News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)  ( 91,522 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NBA Hoop Thread (Non-Fro Dog Edition)
« Reply #285 on: June 21, 2013, 01:47:19 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 21, 2013, 01:38:06 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 21, 2013, 01:32:40 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on June 21, 2013, 01:01:33 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 21, 2013, 12:32:50 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 21, 2013, 11:36:21 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 21, 2013, 11:27:55 AM
Not a peep from Apex?

Hypothetical for you, internet friend - if LeBron opts out a year from now and signs with the Bulls, who will you root for?

The Bulls.

*offers hypothetical shirtless hug*

But listening to LeBron talk about how honored he feels to play for the Heat organization, I don't think he's leaving. I mean, people can say what they want, it's good for ratings and clicks and whatever, but I don't know why he'd leave with the Bird Rights in place and the ability to recruit more veterans to play for titles with him every year from South Beach.

Not to mention the lack of a state sales tax, so he can net as much with a smaller gross.

He's been in Miami for 3 years, they've made 3 finals and won 2 of them. 

Can't possibly imagine a scenario in which he leaves.

I hope down the road at some point when Larbon is all done we see Spoelstra coach a different team without Larbon and Gang.

I wanna see it.

He's doing a great job but there are probably a handful of coaches in history that actually, really matter. He's not one of them yet.

Vinny Del Negro could have coached this team to 2 championships.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #286 on: June 21, 2013, 01:48:27 PM »
Quote from: BH on June 21, 2013, 01:47:19 PM
Not a peep from Apex?

Hypothetical for you, internet friend - if LeBron opts out a year from now and signs with the Bulls, who will you root for?

The Bulls.

But listening to LeBron talk about how honored he feels to play for the Heat organization, I don't think he's leaving. I mean, people can say what they want, it's good for ratings and clicks and whatever, but I don't know why he'd leave with the Bird Rights in place and the ability to recruit more veterans to play for titles with him every year from South Beach.

Not to mention the lack of a state sales tax, so he can net as much with a smaller gross.

I hope down the road at some point when Larbon is all done we see Spoelstra coach a different team without Larbon and Gang.

I wanna see it.

He's doing a great job but there are probably a handful of coaches in history that actually, really matter. He's not one of them yet.

No. He's one of the handful who matter. In a bad way.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #287 on: June 21, 2013, 01:48:33 PM »
Not a peep from Apex?

The Bulls.

I wanna see it.

Not sure about that.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #288 on: June 21, 2013, 01:54:58 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 21, 2013, 01:48:33 PM
Not a peep from Apex?

The Bulls.

I wanna see it.

Not sure about that.

This is not a real argument. BH stickpoke notwithstanding. Spoelstra is running the Riley/Van Gundy defensive system, but that offense was designed by this coaching staff specifically for LeBron. Within it, he is blossoming to his full and mindblowing potential right before our eyes. They went from a highly-talented and highly-flawed team that lost to Dallas to an absolute flying death machine at high tide this year. I can direct you to some boring articles on Grantland about it. Anybody? No?

Vinny had one of the deepest rosters in the league and it was an all-out clusterfuck and a mutiny in L.A. There is no way Vinny could have withstood the pressure that Spo was under the past three seasons. For that alone, he gets the nod as a first-class leader. Jeff Van Gundy called him a future Hall of Famer, and Jeff is prone to wild statements like that. But if they three-peat, you can't keep him out. Not with the job he has done here. He had Pop's pants around his ankles at the end of Game 6 and there is no disputing that. He also had LeBron Damn James. That's what they'll always say, which is why Slak is probably curious. But, really, he's a coach. It wouldn't be that interesting.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #289 on: June 21, 2013, 01:56:59 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 21, 2013, 01:54:58 PM
Not a peep from Apex?

The Bulls.

I wanna see it.

Not sure about that.

This is not a real argument. BH stickpoke notwithstanding. Spoelstra is running the Riley/Van Gundy defensive system, but that offense was designed by this coaching staff specifically for LeBron. They went from a highly-talented and highly-flawed team that lost to Dallas to an absolute flying death machine at high tide this year. I can direct you to some boring articles on Grantland about it. Anybody? No?

Vinny had one of the deepest rosters in the league and it was an all-out clusterfuck and a mutiny in L.A. There is no way Vinny could have withstood the pressure that Spo was under the past three seasons. For that alone, he gets the nod as a first-class leader. Jeff Van Gundy called him a future Hall of Famer, and Jeff is prone to wild statements like that. But if they three-peat, you can't keep him out. Not with the job he has done here. He had Pop's pants around his ankles at the end of Game 6 and there is no disputing that. He also had LeBron Damn James. That's what they'll always say, which is why Slak is probably curious. But, really, he's a coach. It wouldn't be that interesting.

That's good insight (not being a dick) and what I meant, not in a trolling way, is that I'd like to see him coach a team without a Larbon just to see how he does. I'm not saying he'd suck or be a miracle worker. I'd like to see it though.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #290 on: June 21, 2013, 01:58:25 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 21, 2013, 01:56:59 PM
Not a peep from Apex?

The Bulls.

I wanna see it.

Not sure about that.

This is not a real argument. BH stickpoke notwithstanding. Spoelstra is running the Riley/Van Gundy defensive system, but that offense was designed by this coaching staff specifically for LeBron. They went from a highly-talented and highly-flawed team that lost to Dallas to an absolute flying death machine at high tide this year. I can direct you to some boring articles on Grantland about it. Anybody? No?

That's good insight (not being a dick) and what I meant, not in a trolling way, is that I'd like to see him coach a team without a Larbon just to see how he does. I'm not saying he'd suck or be a miracle worker. I'd like to see it though.

Larbon Jims is my favorite player now.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #291 on: June 21, 2013, 02:08:32 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 21, 2013, 01:58:25 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 21, 2013, 01:56:59 PM
Not a peep from Apex?

The Bulls.

I wanna see it.

Not sure about that.

Larbon Jims is my favorite player now.

Lelbron James is a real thing. Look:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/lelbron

You'll get a chance to see Spo coach in the league for a very, very longtime. He'll be a very old man when he's done freaking out in Armani suits on NBA sidellines.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #292 on: June 21, 2013, 02:38:34 PM »
Not a peep from Apex?

The Bulls.

I wanna see it.

Why would he coach a team unless it was loaded with superstars? He's got two rings and can command a hefty paycheck from here on out, even if all he ever did was roll the ball out onto the floor. If he were ever to coach a team that didn't have LeBron James, you can bet your ass he'd only take a gig with at least two all stars looking at him in huddles.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #293 on: June 21, 2013, 02:45:07 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 21, 2013, 02:38:34 PM
Not a peep from Apex?

The Bulls.

I wanna see it.

Why would he coach a team unless it was loaded with superstars? He's got two rings and can command a hefty paycheck from here on out, even if all he ever did was roll the ball out onto the floor. If he were ever to coach a team that didn't have LeBron James, you can bet your ass he'd only take a gig with at least two all stars looking at him in huddles.

George Karl and Larry Brown have had and not had rosters like that. I don't think he's Phil Jackson arrogant and would "retire" when his players weren't up to par in one way or another. He probably isn't Popovich or Riley, with all sorts of input into personnel matters and an eye for talent and useful pieces that will keep him well-stocked throughout his career. Though, his identification of Birdman as the missing link in their weak frontcourt does speak to some ability there. We'll see. But this is a humble guy who didn't play NBA ball and doesn't carry the ego that some of the big dicks in the profession like Rivers do. He's more like Thibs in that he started at the bottom and knows he has to keep on proving people wrong to stay where he is.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #294 on: June 21, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 21, 2013, 02:45:07 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 21, 2013, 02:38:34 PM
Not a peep from Apex?

The Bulls.

I wanna see it.

George Karl and Larry Brown have had and not had rosters like that. I don't think he's Phil Jackson arrogant and would "retire" when his players weren't up to par in one way or another. He probably isn't Popovich or Riley, with all sorts of input into personnel matters and an eye for talent and useful pieces that will keep him well-stocked throughout his career. Though, his identification of Birdman as the missing link in their weak frontcourt does speak to some ability there. We'll see. But this is a humble guy who didn't play NBA ball and doesn't carry the ego that some of the big dicks in the profession like Rivers do. He's more like Thibs in that he started at the bottom and knows he has to keep on proving people wrong to stay where he is.

Racist.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #295 on: June 21, 2013, 03:28:48 PM »

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #296 on: June 21, 2013, 04:40:37 PM »
That was a great series.

It's amazing to me that anyone can say with a straight face they prefer to watch college basketball over the NBA.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #297 on: June 21, 2013, 05:28:33 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 21, 2013, 04:40:37 PM
That was a great series.

It's amazing to me that anyone can say with a straight face they prefer to watch college basketball over the NBA.

"I admit, I've done some dumb shit.
And I'm probably gon' do some mo'.
You shouldn't hold that against me though."

~ Cee-Lo

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #298 on: June 21, 2013, 05:35:53 PM »
That was a great series.

If they're only referring to Thursday-Sunday of the first week of March Madness, I get it. 

Otherwise, no. 
That's a bad product overall.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #299 on: June 21, 2013, 06:31:47 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 21, 2013, 05:35:53 PM
That was a great series.

If they're only referring to Thursday-Sunday of the first week of March Madness, I get it. 

Otherwise, no. 
That's a bad product overall.

Some people also claim college football is better than the NFL. People are idiots.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.