldn't have happened. I'm sure of it.

Quote from: @dylekuganI blame having shitty-not-Yadi catchers as to why Waino and Neshek didn't do too well tonight

Quote from: @BWhite_3Plot twist: lucroy is giving wainwright shitty pitches on purpose and tipping the hitters.

Quote from: @TheDanielGerthLucroy was tipping pitches to hitters. It was his fault not Wainos

Quote from: @shellbymaaecould you imagine how immaculate Waino woulda been if Yadi was catching him? ahhhh.

IMMACULATE!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: July 16, 2014, 01:53:36 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 16, 2014, 01:46:00 PM

I loved it.  That's what he gets for not starting Kershaw (1 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 1 SO, btw).

Via the amazing @BestFansStLouis, we learn that Clayton Kershaw is not a #winner and that this is all Jonathan Lucroy's fault:

Quote from: @ChaseTrippEveryone says Adam Wainright (sic) shouldn't have started but how many World Series rings does kershaw (sic) have? #waino #Respect @Cardinals

Quote from: @STLCardsWireIf Yadi was catching Waino I bet this inning is 1-2-3. Another part of Jonathan Lucroy's sabotage

Quote from: @Gadams81I think waino does a lot better if yadi is catching the game

Quote from: @haileysaysIf Yadi was healthy and the battery was him and Waino with Matheny managing, those three runs wouldn't have happened. I'm sure of it.

Quote from: @dylekuganI blame having shitty-not-Yadi catchers as to why Waino and Neshek didn't do too well tonight

Quote from: @BWhite_3Plot twist: lucroy is giving wainwright shitty pitches on purpose and tipping the hitters.

Quote from: @TheDanielGerthLucroy was tipping pitches to hitters. It was his fault not Wainos

Quote from: @shellbymaaecould you imagine how immaculate Waino woulda been if Yadi was catching him? ahhhh.

IMMACULATE!

Jebus.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #249 on: July 16, 2014, 03:32:34 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 16, 2014, 01:53:36 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 16, 2014, 01:46:00 PM

IMMACULATE!

Jebus.

These fucking people...
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: July 16, 2014, 03:43:17 PM »
Revolting. But just imagine how awful our fans are going to be when the Cubs get good. I hope everybody who claims they're going to quit watching this team for good during the rebuild is completely serious.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: July 16, 2014, 03:48:33 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 16, 2014, 03:43:17 PM
Revolting. But just imagine how awful our fans are going to be when the Cubs get good. I hope everybody who claims they're going to quit watching this team for good during the rebuild is completely serious.

I said when Theo was hired I can't wait until people hate the cubs because their fans are arrogant as hell instead of because they're a mickey mouse organization full of buffoons and losers.

I look forward to it.

There's a big difference though right? Like the Red Sox got wealthy and excellent and their fans still tried that whole we're the shining beacon of light to the Evil Empire's Endless Overflowing Coffers bullshit and everyone saw through it and finally realized holy shit these people are from BOSTON we should have hated them forever.

St Louis is good but also their fans think there's some kind of purity in the way the org does everything top down and it's disgusting.

Cubs fans don't think the org is great and they don't think they're better than other fans, that I know of.

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of annoying, unbearable fanbase we'll become. What will be our hallmark?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: July 16, 2014, 03:52:04 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 16, 2014, 03:48:33 PM

I said when Theo was hired I can't wait until people hate the cubs because their fans are arrogant as hell instead of because they're a mickey mouse organization full of buffoons and losers.

I look forward to it.

There's a big difference though right? Like the Red Sox got wealthy and excellent and their fans still tried that whole we're the shining beacon of light to the Evil Empire's Endless Overflowing Coffers bullshit and everyone saw through it and finally realized holy shit these people are from BOSTON we should have hated them forever.

St Louis is good but also their fans think there's some kind of purity in the way the org does everything top down and it's disgusting.

Cubs fans don't think the org is great and they don't think they're better than other fans, that I know of.

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of annoying, unbearable fanbase we'll become. What will be our hallmark?

If the Blackhawks are any indication, we'll still have a terrifying inferiority complex and constantly doubt and question and bitch about everything.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #253 on: July 16, 2014, 03:59:16 PM »

I look forward to it.

Our hallmark will be not knowing how baseball works but talking about it incessantly like we're entitled to have our opinions heard because we suffered for sooooo long and now fuck you.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: July 16, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »

SNL will do skits with DA SUPERFANS beating the shit out of wimpy Cubs fans not knowing what to do with their elf loathing.