News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)  ( 91,444 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)
« Reply #466 on: May 27, 2014, 10:34:14 AM »
So much Pacer lolz. As Bulls fans, are you guys able to put down your Heat hate just for a second and bask in what is happening to your divisional rival? They are comedy fucking gold.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #467 on: May 27, 2014, 11:01:32 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 27, 2014, 10:34:14 AM
So much Pacer lolz. As Bulls fans, are you guys able to put down your Heat hate just for a second and bask in what is happening to your divisional rival? They are comedy fucking gold.

I'm actually trying to just root against both of them at the same time.

I find myself actually pulling more for the Pacers, though I can certainly appreciate the hilariousness of their epic decline. 

But on the whole, fuck this whole season.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #468 on: May 27, 2014, 11:06:25 AM »

I usually forget that the NBA has divisions.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #469 on: May 27, 2014, 11:14:08 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 27, 2014, 11:01:32 AM

I find myself actually pulling more for the Pacers, though I can certainly appreciate the hilariousness of their epic decline.  

It must be like rooting for Dusty's Reds to knock off the Cardinals or Schwartz's Lions to beat Green Bay. You have to hate yourself for even being in that position. I usually do anyway. But the way the Pacers chirped all season about how badly they wanted (needed) home court advantage to beat Miami in Game 7 of the ECF - therefore conceding three losses to them from day zero was hysterical. They have them right where they want them, I guess. Then Lance trash talks LeBron after two straight losses, saying he's showing "signs of weakness" then proceeds to get pulverized by the guy and says, "no regrets." Paul George basically tells his teammate to shut up and play and then says his team "outplayed" Miami and only lost because of free-throw differential. He said this in front of people. Miami led by 23 in the fourth and called off the dogs defensively, letting Indiana get layups but no threes as they salted the game away. And Indiana lost by 12. Yeah, you sure outplayed them, PG. George Hill, who already got into a sideline altercation with Lance, which required teammate intervention during a game, said the team needs to "shut up and just play," while David West and Frank Vogel fumed in public about the free throw differential. And... the Pacers have taken seven more free throws in the series than Miami has.

I mean... there's just no end to it. This is going to end badly for the Pacers. I do predict they end up forcing a Game 6 in Miami before getting throttled severely there. But these guys truly hate each other and have done a horrible job of keeping their disdain in house. When it's all over some stories are going to come out that will be unlike anything we've ever heard because this team is just so damn weird.

It's my favorite Pacer team since the one that ran up into the stands at Auburn Hills in mortal fear of Ben Wallace. Fuck yeah, Pacers!  

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #470 on: May 29, 2014, 03:42:37 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 27, 2014, 11:14:08 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 27, 2014, 11:01:32 AM

It must be like rooting for Dusty's Reds to knock off the Cardinals or Schwartz's Lions to beat Green Bay. You have to hate yourself for even being in that position. I usually do anyway. But the way the Pacers chirped all season about how badly they wanted (needed) home court advantage to beat Miami in Game 7 of the ECF - therefore conceding three losses to them from day zero was hysterical. They have them right where they want them, I guess. Then Lance trash talks LeBron after two straight losses, saying he's showing "signs of weakness" then proceeds to get pulverized by the guy and says, "no regrets." Paul George basically tells his teammate to shut up and play and then says his team "outplayed" Miami and only lost because of free-throw differential. He said this in front of people. Miami led by 23 in the fourth and called off the dogs defensively, letting Indiana get layups but no threes as they salted the game away. And Indiana lost by 12. Yeah, you sure outplayed them, PG. George Hill, who already got into a sideline altercation with Lance, which required teammate intervention during a game, said the team needs to "shut up and just play," while David West and Frank Vogel fumed in public about the free throw differential. And... the Pacers have taken seven more free throws in the series than Miami has.

I mean... there's just no end to it. This is going to end badly for the Pacers. I do predict they end up forcing a Game 6 in Miami before getting throttled severely there. But these guys truly hate each other and have done a horrible job of keeping their disdain in house. When it's all over some stories are going to come out that will be unlike anything we've ever heard because this team is just so damn weird.

It's my favorite Pacer team since the one that ran up into the stands at Auburn Hills in mortal fear of Ben Wallace. Fuck yeah, Pacers!  

I definitely want Miami to win

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #471 on: June 01, 2014, 09:45:15 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 16, 2014, 09:32:48 PM
No, Pex.

1. Indiana over 8. Atlanta, 4-1
2. Miami over 7. Charlotte, 4-1
6. Brooklyn over 3. Toronto, 4-3
5. Washington over 4. Chicago 4-2

1. Indiana over 5. Washington, 4-2
2. Miami over 6. Brooklyn, 4-3

2. Miami over 1. Indiana, 4-2

Finals: San Antonio over Miami 4-3

Finals MVP: Tim Duncan

I really hope this becomes further evidence of how terrible I am at making predictions.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #472 on: June 02, 2014, 10:16:44 AM »
From now on, I roll with Pex

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #473 on: June 05, 2014, 11:03:25 PM »
What kind of fuckery...

My asshurt could power the Spurs' horseshit air conditioning right now.

Heat in 6.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #474 on: June 12, 2014, 10:31:34 PM »
Try to imagine Jordan passively standing around, chewing on his fingernails and letting his team get their asses handed to them in 3 of 4 NBA Finals games (all three blowouts at home). You can't. Never would've happened.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #475 on: June 12, 2014, 10:38:58 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 12, 2014, 10:31:34 PM
Try to imagine Jordan passively standing around, chewing on his fingernails and letting his team get their asses handed to them in 3 of 4 NBA Finals games (all three blowouts at home). You can't. Never would've happened.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #476 on: June 12, 2014, 10:40:09 PM »
It's funny because if you read it quickly it throws you. But yeah I guess the Spurs would beat the Jazz, Suns, Sonics, Blazers and Lakers. It'd be weird if they played a team from their own conference in the Finals though.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #477 on: June 12, 2014, 10:50:32 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 12, 2014, 10:40:09 PM
It's funny because if you read it quickly it throws you. But yeah I guess the Spurs would beat the Jazz, Suns, Sonics, Blazers and Lakers. It'd be weird if they played a team from their own conference in the Finals though.

Also, I don't think Shawn Kemp is very good anymore.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #478 on: June 13, 2014, 08:17:48 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 12, 2014, 10:50:32 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 12, 2014, 10:40:09 PM

Also, I don't think Shawn Kemp is very good anymore.

He's down to fathering 2 kids a year.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #479 on: June 13, 2014, 09:03:28 AM »
This Spurs team is one of the best ever assembled. The win-loss record won't reflect it because Popovich just doesn't care. If they weren't ripping my favorite team a set of matching assholes, I'm sure I'd really enjoy talking about it.

I'm disappointed but the Heat has nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of. Four Finals and two rings is really great. And it's not like they're done. They'll rebuild around LeBron who probably has five years of his prime remaining at least.