News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012 Chicago Cubs  ( 86,422 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2012 Chicago Cubs
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2012, 07:51:16 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 29, 2012, 05:28:28 PM
Let's ignore the fact that this unicycle pedalling paragon to Northside asshattery has managed to pitch the Cubs out of the playoffs in two seperate seasons ...

Apparently you're counting his one scoreless mop-up inning in 2007 as pitching the Cubs out of the playoffs?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2012, 08:35:32 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 29, 2012, 04:57:04 PM
Quote from: Slaky on March 29, 2012, 04:09:28 PM
Seems like everyone hates Dempster but I actually don't.

He likes to do impressions and that outweighs being an outstanding starter for 3 of the last 4 years. It's simple math.

Good point.  Let's ignore the fact that this unicycle pedalling paragon to Northside asshattery has managed to pitch the Cubs out of the playoffs in two seperate seasons because he's had a whopping three  really good regular seasons.

Yay?  

*rolls eyes*

Fuck him.

No, fuck you, spudslut.
I'm with Eli and Slaky here

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2012, 09:49:31 PM »
You statfags will never take my hate away from me.

Fuck Dempster on principle.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2012, 10:26:41 PM »

He likes to do impressions and that outweighs being an outstanding starter for 3 of the last 4 years. It's simple math.

Good point.  Let's ignore the fact that this unicycle pedalling paragon to Northside asshattery has managed to pitch the Cubs out of the playoffs in two seperate seasons because he's had a whopping three  really good regular seasons.

Yay?  

*rolls eyes*

Fuck him.

When was the second time he pitched the Cubs out of the playoffs?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2012, 04:39:31 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 29, 2012, 10:26:41 PM

Yay?  

*rolls eyes*

Fuck him.

Right after the first time
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 05:02:16 AM »
I've got a strong distaste for Darwin Barney already. If he continues to be a bitch hitter all season with his empty .290 batting average I'll continue hating his guts.

If Samardzija stumbles he'll be a real easy target.

THI.  Barney sucks and the minute he starts getting all Theriot about it he's going to get both barrels from me.

In addition to not having a particular problem with Dempster, though, I'm not nearly as down on Samardzija as most, either.  What can I tell you?  I guess I'm just a warm-hearted kind of bloke.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2012, 07:50:26 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 29, 2012, 10:26:41 PM

Yay?  

*rolls eyes*

Fuck him.

Well, 2008 was actually the second time.

Warning: Clicking on these links could traumatize sensitive Desipiots. Please use discretion.

Remember this?

Make it stop!

QuoteBack to the Cubs, you can spend today making a lovely LaTroy la-effigy. The Victor Diaz homer on Saturday is the ultimate "Oh s@#$" moment of the 2004 season (we hopeā€“let's not top it). What made the whole thing absurd is that Ryan Dempster had to walk two bums just to get LaTroy into the game. Hawkins was pitching for the sixth time in seven days and you knew something bad was going to happen. Then, Diaz hit it and didn't think he hit it out. That's even more fun.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2012, 08:17:31 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 30, 2012, 07:50:26 AM

I admit I had blocked the Diaz home run from my brain entirely.

That said, I still don't have a problem with Dempster, either as a pitcher or a hacky amateur comedian.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2012, 08:49:49 AM »
Thanks, TJ.

And Victor Diaz is directly on LaFirestarter's head, though Dempster gets an assist.  But no--the names to recall if you're looking to chronicle Dempstar's FAIL-riddled career is not Victor Diaz so much as Eric Valent and Jason Phillips.

Eric Valent and Jason Phillips.

And then we let this shitbird back into our good graces and he pitches well in 2008, only to repeat the offense in the LDS.  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, then fuck Ryan Dempster sideways with a CFL goalpost.

(And let's not even get started on last year's Opening Day.  You guys are awfully forgiving of such big-game munsonry)

Quote from: Eli on March 30, 2012, 08:17:31 AM

WELL I'M HERE TO REMIND YOU.

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2012, 08:50:03 AM »

That said, I still don't have a problem with Dempster, either as a pitcher or a hacky amateur comedian.

If he weren't so overpaid, he'd have been eminently tradeable during the past two seasons when the Cubs needed to move people and bring back talent. But no. Every fifth day, that cock gobbler was still fucking here. Plus he's 10 & 5 and though I don't know him personally I'd bet my car that he'd block a trade because he loves it here.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2012, 08:51:39 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 30, 2012, 08:49:49 AM
Thanks, TJ.

And Victor Diaz is directly on LaFirestarter's head, though Dempster gets an assist.  But no--the names to recall if you're looking to chronicle Dempstar's FAIL-riddled career is not Victor Diaz so much as Eric Valent and Jason Phillips.

And then we let this shitbird back into our good graces and he pitches well in 2008, only to repeat the offense in the LDS.  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, then fuck Ryan Dempster sideways with a CFL goalpost.

(And let's not even get started on last year's Opening Day.  You guys are awfully forgiving of such big-game munsonry)

After last year's Opening Day Debacle, I just knew the Cubs were headed for a rough season.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2012, 08:54:22 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 30, 2012, 08:50:03 AM

If he weren't so overpaid, he'd have been eminently tradeable during the past two seasons when the Cubs needed to move people and bring back talent. But no. Every fifth day, that cock gobbler was still fucking here. Plus he's 10 & 5 and though I don't know him personally I'd bet my car that he'd block a trade because he loves it here.

That's sort of the ticket, actually.  I mean I can't begrudge a guy who loves living and working in this town, but for chrissakes throw the goddamn ball over the plate when we really need you to.  Pretty fucking please?  And if he won't, can he at least just leave town and relieve us of our suffering (Except for Eli, Slaky, Yeti and Tonker, who are totally gay for Dempster)?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2012, 08:57:12 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 30, 2012, 08:51:39 AM
Thanks, TJ.

After last year's Opening Day Debacle, I just knew the Cubs were headed for a rough season.

Really, my point is that Opening Day--though as meaningless as the other 161 games in a 95 loss season-- is still considered a "Big Game" and that motherfucker did the exact same thing he did against the Dodgers four years earlier.  Jesus--where' the hate?!?!

Seriously, not that it matters--but why isn't Garza pitching the Opener anyway?  Pretty sure by every pitching metric he's better. This will probably be like the only game I ened up going to all year and I have to watch this hapless clown again?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2012, 08:59:43 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 30, 2012, 08:57:12 AM
Thanks, TJ.

Really, my point is that Opening Day--though as meaningless as the other 161 games in a 95 loss season-- is still considered a "Big Game" and that motherfucker did the exact same thing he did against the Dodgers four years earlier.  Jesus--where' the hate?!?!

Seriously, not that it matters--but why isn't Garza pitching the Opener anyway?  Pretty sure by every pitching metric he's better. This will probably be like the only game I ened up going to all year and I have to watch this hapless clown again?

He also sort of looks like Murton. In the hair area. But after reading Huey's latest rant, I hope he pitches a shutout just so Mikey has to sit there and eat a Nacho Helmet full of FYH's in the cold, dreary slop. Then I hope he gets traded immediately after. And cries.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2012, 09:01:55 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 30, 2012, 08:59:43 AM
Quote from: PANK! on March 30, 2012, 08:57:12 AM
Thanks, TJ.

He also sort of looks like Murton. In the hair area. But after reading Huey's latest rant, I hope he pitches a shutout just so Mikey has to sit there and eat a Nacho Helmet full of FYH's in the cold, dreary slop. Then I hope he gets traded immediately after. And cries.

I don't really have much trade value, but if you ship me to BCB I'm retiring.