News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  ( 18,340 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2013, 02:27:56 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 23, 2013, 01:49:53 PM
Quote from: Fork on July 23, 2013, 01:46:23 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 23, 2013, 01:39:40 PM
Quote from: Fork on July 23, 2013, 11:49:47 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 23, 2013, 11:05:54 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 23, 2013, 08:46:32 AM
Quote from: R-V on July 23, 2013, 08:44:06 AM
DPD. A Google search for Brenly's reaction to this came up empty. Sending up the Tank-signal as I'd love to hear Borb's thoughts on the downfall of his favorite player.

I'm guessing the manager of the group of 50 year olds that took the 2001 crown won't come near this one.

DPD

Borb's on the score with Danny Mac right now.

Borb on the Braun suspension: I think it's a good start. But I think it's obvious that the cheaters have moved beyond the testing we have now. They find something new and improved that gets you around the test. The game's not clean. There's still a lot of cheaters out there and people would be surprised by it.

He went on to say that the three strikes policy is too lenient. He said Braun's statements smack of "everything that's wrong with the game of baseball." He said Bruan pointed fingers and blamed everybody else, throwing his teammates under the bus. He said that he doesn't believe a word out of Braun's mouth ever again.

He said that he doesn't believe there is a huge segment of the players using PEDs but we would be surprised by which ones were. He said that the new drugs are in and out of players' systems so quickly that to detect them the league would have to pull players off the field between innings and test them.

And I'm sure Borb has passed all this knowledge onto the MLB offices.

Someday when this is all over and we've eradicated everyone who wants to hold baseball players to higher ethical standards than every other person in our society from the planet every HS baseball player in the country is on dialysis, we'll look back on days like this and wonder what the fuck the big deal was.

Fair point. And what of players from every other sport that a person can draw a paycheck to play? Same level of Forkhurt or nah?

Truth be told, concussions are a bigger problem than PEDs, and no sport is worse about regulating it than my beloved hockey.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2013, 03:28:49 PM »
Quote from: Fork on July 23, 2013, 02:27:56 PM
DPD. A Google search for Brenly's reaction to this came up empty. Sending up the Tank-signal as I'd love to hear Borb's thoughts on the downfall of his favorite player.

I'm guessing the manager of the group of 50 year olds that took the 2001 crown won't come near this one.

DPD

Borb on the Braun suspension: I think it's a good start. But I think it's obvious that the cheaters have moved beyond the testing we have now. They find something new and improved that gets you around the test. The game's not clean. There's still a lot of cheaters out there and people would be surprised by it.

He went on to say that the three strikes policy is too lenient. He said Braun's statements smack of "everything that's wrong with the game of baseball." He said Bruan pointed fingers and blamed everybody else, throwing his teammates under the bus. He said that he doesn't believe a word out of Braun's mouth ever again.

He said that he doesn't believe there is a huge segment of the players using PEDs but we would be surprised by which ones were. He said that the new drugs are in and out of players' systems so quickly that to detect them the league would have to pull players off the field between innings and test them.

Someday when this is all over and we've eradicated everyone who wants to hold baseball players to higher ethical standards than every other person in our society from the planet every HS baseball player in the country is on dialysis, we'll look back on days like this and wonder what the fuck the big deal was.

Fair point. And what of players from every other sport that a person can draw a paycheck to play? Same level of Forkhurt or nah?

Truth be told, concussions are a bigger problem than PEDs, and no sport is worse about regulating it than my beloved hockey.

So those aren't really just "upper body injuries?"
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2013, 04:22:21 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 23, 2013, 03:28:49 PM
Quote from: Fork on July 23, 2013, 02:27:56 PM

DPD

So those aren't really just "upper body injuries?"

Nothing more upper than the head, Ogden.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2013, 04:34:18 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 23, 2013, 02:17:31 PM

DPD

Someday when this is all over and we've eradicated everyone who wants to hold baseball players to higher ethical standards than every other person in our society from the planet, we'll look back on days like this and wonder what the fuck the big deal was.

Just crossing stuff out'd.

But if everyone has been eradicated, who would be left for the fucking?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2013, 12:03:49 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 23, 2013, 04:34:18 PM

DPD

Someday when this is all over and we've eradicated everyone who wants to hold baseball players to higher ethical standards than every other person in our society from the planet, we'll look back on days like this and wonder what the fuck the big deal was.

We'll all be in hell and fucked through the floor daily.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2013, 12:21:10 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 24, 2013, 12:03:49 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 23, 2013, 04:34:18 PM

DPD

We'll all be in hell and fucked through the floor daily.

Hell will be geting fucked from behind by Ron Jeremy, and fucked from the front by Sandra Bernhard.
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2013, 09:53:56 AM »
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:

Quote"60 Minutes" has learned that members of New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez's inner circle in February obtained and leaked documents that implicated Milwaukee Brewers slugger Ryan Braun as well as his own Yankees teammate, catcher Francisco Cervelli, in the doping scandal that has enveloped Major League Baseball.

The leak came just days after the weekly newspaper Miami New Times published documents in January detailing Rodriguez's pervasive use of performance enhancing drugs.

The handwritten documents of Anthony Bosch, the key witness in Major League Baseball's PED investigation, revealed comprehensive doping regimens that Bosch had engineered for a host of professional athletes. His cooperation with MLB has resulted in the suspension of Rodriguez and 13 other major league players.

Braun and Cervelli's names were redacted in the Miami New Times documents. Members of Rodriguez's camp at the time obtained unredacted versions and leaked them to Yahoo! Sports, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the matter. The unredacted documents also implicated Baltimore Oriole Danny Valencia, who MLB later investigated and cleared.

Courtesy of Deadspin:

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2013, 09:32:09 AM »
I take it all back. This story is comedy gold.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-braun-tried-to-discredit-urine-collector-in-calls-to-mlb-stars-021053235.html

Yahoo's Jeff Passan:

QuoteSuspended Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun told stars around baseball before spring training 2012 that the man who collected his urine that tested positive for synthetic testosterone was anti-Semitic and a Chicago Cubs fan in an effort to gather support throughout the game, three sources familiar with the conversations told Yahoo! Sports.

Ha!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2013, 09:41:36 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 19, 2013, 09:32:09 AM
I take it all back. This story is comedy gold.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-braun-tried-to-discredit-urine-collector-in-calls-to-mlb-stars-021053235.html

Yahoo's Jeff Passan:

QuoteSuspended Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun told stars around baseball before spring training 2012 that the man who collected his urine that tested positive for synthetic testosterone was anti-Semitic and a Chicago Cubs fan in an effort to gather support throughout the game, three sources familiar with the conversations told Yahoo! Sports.

Ha!
Dino Laurenzi didn't realize that HE will become the highest paid player in Brewers history.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2013, 02:49:03 PM »
"Is your refrigerator running?"

"Better go catch it!"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/ryan-braun-friend-ralph-sasson-lawsuit_n_3780704.html

Ralph Sasson, a Milwaukee law student, said Braun's agent hired him in November 2011 to do legal research aimed at clearing Braun after the left fielder tested positive for steroid use. The agent later asked him to investigate the man who collected Braun's urine, Dino Laurenzi Jr., and Braun personally asked him to prank call two journalists working on a story about the failed test, according to the lawsuit filed last month in Milwaukee County court.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."