News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Grey  ( 1,051 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Grey
« on: February 04, 2012, 09:28:59 PM »
A worthwhile movie on two levels.  It is an action film.  But it is an allegory about life.  (Yes, Wheezer, I am serious and not on anything.)  If I talk about everything that came to mind while I watched this movie I would probably call bullshit on myself.  But when one of the characters settles down to die he does so with a profound resolution that Is beyond refutation.  It reminded me of the scene in "Little Big Man"  when the grandfather climbs onto his funeral structure because it was a good day to die.  Except in that movie a raindrop interupts his death.  No raindrops here, only the wolves who are constantly on your tail reminding you of the inevitable. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Grey
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 09:42:38 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 04, 2012, 09:28:59 PM
A worthwhile movie on two levels.  It is an action film.  But it is an allegory about life.  (Yes, Wheezer, I am serious and not on anything.)  If I talk about everything that came to mind while I watched this movie I would probably call bullshit on myself.  But when one of the characters settles down to die he does so with a profound resolution that Is beyond refutation.  It reminded me of the scene in "Little Big Man"  when the grandfather climbs onto his funeral structure because it was a good day to die.  Except in that movie a raindrop interupts his death.  No raindrops here, only the wolves who are constantly on your tail reminding you of the inevitable.

I second the recommendation. Went in without expectations on this one and really enjoyed it. As you'd expect, Liam Neeson is a badass. It's on Netflix streaming.