News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  ( 18,352 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2013, 12:57:08 AM »
The Journal-Sentinel is doing a great job covering this on their blog.  And this post in particular, since it has the video from his smug press conference.

From a Q-and-A with the GM:

QuoteTodd Rosiak: You have been very supportive of Ryan throughout this process. Did you come here today believing in your heart believing that Ryan had never used steroids?

Doug Melvin: I’m not going to answer that.

Fellow players and managers are overwhelmingly against him, too.  As they should be.

Guy got exactly what he deserved.

(big breath) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2013, 07:53:37 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on July 23, 2013, 12:11:24 AM
I'm not one to revel in the misfortune of others but I'm making an exception tonight.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

His arrogance makes this all better.

When Pujols finally gets caught we can all go looking for tornadoes together.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2013, 08:40:23 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 23, 2013, 07:53:37 AM
I'm not one to revel in the misfortune of others but I'm making an exception tonight.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Looking at Albert's numbers since he traded, I'm afraid that ship might have sailed.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2013, 08:41:11 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 23, 2013, 08:40:23 AM
Quote from: Fork on July 23, 2013, 07:53:37 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Looking at Albert's numbers since he traded, I'm afraid that ship might have sailed.

(tips cap at Apex)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2013, 08:44:06 AM »
DPD. A Google search for Brenly's reaction to this came up empty. Sending up the Tank-signal as I'd love to hear Borb's thoughts on the downfall of his favorite player.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2013, 08:46:32 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 23, 2013, 08:44:06 AM
DPD. A Google search for Brenly's reaction to this came up empty. Sending up the Tank-signal as I'd love to hear Borb's thoughts on the downfall of his favorite player.

I'm guessing the manager of the group of 50 year olds that took the 2001 crown won't come near this one.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2013, 11:05:54 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 23, 2013, 08:46:32 AM

I'm guessing the manager of the group of 50 year olds that took the 2001 crown won't come near this one.

DPD

Borb's on the score with Danny Mac right now.

Borb on the Braun suspension: I think it's a good start. But I think it's obvious that the cheaters have moved beyond the testing we have now. They find something new and improved that gets you around the test. The game's not clean. There's still a lot of cheaters out there and people would be surprised by it.

He went on to say that the three strikes policy is too lenient. He said Braun's statements smack of "everything that's wrong with the game of baseball." He said Bruan pointed fingers and blamed everybody else, throwing his teammates under the bus. He said that he doesn't believe a word out of Braun's mouth ever again.

He said that he doesn't believe there is a huge segment of the players using PEDs but we would be surprised by which ones were. He said that the new drugs are in and out of players' systems so quickly that to detect them the league would have to pull players off the field between innings and test them.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2013, 11:49:47 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 23, 2013, 11:05:54 AM

DPD

Borb on the Braun suspension: I think it's a good start. But I think it's obvious that the cheaters have moved beyond the testing we have now. They find something new and improved that gets you around the test. The game's not clean. There's still a lot of cheaters out there and people would be surprised by it.

He went on to say that the three strikes policy is too lenient. He said Braun's statements smack of "everything that's wrong with the game of baseball." He said Bruan pointed fingers and blamed everybody else, throwing his teammates under the bus. He said that he doesn't believe a word out of Braun's mouth ever again.

He said that he doesn't believe there is a huge segment of the players using PEDs but we would be surprised by which ones were. He said that the new drugs are in and out of players' systems so quickly that to detect them the league would have to pull players off the field between innings and test them.

And I'm sure Borb has passed all this knowledge onto the MLB offices.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
Quote from: Fork on July 23, 2013, 11:49:47 AM

DPD

Someday when this is all over and we've eradicated everyone who wants to hold baseball players to higher ethical standards than every other person in our society from the planet, we'll look back on days like this and wonder what the fuck the big deal was.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2013, 01:46:23 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 23, 2013, 01:39:40 PM

DPD

Someday when this is all over and we've eradicated everyone who wants to hold baseball players to higher ethical standards than every other person in our society from the planet every HS baseball player in the country is on dialysis, we'll look back on days like this and wonder what the fuck the big deal was.
TIME TO POST!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2013, 01:49:53 PM »
Quote from: Fork on July 23, 2013, 01:46:23 PM

DPD

Someday when this is all over and we've eradicated everyone who wants to hold baseball players to higher ethical standards than every other person in our society from the planet every HS baseball player in the country is on dialysis, we'll look back on days like this and wonder what the fuck the big deal was.

Fair point. And what of players from every other sport that a person can draw a paycheck to play? Same level of Forkhurt or nah?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2013, 02:04:56 PM »
Quote from: Fork on July 23, 2013, 01:46:23 PM
Someday when this is all over and we've eradicated everyone who wants to hold baseball players to higher ethical standards than every other person in our society from the planet every HS baseball player in the country is on dialysis, we'll look back on days like this and wonder what the fuck the big deal was. why we were looking to corporations to protect children and not the parents.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2013, 02:17:31 PM »

DPD

Someday when this is all over and we've eradicated everyone who wants to hold baseball players to higher ethical standards than every other person in our society from the planet, we'll look back on days like this and wonder what the fuck the big deal was.

Just crossing stuff out'd.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2013, 02:23:39 PM »

DPD

I personally don't care if pro athletes use PEDs. I just think Ryan Braun is a dildo and am enjoying the fact the giant shitstorm raining down on him.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2013, 02:24:59 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 23, 2013, 02:23:39 PM

DPD

I personally don't care if pro athletes use PEDs. I just think Ryan Braun is a dildo and am enjoying the fact the giant shitstorm raining down on him.

Seconded.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck