News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 157,478 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #765 on: April 20, 2016, 10:56:49 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 20, 2016, 10:41:36 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 20, 2016, 08:28:29 AM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 19, 2016, 06:40:26 PM
Quote from: morpheus on April 19, 2016, 09:36:05 AM
Stay Classy, St. Louis.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/jason-heyward-blitzed-n-word-taunts-cardinals-fans-article-1.2606853?cid=bitly

Is anybody surprised by this? Lot of Cardinal fans have Klan sheets hanging in their closets. This is the White Trashiest fanbase in baseball and it's not even close.
Cardinal fans suck, but in this particular instance it appears to have been a fabrication.

I really enjoyed Cardinals fans (and their broadcast booth) getting all indignant about being defamed like that. HOW DARE someone besmirch Cardinal nation. What on Earth would give anyone the impression that Cardinals fans could ever do something like tha---

Oh. Right. Not to mention one quick search of Jason Heyward's twitter mentions the day he signed with the Cubs would turn up about 5,000 n-words probably.

Either everyone deleted them or it never happened. "n***** @jheytwotwo" is empty. "n***** heyward" only has Cubs fans claiming Cardinals fans were saying that on 12/11 (The day the news broke)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #766 on: April 20, 2016, 11:04:22 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 20, 2016, 10:56:49 AM
Stay Classy, St. Louis.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/jason-heyward-blitzed-n-word-taunts-cardinals-fans-article-1.2606853?cid=bitly

Is anybody surprised by this? Lot of Cardinal fans have Klan sheets hanging in their closets. This is the White Trashiest fanbase in baseball and it's not even close.
Cardinal fans suck, but in this particular instance it appears to have been a fabrication.

I really enjoyed Cardinals fans (and their broadcast booth) getting all indignant about being defamed like that. HOW DARE someone besmirch Cardinal nation. What on Earth would give anyone the impression that Cardinals fans could ever do something like tha---

Oh. Right. Not to mention one quick search of Jason Heyward's twitter mentions the day he signed with the Cubs would turn up about 5,000 n-words probably.

Either everyone deleted them or it never happened. "n***** @jheytwotwo" is empty. "n***** heyward" only has Cubs fans claiming Cardinals fans were saying that on 12/11 (The day the news broke)

Though we do have injury wishes, one "faggot", and someone discussing about teams built around white players: https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=from%3ABestFansStLouis%20since%3A2015-12-10%20until%3A2015-12-14&src=typd

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #767 on: April 20, 2016, 11:25:18 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 20, 2016, 11:04:22 AM
Quote from: Yeti on April 20, 2016, 10:56:49 AM
Stay Classy, St. Louis.

Though we do have injury wishes, one "faggot", and someone discussing about teams built around white players: https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=from%3ABestFansStLouis%20since%3A2015-12-10%20until%3A2015-12-14&src=typd

Fair enough, I also am guilty of assuming that at least some of that vitriol included overt racism, instead of just implied. My favorite was the guy who said "you have to worry about off-field issues with a guy like Heyward" and refused to clarify no matter how many times he was pressed on it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #768 on: April 20, 2016, 11:26:07 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 20, 2016, 11:04:22 AM

And that's just Phyllis Schafly.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #769 on: April 20, 2016, 06:39:01 PM »
Not even the BFIB love their team enough to wait out a long rain delay.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #770 on: April 20, 2016, 06:48:35 PM »
DPD. Okay. Next time they get Jake and Jon.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #771 on: April 21, 2016, 09:32:12 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 20, 2016, 06:48:35 PM
DPD. Okay. Next time they get Jake and Jon.

TPD. Imagining Jake no-hitting the Cardinals at "Bush" is requiring a pants readjustment. Imagining Molina whiffing on a slider in the dirt to end it and throwing a spectacular hissy fit is requiring a new set of pants entirely.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #772 on: April 26, 2016, 02:51:19 AM »
Last night, Greinke allowed seven runs over six and two-thirds, and still got the W: the Tards' bullpen inherited six runners, and let five of them score.  Woof.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #773 on: April 26, 2016, 07:59:30 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 26, 2016, 02:51:19 AM
Last night, Greinke allowed seven runs over six and two-thirds, and still got the W: the Tards' bullpen inherited six runners, and let five of them score.  Woof.

Regression's a bitch. It's what they deserve after that inexplicable LOB magic they managed to pull off all season last year.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #774 on: April 26, 2016, 08:58:10 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 26, 2016, 07:59:30 AM

Regression's a bitch. It's what they deserve after that inexplicable LOB magic they managed to pull off all season last year.

I recall reading an article last October which stated that Mike Matheny has such atrocious bullpen management skills that he'd literally do better if he picked a reliever at random.
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #775 on: April 26, 2016, 09:00:28 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on April 26, 2016, 08:58:10 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 26, 2016, 07:59:30 AM

I recall reading an article last October which stated that Mike Matheny has such atrocious bullpen management skills that he'd literally do better if he picked a reliever at random.

Yeah I believe that was one of the last things Grantland did, but you're right. They had a computer calculate the optimal reliever to use in each situation for each team, and found that most managers were within like 1 or 2 standard deviations from the machine, but Matheny was dead last, for like three years running, in terms of optimal bullpen choices.

Like, for instance, using a lefty reliever who can't get lefties out to face Rizzo, a lefty who hits other lefties even better than he hits righties, and then doing it again the next night even though it resulted in a soul-crushing dinger the day before. That will never, ever stop being funny.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #776 on: April 28, 2016, 08:57:30 AM »
Aledmys Diaz, Jeremy Hazelbaker, and Jedd fucking Gyorko.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #777 on: April 28, 2016, 09:38:15 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 28, 2016, 08:57:30 AM

I was looking at their numbers this morning.  How is that even possible?  The trouble is, they're keeping the Tards afloat whilst the guys that can actually bat a bit warm up.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #778 on: April 28, 2016, 09:40:52 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 28, 2016, 09:38:15 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 28, 2016, 08:57:30 AM

I was looking at their numbers this morning.  How is that even possible?  The trouble is, they're keeping the Tards afloat whilst the guys that can actually bat a bit warm up.

Yeah that's what's really irritating. Their starting pitching this year is mostly mediocre, and the expected regression from Grichuk appears to be happening, so they just pull two more magic rookies out of their fucking asses and keep on trucking.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #779 on: April 28, 2016, 09:44:46 AM »
Please, just fuck these guys. They're already 4 behind in the loss column to the Cubs, and they are only going to fall further behind.

At this point they're going to have to duke it out for the Seligcard. They don't fucking matter.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16