News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 157,346 )

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #390 on: June 16, 2015, 10:29:46 AM »
Also makes you wonder what other underhanded shit they're up to. Nobody gets caught the first time.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: June 16, 2015, 10:47:48 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on June 16, 2015, 10:29:46 AM
Also makes you wonder what other underhanded shit they're up to. Nobody gets caught the first time.

I'm sure everyone for the Cubs will be changing their passwords today, once they dig through all the empty champagne bottles to get to the park.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: June 16, 2015, 11:10:40 AM »
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: June 16, 2015, 11:53:49 AM »
I can't seem to get twitter to work today. Does anybody have Will Leitch's take on this? I bet it's delicious.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #394 on: June 16, 2015, 12:58:18 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 16, 2015, 11:53:49 AM
I can't seem to get twitter to work today. Does anybody have Will Leitch's take on this? I bet it's delicious.

QuoteSo basically, Deflategate, which is my least favorite sports story of all time, is gonna happen to the Cardinals now. Just a delight..... All right, now that the shock has worn off: May I go on record saying that if this is true, everyone involved should be thrown off the Arch..... All the success, all the hard work, and by being completely stupid, you've allowed everyone to question everything.....And you would deserve it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: June 16, 2015, 12:59:57 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 16, 2015, 12:58:18 PM

QuoteSo basically, Deflategate, which is my least favorite sports story of all time, is gonna happen to the Cardinals now. Just a delight..... All right, now that the shock has worn off: May I go on record saying that if this is true, everyone involved should be thrown off the Arch..... All the success, all the hard work, and by being completely stupid, you've allowed everyone to question everything.....And you would deserve it.

I was right. That was delicious.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: June 16, 2015, 02:21:29 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 16, 2015, 12:59:57 PM
Quote from: Yeti on June 16, 2015, 12:58:18 PM

I was right. That was delicious.

I want to savor his salty tears like a fine wine.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #397 on: June 16, 2015, 02:23:48 PM »
Not sure entering a list of passwords you have into a login screen really constitutes "hacking," but since no one working in media seems to know what hacking is, sure why not.

I wonder what happened to make Jeff Luhnow more hated in St. Louis than unarmed black children. Someone had better make sure Theo didn't use the same Boston passwords when he built the Cubs' database.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #398 on: June 16, 2015, 02:29:30 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 16, 2015, 02:23:48 PM
Not sure entering a list of passwords you have into a login screen really constitutes "hacking," but since no one working in media seems to know what hacking is, sure why not.

I wonder what happened to make Jeff Luhnow more hated in St. Louis than unarmed black children. Someone had better make sure Theo didn't use the same Boston passwords when he built the Cubs' database.

From what I gather when the owner insisted on hiring Luhnow and his new fangled statamajiggers, Ol' Walt Jocketty got mad and hated Luhnow from the start. Eventually it was part of what led to Jocketty getting fired. The Jocketty loyalists (and presumably baseball traditionalists rather than sabermetric guys) in the Cardinals FO hated Luhnow even more after that, and when he left them for Houston they decided to fuck with him and his database.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #399 on: June 16, 2015, 02:35:07 PM »

It's technically hacking because they had to get to the proprietary log-in screen in the first place just to use the passwords that Luhnow was dumb enough not to change.

And whether it's hacking or not, Cardinal employees violated federal law by using a computer to access another organization's private information. Somebody's going to spend time in a federal PMITA prison for this.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: June 16, 2015, 03:09:19 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 16, 2015, 02:29:30 PM

From what I gather when the owner insisted on hiring Luhnow and his new fangled statamajiggers, Ol' Walt Jocketty got mad and hated Luhnow from the start. Eventually it was part of what led to Jocketty getting fired. The Jocketty loyalists (and presumably baseball traditionalists rather than sabermetric guys) in the Cardinals FO hated Luhnow even more after that, and when he left them for Houston they decided to fuck with him and his database.

Nice. Where did you hear this?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: June 16, 2015, 03:24:17 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 16, 2015, 03:09:19 PM

It's what I gathered from this: http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2015/6/16/8790021/f-b-i-investigating-st-louis-cardinals-front-office-for-hacking

key quote:
QuoteSo it appears that the pettiness that created a schism within the St. Louis front office after Bill DeWitt Jr.'s hiring of Luhnow that ultimately resulted in the termination of former Cardinals GM Walt Jocketty turned into vengefulness toward Luhnow after he left for Houston. This resulted in hacking the Houston system, gaining access to sensitive internal information, and leaking it online—all in an effort to make life difficult for Luhnow. One wonders whether these individuals had any inkling that what they were doing was a violation of federal law.

Related: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/walt-jocketty-axed-cards-numbers-crunch-article-1.230511

QuoteThe firing of respected Walt Jocketty as Cardinals GM last Tuesday by team chairman Bill DeWitt was just another example of the growing trend of meddling owners reducing the powers of the general manager and shifting the emphasis of baseball operations to statistical analysis.

In announcing he was parting ways with Jocketty - under whose stewardship the Cardinals had gone to the postseason five times in the last seven years, twice to the World Series and winning it all just last year - DeWitt cited an irreconcilable division within the Cardinals' front office. But it was a division DeWitt created when he promoted Jeff Luhnow, one of the new-wave stat practitioners, as head of both player development and scouting.

So it would appear that the Cardinals are so mad at the guy that basically overhauled their entire farm system and turned them into an unstoppable machine constantly churning out good players that they committed a federal crime just to make him look bad, all because he contributed to getting a GM that had long since outlived his usefulness fired seven years ago.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: June 16, 2015, 03:45:58 PM »
DPD- I do love how hilariously wrong the author of that article about Jocketty getting fired turned out to be, criticizing the firing of Jocketty due to "meddling ownership" when clearly hiring Mozeliak and Luhnow to fix their farm system and emphasize statistical analysis clearly was the right move as its allowed them to have sustained success to this day.  The fart noise he makes when he dismisses Neal Huntington's chances of rebuilding Pittsburgh is equally amusing.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: June 16, 2015, 04:33:49 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 16, 2015, 03:24:17 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 16, 2015, 03:09:19 PM

It's what I gathered from this: http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2015/6/16/8790021/f-b-i-investigating-st-louis-cardinals-front-office-for-hacking

key quote:
QuoteSo it appears that the pettiness that created a schism within the St. Louis front office after Bill DeWitt Jr.'s hiring of Luhnow that ultimately resulted in the termination of former Cardinals GM Walt Jocketty turned into vengefulness toward Luhnow after he left for Houston. This resulted in hacking the Houston system, gaining access to sensitive internal information, and leaking it online—all in an effort to make life difficult for Luhnow. One wonders whether these individuals had any inkling that what they were doing was a violation of federal law.

Related: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/walt-jocketty-axed-cards-numbers-crunch-article-1.230511

QuoteThe firing of respected Walt Jocketty as Cardinals GM last Tuesday by team chairman Bill DeWitt was just another example of the growing trend of meddling owners reducing the powers of the general manager and shifting the emphasis of baseball operations to statistical analysis.

In announcing he was parting ways with Jocketty - under whose stewardship the Cardinals had gone to the postseason five times in the last seven years, twice to the World Series and winning it all just last year - DeWitt cited an irreconcilable division within the Cardinals' front office. But it was a division DeWitt created when he promoted Jeff Luhnow, one of the new-wave stat practitioners, as head of both player development and scouting.

So it would appear that the Cardinals are so mad at the guy that basically overhauled their entire farm system and turned them into an unstoppable machine constantly churning out good players that they committed a federal crime just to make him look bad, all because he contributed to getting a GM that had long since outlived his usefulness fired seven years ago.
I positive this.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #404 on: June 16, 2015, 04:34:47 PM »
THIS WEEK JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!!!!!
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.