News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Bears General Manager Sweepstakes  ( 22,925 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Bears General Manager Sweepstakes
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2012, 09:13:17 AM »

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2012, 09:27:07 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 19, 2012, 09:13:17 AM
David Terrell making a comeback of sorts. Image #5.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-mug-photogallery,0,5488047.photogallery

He's not even charged with a felony? This guy still fails to live up to expectations. Hatstink was terrible.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2012, 09:28:52 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-mug-photogallery,0,5488047.photogallery

Reggie Wayne was also in that first round. As was Santana Moss. Damn you, Mark Hatley.

None of this changes the fact that David Terrell as the slot receiver in Madden 2003 just destroyed people. If you ran a corner post with him no nickel in the world could stop him.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2012, 09:38:27 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2012, 09:28:52 AM

Reggie Wayne was also in that first round. As was Santana Moss. Damn you, Mark Hatley.

None of this changes the fact that David Terrell as the slot receiver in Madden 2003 just destroyed people. If you ran a corner post with him no nickel in the world could stop him.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2012, 09:39:28 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 19, 2012, 09:27:07 AM

He's not even charged with a felony? This guy still fails to live up to expectations. Hatstinkwas terrible.

You think he still smells even with today's embalming technology?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2012, 09:47:09 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 19, 2012, 09:39:28 AM

He's not even charged with a felony? This guy still fails to live up to expectations. Hatstinkwas terrible.

Yes.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2012, 09:49:03 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 19, 2012, 09:39:28 AM

I totally forgot that Mark Hatley was dead. The other day I said something about him running the Cardinals. I meant Rod Graves, but I'm sure TEC might prefer Mark Hatley.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2012, 10:16:17 AM »
I'd also like to positive the Bears signing Chilo Rachal. In 2010 he was rated as the best run-blocking guard in all of football. He tends to have mental lapses at time in pass blocking, but despite the 49ers fans saying "LOL he is the WURST" wasn't that poorly rated in that department. It appears his benching last year may have been a case of the 49ers undervaluing certain aspects of his game or overblowing a few of his mistakes. Either way, he's young, huge, a good runblocker, and adds good depth on the interior for a veteran minimum. If he ends up being an Omiyale-type guy then you just cut him because you didn't sign a guy who wasn't even a starter to a four year deal worth 11.5 million.

I'm trying not to overreact before the draft, but it seems that Emery has some idea of how to run a football team.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2012, 10:18:58 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2012, 10:16:17 AM
I'd also like to positive the Bears signing Chilo Rachal. In 2010 he was rated as the best run-blocking guard in all of football. He tends to have mental lapses at time in pass blocking, but despite the 49ers fans saying "LOL he is the WURST" wasn't that poorly rated in that department. It appears his benching last year may have been a case of the 49ers undervaluing certain aspects of his game or overblowing a few of his mistakes. Either way, he's young, huge, a good runblocker, and adds good depth on the interior for a veteran minimum. If he ends up being an Omiyale-type guy then you just cut him because you didn't sign a guy who wasn't even a starter to a four year deal worth 11.5 million.

I'm trying not to overreact before the draft, but it seems that Emery has some idea of how to run a football team.

I don't know, this whole "depth" thing is new and foreign and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel. 

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2012, 10:24:49 AM »

He's not even charged with a felony? This guy still fails to live up to expectations. Hatstink was terrible.

Hub Arkush thinks there's still time for David to develop.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2012, 10:29:24 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 19, 2012, 10:18:58 AM

I don't know, this whole "depth" thing is new and foreign and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel. 

I'm interested in seeing if they pick up a Tackle in the draft. They've got a lot of depth on the interior, since C. Williams, E. Williams, Louis, Garza, Spencer, and Rachal can all play either guard position and Garza and Spencer can both play center.

Only Carimi, Webb, and Williams can really play tackle (Louis was better than expected at RT for most of the year, but just doesn't project there at all in the future), and we don't actually know yet if any of them can really play tackle all that well, although Webb was not as bad as his numbers for most of the year.

They've discussed giving Williams a shot at kicking back out to left tackle, which is a total crapshoot. Everyone calls him a bust at left tackle, but he's only made 5 starts there, and he played well in the 3 he started there in 2009.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2012, 10:31:15 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2012, 10:29:24 AM

I'm interested in seeing if they pick up a Tackle in the draft. They've got a lot of depth on the interior, since C. Williams, E. Williams, Louis, Garza, Spencer, and Rachal can all play either guard position and Garza and Spencer can both play center.

Only Carimi, Webb, and Williams can really play tackle (Louis was better than expected at RT for most of the year, but just doesn't project there at all in the future), and we don't actually know yet if any of them can really play tackle all that well, although Webb was not as bad as his numbers for most of the year.

They've discussed giving Williams a shot at kicking back out to left tackle, which is a total crapshoot. Everyone calls him a bust at left tackle, but he's only made 5 starts there, and he played well in the 3 he started there in 2009.

Could you please translate this into meatball so I know what to be angry about?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2012, 10:35:52 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on April 19, 2012, 10:31:15 AM

None of these guys was a high-priced free agent sent in to bludgeon the bejebus out of opponents and immediately cut the bullshit toleration half in two a la Olin Kreutz. Emstink is terrible. McCaskets are cheap. Just another player for Lovie to ruin like Tommie Harris. Hester aint no receiver. Cover Who? Repeat repeat repeat...

*burns Cutler jersey*

*erects nude Thomas Jones statue*

*blows it*

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2012, 10:37:56 AM »

NICE JOB DERE BY FIL EBONY TO PICK UP A GUY DAT DA 49ERS DINNIT EVNE WARNT!

DERE GONNA LET CHRIS WILLEM AND HIS CRAPPY BACK COMPEET WIH JAMIROQUAI AT LEFT TACKLE? WHY AINT DEY JUS PAVE AN EXPRESSWAY RIT INTO DA BACKFIELD. SURE WONT BE MUCH TRAFFIC IN DERE WAY UNLIKE DA LSD.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2012, 10:40:40 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2012, 10:37:56 AM

NICE JOB DERE BY FIL EBONY TO PICK UP A GUY DAT DA 49ERS DINNIT EVNE WARNT!

DERE GONNA LET CHRIS WILLEM AND HIS CRAPPY BACK COMPEET WIH JAMIROQUAI AT LEFT TACKLE? WHY AINT DEY JUS PAVE AN EXPRESSWAY RIT INTO DA BACKFIELD. SURE WONT BE MUCH TRAFFIC IN DERE WAY UNLIKE DA LSD.

*slow clap*
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.