News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Primary Clusterfuck 2012  ( 22,505 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Primary Clusterfuck 2012
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2012, 11:25:59 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 18, 2012, 11:16:05 AM
Quote from: Slaky on January 18, 2012, 10:03:03 AM
Serious question: wouldn't it be wise of Romney to just come out and say, "Yeah, I'm really wealthy. When I said a 'little' of my income comes from public speaking and it turned out to be 374k, I meant it was a little to me since I'm worth WAY MORE than that. I'm not going to pretend like I'm a person that makes 50k a year. If I was, I wouldn't be able to run for President. So let's just get that out of the way."

Is Romney pretending not to be very wealthy? I missed the speech where he said he was just an average guy of humble means.

I more love the fact that the other candidates act like making a fuckload of money is a bad thing. That's very liberal of them.

Also, South Carolinans are stupid

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2012, 11:27:38 AM »
Serious question: wouldn't it be wise of Romney to just come out and say, "Yeah, I'm really wealthy. When I said a 'little' of my income comes from public speaking and it turned out to be 374k, I meant it was a little to me since I'm worth WAY MORE than that. I'm not going to pretend like I'm a person that makes 50k a year. If I was, I wouldn't be able to run for President. So let's just get that out of the way."

Is Romney pretending not to be very wealthy? I missed the speech where he said he was just an average guy of humble means.

Yeah, but he's not even trying the GWB model of "millionaire you can have a beer with".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2012, 11:36:02 AM »

"I don't have a job, either." - Mitt #Humblebrag Romney

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »

No, I don't think he is - but on the news they were making a big stink about his tax returns and people were quick to act horrified that he referred to 347k as a small amount of money.

I just think a lot of the media generated controversies can easily be squashed by the candidate himself - but I'm also guessing most of America isn't ready to handle that sort of bluntness.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2012, 01:42:37 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 18, 2012, 01:27:45 PM

No, I don't think he is - but on the news they were making a big stink about his tax returns and people were quick to act horrified that he referred to 347k as a small amount of money.

I just think a lot of the media generated controversies can easily be squashed by the candidate himself - but I'm also guessing most of America isn't ready to handle that sort of bluntness.

I think you need to stop watching the news.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2012, 02:08:42 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 18, 2012, 01:42:37 PM
Quote from: Slaky on January 18, 2012, 01:27:45 PM

I think you need to stop watching the news.

Some girl was at the gym before me this morning and it was on.

Your main point stands. I never watch the news save for situations like that.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2012, 02:11:30 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on January 18, 2012, 11:25:59 AM

I more love the fact that the other candidates act like making a fuckload of money is a bad thing. That's very liberal of them.

I'm willing to compare the sample size of South Carolinians at desipio to downstate hilljack tollbooth jockeys on any of a number of topics.

But yeah, they are pretty stupid.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2012, 02:16:20 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 18, 2012, 02:11:30 PM

I'm willing to compare the sample size of South Carolinians at desipio to downstate hilljack tollbooth jockeys on any of a number of topics.

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2012, 02:30:59 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 18, 2012, 02:16:20 PM

[fires guns into the air]
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2012, 02:45:46 PM »

God, I loved that era.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2012, 03:30:51 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 18, 2012, 02:45:46 PM

God, I loved that era.
It truly was a golden age... of war, human bondage, factionalism, rampant prejudice, and sometimes outright lawlessness. So boring to be alive now.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2012, 04:28:33 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 18, 2012, 03:30:51 PM
Quote from: Slaky on January 18, 2012, 02:45:46 PM

God, I loved that era.
It truly was a golden age... of war, human bondage, factionalism, rampant prejudice, and sometimes outright lawlessness. So boring to be alive now.

And beards. Don't forget beards.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2012, 04:29:27 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 18, 2012, 02:08:42 PM

Some girl was at the gym before me this morning and it was on.

Your main point stands. I never watch the news save for situations like that.

Whoa! Dude. Beers.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »
Something something SHOE OF THE WEEK I forgot something something.

How about some NEWTMENTUM!!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.