News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)  ( 91,495 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)
« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2012, 08:27:29 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 08, 2012, 07:49:11 AM
Sounds like a monster game from King James last night.  Perhaps the Facebook LULZ were possibly premature?

Lebron was unstoppable last night. If Boston didn't play so shitty, they still would have had a chance to win. It was an awful game. Boston had no energy, garnett, allen and particularly pierce sucked. Pierce picks up more stupid fouls than anyone in the NBA, he had 3 dumb fouls at the start of the 2nd quarter. I think he was 4-18 from the field.  Wade didn't play well. It was lebron vs a crappy NBA team last night, and lebron was better.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2012, 09:52:08 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 08, 2012, 08:27:29 AM
Sounds like a monster game from King James last night.  Perhaps the Facebook LULZ were possibly premature?

Lebron was unstoppable last night. If Boston didn't play so shitty, they still would have had a chance to win. It was an awful game. Boston had no energy, garnett, allen and particularly pierce sucked. Pierce picks up more stupid fouls than anyone in the NBA, he had 3 dumb fouls at the start of the 2nd quarter. I think he was 4-18 from the field.  Wade didn't play well. It was lebron vs a crappy NBA team last night, and lebron was better.

/asshurt

It was the first time in the series that Miami played with desperation on defense. As a fan of the team, it hurts to admit that they just don't play with the intensity required of them often enough. But they did last night. Bosh's 26 minutes meant fewer 2nd chance points and easy looks at the hoop. He had three blocks. Look for him to play 30+ in Game 7. The Anthony on Garnett thing works in spurts (||) and if you really, really need a stop, put LeBron on Rondo and live with whatever Pierce does to you. Allen is spent. If he's not standing all by himfuckingself on the wing, he's basically useless at this point.

Pierce picks up so many fouls (in this series, I don't know how you figure he picks up more than anybody) because he's a step too slow to guard LeBron and has to reach and grab to keep from getting dunked on every other play. If LeBron's getting him to bite on the headfake too, well, fuck. Rivers will have a plan but if LeBron plays anywhere close to last night's performance and Wade picks up the pace early, get your Thunderstix ready. You fucking homos.

Boston is not a crappy NBA team either. That's fucking ludicrous. They have three hall of famers with diminishing skills, but those guys can still put the ball in the basket. They also have a point guard who is playing better than anybody not named LeBron or Durant. They would have swept the Bulls if they'd advanced past Philly as constituted and even at full strength Chicago would not have put them away in less than six. Doc Rivers is the best coach in the Eastern Conference. Sorry Thibs.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2012, 10:59:10 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 08, 2012, 09:52:08 AM
Sounds like a monster game from King James last night.  Perhaps the Facebook LULZ were possibly premature?

Lebron was unstoppable last night. If Boston didn't play so shitty, they still would have had a chance to win. It was an awful game. Boston had no energy, garnett, allen and particularly pierce sucked. Pierce picks up more stupid fouls than anyone in the NBA, he had 3 dumb fouls at the start of the 2nd quarter. I think he was 4-18 from the field.  Wade didn't play well. It was lebron vs a crappy NBA team last night, and lebron was better.

/asshurt

It was the first time in the series that Miami played with desperation on defense. As a fan of the team, it hurts to admit that they just don't play with the intensity required of them often enough. But they did last night. Bosh's 26 minutes meant fewer 2nd chance points and easy looks at the hoop. He had three blocks. Look for him to play 30+ in Game 7. The Anthony on Garnett thing works in spurts (||) and if you really, really need a stop, put LeBron on Rondo and live with whatever Pierce does to you. Allen is spent. If he's not standing all by himfuckingself on the wing, he's basically useless at this point.

Pierce picks up so many fouls (in this series, I don't know how you figure he picks up more than anybody) because he's a step too slow to guard LeBron and has to reach and grab to keep from getting dunked on every other play. If LeBron's getting him to bite on the headfake too, well, fuck. Rivers will have a plan but if LeBron plays anywhere close to last night's performance and Wade picks up the pace early, get your Thunderstix ready. You fucking homos.

Boston is not a crappy NBA team either. That's fucking ludicrous. They have three hall of famers with diminishing skills, but those guys can still put the ball in the basket. They also have a point guard who is playing better than anybody not named LeBron or Durant. They would have swept the Bulls if they'd advanced past Philly as constituted and even at full strength Chicago would not have put them away in less than six. Doc Rivers is the best coach in the Eastern Conference. Sorry Thibs.

They were a crappy team last night. That's all I meant. They have been playing great.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2012, 11:19:22 AM »

/asshurt

I just love that you can say this unironically.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2012, 12:04:16 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 08, 2012, 11:19:22 AM

/asshurt

Does that mean you love me? *blushes*

In the 80s I was a Celtics fan because they had Larry Bird. In the 90s I was a Knicks fan because they had Patrick Ewing. In the 00's I dabbled with Houston because they had Yao and Jeff Van Gundy, with Ewing as assistant (average of about 10 games watched per season from 2002-05) and in the latter years I watched the Cavs in the playoffs but generally didn't get emotionally invested. I was more into college ball. Now in the 10s it's the Heat because of LeBron.

All of this is ironic I guess? CT?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2012, 12:39:33 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 08, 2012, 12:04:16 PM
Quote from: PANK! on June 08, 2012, 11:19:22 AM

/asshurt

Does that mean you love me? *blushes*

In the 80s I was a Celtics fan because they had Larry Bird. In the 90s I was a Knicks fan because they had Patrick Ewing. In the 00's I dabbled with Houston because they had Yao and Jeff Van Gundy, with Ewing as assistant (average of about 10 games watched per season from 2002-05) and in the latter years I watched the Cavs in the playoffs but generally didn't get emotionally invested. I was more into college ball. Now in the 10s it's the Heat because of LeBron.

All of this is ironic I guess? CT?

No fucking way.

I might allow for irony if all these teams had failed to win championships - but Bird breaks that up and obviously the Heat still have a shot.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2012, 01:54:30 PM »
Side note: the Rockets should go back to the yellow and red scheme.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2012, 02:08:32 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 08, 2012, 01:54:30 PM

Racist.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2012, 02:29:29 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 08, 2012, 02:08:32 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 08, 2012, 01:54:30 PM

RacistLacist.

Ming'd
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »
Doc Rivers is the best coach in the Eastern Conference. Sorry Thibs.

Who do you think installed the system that the Celtics run?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2012, 07:11:51 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 08, 2012, 06:47:54 PM

Red Auerbach.

Duh.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: June 08, 2012, 08:33:25 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 08, 2012, 07:11:51 PM
Quote from: Eli on June 08, 2012, 06:47:54 PM

Red Auerbach.

Duh.

*Lights one of Red's cragars*
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2012, 12:31:27 AM »
I am not saying that Thibs is a shitty coach or denying his contributions under both Doc Rivers and Jeff Van Gundy. But if we're being serious about comparing the two, Doc does have a lot going for him, with the championship and the demonstrated ability to get the three superstars plus Rondo to coexist seamlessly. Give Thibs time, and he might get there but Doc's the goods. I'm sticking to my guns and stating that I'm relieved that the Heat got the Thunder and not the Spurs in the finals, because I am convinced that Popovich would have been a difference-maker versus Spoelstra, as Doc very nearly was in the Eastern Finals. Versus Scott Brooks, it's at least a wash.

Every Tom, Dick and Yeti are jumping on the Thunder as prohibitive favorites to take this series. I got the Heat winning in 7. LeBron can contain Durant, and Wade can cancel out Hardin. Nobody stops Westbrook. And Nobody stops LeBron. I admire the Thunder for their size and can see that being a factor in several games. But the way to beat the Heat is with ball movement and perimeter shooting out the side of your German arse. I love the matchup and just think the Miami is better at having LeBron James than OKC is.

Fuck all the haters in the face with Skip Bayless' tiny little dick.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2012, 11:11:55 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 11, 2012, 12:31:27 AM
I am not saying that Thibs is a shitty coach or denying his contributions under both Doc Rivers and Jeff Van Gundy. But if we're being serious about comparing the two, Doc does have a lot going for him, with the championship and the demonstrated ability to get the three superstars plus Rondo to coexist seamlessly. Give Thibs time, and he might get there but Doc's the goods. I'm sticking to my guns and stating that I'm relieved that the Heat got the Thunder and not the Spurs in the finals, because I am convinced that Popovich would have been a difference-maker versus Spoelstra, as Doc very nearly was in the Eastern Finals. Versus Scott Brooks, it's at least a wash.

Every Tom, Dick and Yeti are jumping on the Thunder as prohibitive favorites to take this series. I got the Heat winning in 7. LeBron can contain Durant, and Wade can cancel out Hardin. Nobody stops Westbrook. And Nobody stops LeBron. I admire the Thunder for their size and can see that being a factor in several games. But the way to beat the Heat is with ball movement and perimeter shooting out the side of your German arse. I love the matchup and just think the Miami is better at having LeBron James than OKC is.

(||)
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2012, 11:13:34 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 11, 2012, 12:31:27 AM

I'll take Oklahoma City in 6.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.