News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)  ( 91,426 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)
« Reply #405 on: December 19, 2013, 10:04:40 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 19, 2013, 10:03:54 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 19, 2013, 09:30:31 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 19, 2013, 09:23:59 AM
Quote from: CT III on December 19, 2013, 08:56:59 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 19, 2013, 08:54:46 AM
This is the worst. Can we go back to finding out why Bernstein's days might be numbered?

Valiant effort, but this is only going to result in a string of Jewish calendar jokes by Chuck.

I keep out of the numerology areas.

I support your decision to avoid things you're not interested in.

I didn't say I wasn't interested in numerology, but it's too convoluted, even for me to attempt to follow.

I limit myself to knowing that, in Hebrew, the number 18 is also the word "Cha'i" or life.

All the 3s, 7s and 40s and all the others... no thanks.

Good shit - what else?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #406 on: December 19, 2013, 10:17:04 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 19, 2013, 10:04:40 AM
This is the worst. Can we go back to finding out why Bernstein's days might be numbered?

Valiant effort, but this is only going to result in a string of Jewish calendar jokes by Chuck.

I didn't say I wasn't interested in numerology, but it's too convoluted, even for me to attempt to follow.

I limit myself to knowing that, in Hebrew, the number 18 is also the word "Cha'i" or life.

Good shit - what else?

Rose wears 1.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #407 on: December 19, 2013, 10:18:37 AM »
Quote from: Fork on December 19, 2013, 10:17:04 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 19, 2013, 10:04:40 AM

Good shit - what else?

Rose wears 1.

That's what she said, much to her chagrin.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #408 on: December 19, 2013, 11:15:20 AM »
Also, just to make sure I'm clear on this:

Anonymous sources are telling the NY Daily News that Derrick Rose doesn't want to go through a rebuild.
Anonymous sources are telling The Score and/or Dan Bernstein that Reggie Rose is a pain in the ass.
BJ Armstrong is asshurt.
Dan Bernstein is asshurt.

None of this is confirmed, nor would it probably even have come up if Derrick Rose could actually play basketball.  What is confirmed is that Rose is under contract until 2017, the Bulls are going to have make some roster changes in the next offseason and if the past is any indication, Rose will be consulted on the roster moves.

In short, nothing to see here.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #409 on: December 19, 2013, 11:36:41 AM »
Quote from: CT III on December 19, 2013, 11:15:20 AM

Anonymous sources are telling the NY Daily News that Derrick Rose doesn't want to go through a rebuild.
Anonymous sources are telling The Score and/or Dan Bernstein that Reggie Rose is a pain in the ass.
BJ Armstrong is asshurt.

None of this is confirmed, nor would it probably even have come up if Derrick Rose could actually play basketball.  What is confirmed is that Rose is under contract until 2017, the Bulls are going to have make some roster changes in the next offseason and if the past is any indication, Rose will be consulted on the roster moves.

That pretty much sums it up other than the unexplained threat on Bernstein's life.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #410 on: December 19, 2013, 12:52:18 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 19, 2013, 11:36:41 AM

BJ Armstrong is asshurt.

That pretty much sums it up other than the unexplained threat on Bernstein's life.

My sources tell me Adidas will have him executed in the next 3 months.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #411 on: December 20, 2013, 02:56:27 PM »
Quote from: BH on December 19, 2013, 12:52:18 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 19, 2013, 11:36:41 AM

BJ Armstrong is asshurt.

My sources tell me Adidas will have him executed in the next 3 months.

Slezak told you that?

*edits Death Pool entry*
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #412 on: January 07, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »
Luol traded to cavs for bynum and picks that likely won't end up being much. Gets bulls under luxury tax, which this year makes no sense to pay, especially the repeat offender tax. Boozer will be amnestied this summer. Assume Thibs will be gone this summer as well, already seems to be a rift between him and management and trading away one of his best players likely won't sit well. Hopefully the team starts tanking soon, the bulls get a decent draft pick, sign mirotic, rose returns healthy and the bulls have some extra money to bring in some good players.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #413 on: January 07, 2014, 08:57:01 AM »
Quote from: BH on January 07, 2014, 08:36:23 AM
Luol traded to cavs for bynum and picks that likely won't end up being much. Gets bulls under luxury tax, which this year makes no sense to pay, especially the repeat offender tax. Boozer will be amnestied this summer. Assume Thibs will be gone this summer as well, already seems to be a rift between him and management and trading away one of his best players likely won't sit well. Hopefully the team starts tanking soon, the bulls get a decent draft pick, sign mirotic, rose returns healthy and the bulls have some extra money to bring in some good players.

#CommitHariKari4Jabari

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #414 on: March 05, 2014, 04:30:23 AM »
So.....Carmelo?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #415 on: March 05, 2014, 08:40:33 AM »
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #417 on: March 05, 2014, 11:49:32 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 05, 2014, 11:33:27 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 05, 2014, 08:40:33 AM
Quote from: PANK! on March 05, 2014, 04:30:23 AM
So.....Carmelo?

no

Okay, thanks!

It'd be nice, but the logistics of making it work would be difficult. And expensive, which means Reinsdorf probably wouldn't go for it.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #418 on: March 05, 2014, 11:50:21 AM »
So.....Carmelo?

no

Okay, thanks!

I think the Bulls would want him and the Knicks are a complete dead end. The Bulls don't have a ton of cap space and would have to get creative. Aside from that, nobody is sure who would be coaching here. His wife's career is also a factor in his decision-making process. If he's all about taking less money to win a championship, Miami would be a more attractive option. If he wants the most money and could give a shit about winning, New York is where he'd rather stay.

Would his presence on their current roster with the current coach be enough to beat Indiana or Miami in a playoff series? Even with a healthy Derrick Rose, I think that's highly questionable.

If you want a serious free agent to covet, one who they could probably afford and would fit their system and philosophy, start thinking about Lance Stephenson.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #419 on: March 05, 2014, 12:13:45 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 05, 2014, 11:50:21 AM
So.....Carmelo?

no

Okay, thanks!

I think the Bulls would want him and the Knicks are a complete dead end. The Bulls don't have a ton of cap space and would have to get creative. Aside from that, nobody is sure who would be coaching here. His wife's career is also a factor in his decision-making process. If he's all about taking less money to win a championship, Miami would be a more attractive option. If he wants the most money and could give a shit about winning, New York is where he'd rather stay.

Would his presence on their current roster with the current coach be enough to beat Indiana or Miami in a playoff series? Even with a healthy Derrick Rose, I think that's highly questionable.

If you want a serious free agent to covet, one who they could probably afford and would fit their system and philosophy, start thinking about Lance Stephenson.

If you added an actually-healthy Rose and Melo to the current Bulls roster, which is the third seed in the East based almost entirely on voodoo, I think they'd be better than "highly questionable" to beat Indiana or Miami. Maybe not the favorite, but certainly a reasonable shot.

Of course, I don't think they can simply add Melo to the current roster and make it work. So that's a moot point.