News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)  ( 91,595 )

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2012, 11:45:19 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 11, 2012, 12:31:27 AM
I am not saying that Thibs is a shitty coach or denying his contributions under both Doc Rivers and Jeff Van Gundy. But if we're being serious about comparing the two, Doc does have a lot going for him, with the championship and the demonstrated ability to get the three superstars plus Rondo to coexist seamlessly. Give Thibs time, and he might get there but Doc's the goods. I'm sticking to my guns and stating that I'm relieved that the Heat got the Thunder and not the Spurs in the finals, because I am convinced that Popovich would have been a difference-maker versus Spoelstra, as Doc very nearly was in the Eastern Finals. Versus Scott Brooks, it's at least a wash.

Every Tom, Dick and Yeti are jumping on the Thunder as prohibitive favorites to take this series. I got the Heat winning in 7. LeBron can contain Durant, and Wade can cancel out Hardin. Nobody stops Westbrook. And Nobody stops LeBron. I admire the Thunder for their size and can see that being a factor in several games. But the way to beat the Heat is with ball movement and perimeter shooting out the side of your German arse. I love the matchup and just think the Miami is better at having LeBron James than OKC is.

Fuck all the haters in the face with Skip Bayless' tiny little dick.

So, despite Scott Brooks making great adjustments in the Spurs series and essentially outflaking Poppvich, you think he's a wash with Spoelstra (at best) whereas Pop wold have dragged him around by his ears?

Personally, I don't care either way and I don't think either one makes a big difference, just trying get clarification. 

Or, more accurately, just trying to start shit. 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2012, 12:08:26 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 11, 2012, 11:45:19 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 11, 2012, 12:31:27 AM
I am not saying that Thibs is a shitty coach or denying his contributions under both Doc Rivers and Jeff Van Gundy. But if we're being serious about comparing the two, Doc does have a lot going for him, with the championship and the demonstrated ability to get the three superstars plus Rondo to coexist seamlessly. Give Thibs time, and he might get there but Doc's the goods. I'm sticking to my guns and stating that I'm relieved that the Heat got the Thunder and not the Spurs in the finals, because I am convinced that Popovich would have been a difference-maker versus Spoelstra, as Doc very nearly was in the Eastern Finals. Versus Scott Brooks, it's at least a wash.

Every Tom, Dick and Yeti are jumping on the Thunder as prohibitive favorites to take this series. I got the Heat winning in 7. LeBron can contain Durant, and Wade can cancel out Hardin. Nobody stops Westbrook. And Nobody stops LeBron. I admire the Thunder for their size and can see that being a factor in several games. But the way to beat the Heat is with ball movement and perimeter shooting out the side of your German arse. I love the matchup and just think the Miami is better at having LeBron James than OKC is.

Fuck all the haters in the face with Skip Bayless' tiny little dick.

So, despite Scott Brooks making great adjustments in the Spurs series and essentially outflaking Poppvich, you think he's a wash with Spoelstra (at best) whereas Pop wold have dragged him around by his ears?

Personally, I don't care either way and I don't think either one makes a big difference, just trying get clarification. 

Or, more accurately, just trying to start shit. 

I could be convinced that Brooks out-coached Popovich in the series, but given what I saw, I think it was a matter of the Thunder's superior talent defeating the Spurs. Pop tried some different things but just didn't have the athletes horses, dude, on defense to slow down Durant and company.  Miami has a far superior defense, when it's interested, than anything OKC has faced in these playoffs.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2012, 10:47:13 PM »
The Thunder is ridiculously, unbelievably good.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2012, 07:26:15 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 12, 2012, 10:47:13 PM
The Thunder is ridiculously, unbelievably good a team I've loved my whole life.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2012, 10:17:40 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 12, 2012, 10:47:13 PMThe Thunder is ridiculously, unbelievably good.

Durant and Westbrook were unreal in the 4th. 36 points on 20 shots for Durant. That kind of efficiency makes Kelly Dwyer tumesce.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2012, 10:57:44 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 13, 2012, 10:17:40 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 12, 2012, 10:47:13 PMThe Thunder is ridiculously, unbelievably good.

Durant and Westbrook were unreal in the 4th. 36 points on 20 shots for Durant. That kind of efficiency makes Kelly Dwyer tumesce.

The Heat have to get more rest for Wade and James. A 6 1/2-man* rotation won't get it against this team. They will have to rely on Jones (who missed the game with a migraine - SHADEZ OF SCOTTY PIPINN) or Cole or Turiaf or Alonzo fucking Mourning or something. Also if Wade could stop sucking donkey dick that would be most helpful.  

Mike Miller

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2012, 10:18:02 AM »

Erection forming.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2012, 10:34:47 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 18, 2012, 10:18:02 AM

Erection forming.

I look forward to see Lebron, Wade and Joey Crawford all holding up the championship trophy. And Eddie Curry.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2012, 10:39:43 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 18, 2012, 10:34:47 AM

Erection forming.

I look forward to see Lebron, Wade and Joey Crawford all holding up the championship trophy. And Eddie Curry.

Something something Bulls fan bitching about NBA officiating something something

CT can take this play off. The irony LITERALLY drips from Slezak's pen onto BH's crank and into this thread. (||)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2012, 10:52:05 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 18, 2012, 10:39:43 AM

Erection forming.

Something something Bulls fan bitching about NBA officiating something something

CT can take this play off. The irony LITERALLY drips from Slezak's pen onto BH's crank and into this thread. (||)

The refereeing has been awful this series. And make your goddamn free throws OKC!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: June 18, 2012, 10:55:36 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 18, 2012, 10:52:05 AM

Erection forming.

The refereeing has been awful this series for my entire lifetime. And make your goddamn free throws OKC!

NBA'd.

Last bastions of hope for those who wish to see LeBron fail. Pray for another "choke" and if that fails to happen, you can always blame the refs.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: June 18, 2012, 11:12:04 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 18, 2012, 10:55:36 AM

Erection forming.

The refereeing has been awful this series for my entire lifetime. And make your goddamn free throws OKC!

NBA'd.

Last bastions of hope for those who wish to see LeBron fail. Pray for another "choke" and if that fails to happen, you can always blame the refs.

I keep forgetting about how much the heat mean to you.  I'd just prefer to watch the best players on both teams actually play.
I don't really care about lebron failing, or choking. He's the best all around player in the NBA. I think miami's the world-against-us response to everything is ridiculous, given how they brought it all on themselves. I just want to see both teams best players play against each other. If miami wins, they were the better team.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: June 18, 2012, 11:33:16 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 18, 2012, 11:12:04 AM

Erection forming.

NBA'd.

I keep forgetting about how much the heat mean to you.  I'd just prefer to watch the best players on both teams actually play.
I don't really care about lebron failing, or choking. He's the best all around player in the NBA. I think miami's the world-against-us response to everything is ridiculous, given how they brought it all on themselves. I just want to see both teams best players play against each other. If miami wins, they were the better team.

So... more Eddie Curry then?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: June 18, 2012, 11:38:34 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 18, 2012, 11:33:16 AM
Quote from: BH on June 18, 2012, 11:12:04 AM

Erection forming.

NBA'd.

So... more Eddie Curry then?

The heat owe it to eddy to get him into their winning game. Even if he's wearing a suit.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: June 18, 2012, 11:38:42 AM »
I want the Heat to win because I want to see what bullshit narrative the media is forced into when LeBron is a champion. I guess they'll say he needs to win at least six more.