News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: TDubbs reviews "The Artist"...  ( 873 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TDubbs reviews "The Artist"...
« on: January 21, 2012, 11:49:11 PM »
Saw this tonight.
It's got that guy in it that's married to that fat fuck that sang the seventh inning stretch and grabbed her crotch at that Padres game.
Something was wrong with the color or the screen or the projector.
And the sound was kind of fucked up too.
The French broad is hot as dick though.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: TDubbs reviews "The Artist"...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 04:07:42 AM »
Quote from: flannj on January 21, 2012, 11:49:11 PM
Saw this tonight.
It's got that guy in it that's married to that fat fuck that sang the seventh inning stretch and grabbed her crotch at that Padres game.
Something was wrong with the color or the screen or the projector.
And the sound was kind of fucked up too.
The French broad is hot as dick though.

Ke$ha's in this?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 05:17:38 PM »
I wouldn't bet the deed to the farm that this will get many Oscars, but it is a clever film.  Lots of inside jokes for film buffs.  It is a reference to the John Gilbert storyline, but with a funny twist at the end.  It does a homage to Broadway Melody (the Astaire/Powell version).  At one dramatic point the music soundtrack borrows from a Hitchcock film.  Of course the dog is pure Asta.  It even does a takeoff on "Singing in the Rain"  which is a homage in itself.  Malcolm McDowell does a cameo bit in this movie, and if you recall he does a takeoff on "Singing in the Rain" in "Clockwork Orange".   I didn't realize until this movie that "Singing in the Rain" which is over 60 years old is a venerable old flick that now gets to be copied, not just spoofed. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 05:31:31 PM »
Somebody's channeling Martha Stewart's herb garden.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!