News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Week 11: Go Fuck Yourself, San Diego.  ( 9,969 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Week 11: Go Fuck Yourself, San Diego.
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2011, 08:21:04 AM »
Quote from: flannj on November 23, 2011, 08:04:28 AM
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on November 22, 2011, 10:08:36 PM
I say don't put in the claim. That's not to say you don't try to get him, but if he falls to the Bears, that means only 2 teams are after them. From what I've gathered, if they put in the claim, then they must pay him the $2.6 million. The Packers and Niners won't grab him. After he clears, he is a free agent, and sign him for less than that $2.6 million price point
`

Would the Packers spend the $2.6 million to grab him in order to keep the Bears from signing him?

I doubt it.  For all the bitching that coaches and GMs do about how limited their roster space is, I don't see Green Bay releasing somebody so they can use one of those spots just to keep a backup QB away from the Bears.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2011, 08:48:45 AM »
Quote from: flannj on November 23, 2011, 08:04:28 AM
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on November 22, 2011, 10:08:36 PM
I say don't put in the claim. That's not to say you don't try to get him, but if he falls to the Bears, that means only 2 teams are after them. From what I've gathered, if they put in the claim, then they must pay him the $2.6 million. The Packers and Niners won't grab him. After he clears, he is a free agent, and sign him for less than that $2.6 million price point
`

Would the Packers spend the $2.6 million to grab him in order to keep the Bears from signing him?

And then when Rodgers is knocked out for the season, it's Orton vs Hanie for all the Christmas cookies in the Bears Backups Bowl.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2011, 04:48:35 PM »
What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a--Fuck you, Todd Haley.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2011, 09:03:23 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 23, 2011, 04:48:35 PM
What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a--Fuck you, Todd Haley.

Dallas also put in a claim, and that was more of a "fuck you" move as they cearly would have claimed him just to keep him from the Bears.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2011, 07:38:04 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 20, 2011, 09:52:18 PM
The Bears have games left at home against KC and Seattle. They have Denver, Oakland and Minnesota on the road (and Green Bay). The defense and special teams should be good enough to win a few of those games. Finishing 3-3 gets them to 10 wins and a pretty good shot at the playoffs.

Cutler is supposed to miss 6-8 weeks. The wild-card round starts in 7 weeks. All is well.

Super Bears, Super Bowl.

You're an idiot.