News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)  ( 91,584 )

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2012, 03:30:43 PM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2012, 10:08:39 PM »
Quote from: Fork on April 13, 2012, 03:30:43 PM
Quote from: morpheus on April 13, 2012, 11:39:51 AM
To be the best, you gotta beat the best.

Sure, but I'd like to see that sorted by FT%.

Please note the parenthetical portion of the thread title.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2012, 11:49:10 AM »
My sick, twisted pro-basketball soul has me rooting for Boston Against the Knicks tonight. Because, I want the Celtics to stay in the 4-hole where Miami will avoid them in the second round. And I want the Knicks to stay in the 8 spot where they'll avoid the Heat in the first round. I want the Knicks to play the Bulls because, while I think the Bulls would stop them in 5, I don't want to root against New York in the playoffs. They're like my ex. I don't love them anymore but I wish no ill will upon them and would enjoy rooting for them in those five ill-fated games. And Boston scares me, as they should any Eastern Conference fan. Even if they didn't beat Chicago or Miami they'd provide the kind of scare that a game 90s Knicks or Pacers team would to leave your team battered, bruised and exhausted for the next round. Fuck that noise.

And if the Heat plays Indiana in Round 2, I could probably score a couple tickets.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2012, 11:05:53 AM »
My good friend KELLY DWYER on what last night's game really means. (SPOILER ALERT: Nothing)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/chicago-bulls-just-fine-even-though-might-big-141954253.html

Except that their last three games matter if they really care about that top seed. (SPOILER ALERT: They shouldn't.)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2012, 09:07:35 AM »
Round One. Keep your hands up. Protect yourself at all times.

Bulls over Philly in 5.

Heat over Knicks in 4.

Pacers over Magic in 4.

Celtics over Hawks in 6.

---

Spurs over Jazz in 5.

Thunder over Mavs in 4.

Lakers over Nuggets in 6.

Grizz over Clippers in 7.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2012, 09:28:47 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 27, 2012, 09:07:35 AM
Round One. Keep your hands up. Protect yourself at all times.

Bulls over Philly in 5.

Heat over Knicks in 4.

Pacers over Magic in 4.

Celtics over Hawks in 6.

---

Spurs over Jazz in 5.

Thunder over Mavs in 4.

Lakers over Nuggets in 6.

Grizz over Clippers in 7.

Cool story, bruh.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2012, 09:52:05 AM »
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2012, 01:15:45 PM »
A+ on the execution of this .gif:

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2012, 01:29:41 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 01, 2012, 01:15:45 PM
A+ on the execution of this .gif:

That's the most amazing non-boob-related thing I've ever seen on the internet.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2012, 09:41:38 AM »
First Knick playoff win since I ended my fandom. Jeff Van Gundy and I shared yet another lament over Isiah Thomas' reign of horror. It was really cute how they dropped the streamers and partied like it was 1999. Like really, super cute.

The Knicks are like an ex-girlfriend who moved in and threw out all my stuff to make room for her bullshit, made me miserable on a daily basis and capped it off by cheating on me with the sneakiest, smarmiest douchecannon I knew. Freeing myself from her was good for me and as I occaisionally checked in on her while she compounded horrible decisions with even worse choices I felt no remorse at having ended it. But there are days like yesterday when she showed up looking like she did when we first met, when all I wanted was to be next to her and she tantalized me with promises of love, happiness and amazing secks.

But alas. That bitch be crazy. Namaste.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2012, 09:50:55 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 07, 2012, 09:41:38 AM
First Knick playoff win since I ended my fandom. Jeff Van Gundy and I shared yet another lament over Isiah Thomas' reign of horror. It was really cute how they dropped the streamers and partied like it was 1999. Like really, super cute.

The Knicks are like an ex-girlfriend who moved in and threw out all my stuff to make room for her bullshit, made me miserable on a daily basis and capped it off by cheating on me with the sneakiest, smarmiest douchecannon I knew. Freeing myself from her was good for me and as I occaisionally checked in on her while she compounded horrible decisions with even worse choices I felt no remorse at having ended it. But there are days like yesterday when she showed up looking like she did when we first met, when all I wanted was to be next to her and she tantalized me with promises of love, happiness and amazing secks.

i'm assuming you're talking about jeremy lin
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2012, 09:55:45 AM »
Someone puts a whole hell of alot of thought into their fandom, such as it is.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2012, 09:58:34 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 07, 2012, 09:41:38 AM

And now you're a Heat fan. Which is presumably like paying to a date a hooker. You convince yourself there's a connection and parade her around to your friends, but everyone knows you didn't do anything to earn it and you're making everyone around you sad.