News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: In order to keep things simple let's just open a new topic titled: "Arizona"  ( 15,496 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on February 21, 2013, 11:36:18 AM
Quote from: Yeti on February 21, 2013, 11:32:45 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on February 21, 2013, 11:14:33 AM
Quote from: Tonker on February 21, 2013, 11:07:08 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 21, 2013, 10:56:19 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on February 21, 2013, 10:52:54 AM
Quote from: Yeti on February 21, 2013, 10:18:15 AM
So, beyond my confusion of this thread for hats, I guess I'm going to have a hard time buying regular non-flatbill hats this year. That's fun.

Serious question from someone who hasn't bought a new hat in a long time.

Are those flatbill hats made so that you can't "sculpt" them anymore into a rounded brim?

In the olden days (before pre-shaped hats) we used to just break them in, are the new ones designed so you can't do that, because flat is the new style? 

They make the Franchise style, which comes with a pre-sculpt, but you can still break in a standard hat; they just come flat from the manufacturer.

Source - I assisted with an election at their Derby plant in New York.

I think every New Era fitted cap I ever bought came with a flat brim that I subsequently shaped.  This is nothing new, Pen.

That was my question - since the style now is to wear it flat, I was wondering if the new brims were made differently to keep them flat and not shapeable.

The internets on messageboards like this very one are telling me that they are made differently then the older ones that came flat-brimmed until people curved them. Who knows, though? Flatbrim hats are queer /simplemindedsmalltownyeti

I don't think you'll get a lot of disagreement on that around here.  Maybe from Apex, but he's black and can get away with it.

I've bought MLB hats as recently as 2010 and the brims are probably a little different than they used to be but I still had no issue getting the curve I like on them. My Cubs and A's hats have a nice curve.

My throwback Jays hat has a fairly straight brim on it though which for some reason I don't mind exclusively on that hat.

#HatTalk

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Can we talk condoms in this thread too? #JimmyHatTalk
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on February 21, 2013, 02:27:11 PM
Quote from: Tonker on February 21, 2013, 11:36:18 AM
Quote from: Yeti on February 21, 2013, 11:32:45 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on February 21, 2013, 11:14:33 AM
Quote from: Tonker on February 21, 2013, 11:07:08 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 21, 2013, 10:56:19 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on February 21, 2013, 10:52:54 AM
Quote from: Yeti on February 21, 2013, 10:18:15 AM
So, beyond my confusion of this thread for hats, I guess I'm going to have a hard time buying regular non-flatbill hats this year. That's fun.

Serious question from someone who hasn't bought a new hat in a long time.

Are those flatbill hats made so that you can't "sculpt" them anymore into a rounded brim?

In the olden days (before pre-shaped hats) we used to just break them in, are the new ones designed so you can't do that, because flat is the new style?  

They make the Franchise style, which comes with a pre-sculpt, but you can still break in a standard hat; they just come flat from the manufacturer.

Source - I assisted with an election at their Derby plant in New York.

I think every New Era fitted cap I ever bought came with a flat brim that I subsequently shaped.  This is nothing new, Pen.

That was my question - since the style now is to wear it flat, I was wondering if the new brims were made differently to keep them flat and not shapeable.

The internets on messageboards like this very one are telling me that they are made differently then the older ones that came flat-brimmed until people curved them. Who knows, though? Flatbrim hats are queer /simplemindedsmalltownyeti

I don't think you'll get a lot of disagreement on that around here.  Maybe from Apex, but he's black and can get away with it.

I've bought MLB hats as recently as 2010 and the brims are probably a little different than they used to be but I still had no issue getting the curve I like on them. My Cubs and A's hats have a nice curve.

My throwback Jays hat has a fairly straight brim on it though which for some reason I don't mind exclusively on that hat.

#HatTalk

So, for the new hats, you curve them, but for the throwback, you keep it straight?

PICK A LANE, HIPSTER CONTRARIAN.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 21, 2013, 02:41:11 PM
Can we talk condoms in this thread too? #JimmyHatTalk

It depends.  If we're talking about the City of Sex, vests are preferred.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/03/22/the_jihadist_from_phoenix_eric_harroun

QuoteIn mid-January, a video emerged on YouTube of an English-speaking man, wearing a black-and-white kaffiyeh and surrounded by four bearded Arab men, addressing Syrian President Bashar al-Assad directly. "Your days are numbered, you're going down in flames, you should just quit now while you can," he said. "You're going to die no matter what ... we will find you and kill you."

The speaker was Eric Harroun, a white American from Phoenix, Arizona, who hails from a Christian family. He has become a self-described Sunni Muslim, fighting in Syria's brutal civil war -- even, he claimed, joining up with Jabhat al-Nusra, which the State Department has labeled an alias of al Qaeda in Iraq. He served nearly four years in the U.S. Army's 586th Engineering Company, but was never deployed overseas.

Getting a straight answer out of Harroun about his background proved as difficult as parsing his actions inside Syria. His credibility was already brought into question once, when we discovered he'd lied to us about his family heritage: He had told us his father was Lebanese -- a fact denied by the father, Darryl Harroun, when we contacted him during the course of our initial investigation. Harroun backpedaled after we confronted him, saying that's what he tells his comrades in order to gain more credibility with them -- and that all other details he supplied are true.

Harroun appears to have had trouble with the law while residing in the United States. He made public on his MySpace page three years ago that he'd been jailed for driving under the influence, and Arizona public records indicate that he was convicted multiple times for driving while intoxicated.

Judging by his conversations with us, Harroun doesn't appear to strictly follow the tenets of his faith. While observant Muslims tend to shun alcohol, Harroun appears to enjoy drinking. A lot.

Alcohol and women came up in the majority of our conversations with Harroun. He stated openly that he drinks beer. While talking to us from what he said was a disco in Turkey, Harroun wrote he was "trying to bang some Turkish girl right now lol." He then referenced the eighth-century Abbasid ruler Harroun al-Rashid, explaining that he was "a Caliph of Baghdad and a womanizer." On another occasion he lauded the pleasures of Istanbul as "good beer and nice women."

Harroun said he was "content" with his religious observance as a Muslim. Asked if his Syrian rebel comrades know that he drinks, he answered that they did and that their reaction was "haram haram [forbidden] blah blah."
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Nothing to see here.

QuoteHis father, Darryl Harroun, told FoxNews.com that his son was discharged from the Army after he was seriously injured while riding in a pickup truck that hit a tree. He was left with full disability pay and a steel plate in his head, according to his father.

"Now he has mood swings and what-not," said Darryl Harroun, who lives in Arizona and talks to his son by phone frequently.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
All-Star Parenting Alert: Lost at Sea...

QuotePHOENIX—A Northern Arizona family that was lost at sea for weeks in an ill-fated attempt to leave the U.S. over what they consider government interference in religion will fly back home Sunday.

Hannah Gastonguay, 26, said Saturday that she and her husband "decided to take a leap of faith and see where God led us" when they took their two small children and her father-in-law and set sail from San Diego for the tiny island nation of Kiribati in May.

She said they wanted to go to Kiribati because "we didn't want to go anywhere big." She said they understood the island to be "one of the least developed countries in the world."

Kiribati is a group of islands just off the equator and the international date line about halfway between Hawaii and Australia. The total population is just over 100,000 people of primarily Micronesian descent.

Hannah Gastonguay said her family was fed up with government control in the U.S. As Christians they don't believe in "abortion, homosexuality, in the state-controlled church," she said.

U.S. "churches aren't their own," Gastonguay said, suggesting that government regulation interfered with religious independence.

Among other differences, she said they had a problem with being "forced to pay these taxes that pay for abortions we don't agree with."

The Gastonguays weren't members of any church, and Hannah Gastonguay said their faith came from reading the Bible and through prayer.

"The Bible is pretty clear," she said.

If there's a single pair of words I'd pick to describe the point of view of the 66 or 73 or 76 or 78 books of the Bible on any given modern day controversy, it would be "pretty clear".

QuoteThey had been on the ocean for about two months and were low on supplies. They were out of food and were down to "some juice and some honey." She said they were able to catch fish, but they didn't see any boats.

Still, we "didn't feel like we were going to die or anything. We believed God would see us through," she said.

And God answered with a boatload of godless Venezuelans and the long arm of the American tax-payer.

QuoteHannah Gastonguay said the family will now "go back to Arizona" and "come up with a new plan."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2_cJxYYhM
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 12, 2013, 12:12:51 AM

QuotePHOENIX—A Northern Arizona family that was lost at sea for weeks in an ill-fated attempt to leave the U.S. over what they consider government interference in religion will fly back home Sunday.

Hannah Gastonguay, 26, said Saturday that she and her husband "decided to take a leap of faith and see where God led us" when they took their two small children and her father-in-law and set sail from San Diego for the tiny island nation of Kiribati in May.

She said they wanted to go to Kiribati because "we didn't want to go anywhere big." She said they understood the island to be "one of the least developed countries in the world."

Kiribati is a group of islands just off the equator and the international date line about halfway between Hawaii and Australia. The total population is just over 100,000 people of primarily Micronesian descent.

QuoteHannah Gastonguay said the family will now "go back to Arizona" and "come up with a new plan."

I'd say part of the plan should include being smarter about point of departure.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on August 12, 2013, 03:47:54 AM

I'd say part of the plan should include being smarter about point of departure.

That's rich. Fork commenting on someone's intelligence when he couldn't even quote the original post correctly

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on August 12, 2013, 07:24:05 AM

That's rich. Fork commenting on someone's intelligence when he couldn't even quote the original post correctly

I was on a conference call at 4AM. That's the best you get.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on August 12, 2013, 08:39:08 AM
Quote from: Yeti on August 12, 2013, 07:24:05 AM

I was on a conference call at 4AM. That's the best you get.

Yes.  Yes, it is.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

If they really wanted somewhere small and undeveloped, they should have stayed in Ash Fork, AZ.  

Population: 457.

Fucking morons.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on August 15, 2013, 10:49:32 AM

If they really wanted somewhere small and undeveloped, they should have stayed in Ash Fork, AZ. 

Fucking morons.

Quotes are hard

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on August 16, 2013, 08:06:40 AM

Fucking morons.

Quotes are hard

(||)
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 16, 2013, 08:39:44 AM
Quote from: Yeti on August 16, 2013, 08:06:40 AM

Fucking morons.

Quotes are hard

(||)

I LOLed.  Like, really loudly.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.