News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Newsroom  ( 5,274 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Newsroom
« on: April 02, 2012, 02:23:31 PM »
Thi.

Quotethese two minutes of The Newsroom seem to repeat a lot of the preachy, self-important elements I could never stand in The West Wing and Studio 60. Which may also be the things you loved about those shows.

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/04/02/youre-sorkin-in-it-hbos-newsroom-trailer-looks-pretty-familiar/#ixzz1que90o00

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Newsroom
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 03:10:25 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 02, 2012, 02:23:31 PM
Thi.

Quotethese two minutes of The Newsroom seem to repeat a lot of the preachy, self-important elements I could never stand in The West Wing and Studio 60. Which may also be the things you loved about those shows.

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/04/02/youre-sorkin-in-it-hbos-newsroom-trailer-looks-pretty-familiar/#ixzz1que90o00

Sorkin fans will love it and everyone else will hate it.

I hated Studio 60 so I have to believe that this show is going to suck hang.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 01:57:15 PM »
Intrepid Reader: Gil Gunderson

QuoteThe Newsroom on HBO looks interesting.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 08:51:04 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 02, 2012, 03:10:25 PM
Quote from: R-V on April 02, 2012, 02:23:31 PM
Thi.

Sorkin fans will love it and everyone else will hate it.

I hated Studio 60 so I have to believe that this show is going to suck hang.

Sounds like significant hang will be sucked. I'll end up watching it anyway.

QuoteYou may argue that you could make many of the same arguments—about the sanctimony, the deck-stacking, the too-perfect stylized dialogue, &c.—against The West Wing. I agree, and I made them when The West Wing was on. But I also included The West Wing in my list of the 100 All-TIME TV Shows, because it also gave us rich characters, a sense of proportionality and an infectious feeling of romance with the country and the people who want to make it better. The Newsroom, after four exhausting, smug episodes, gives us none of that: just Aaron Sorkin writing one argument after another for himself to win.

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/06/21/dead-tree-alert-blowhardball-the-not-so-special-comment-of-hbos-the-newsroom/

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 07:59:29 AM »

Aaron Sorkin got paid so people could watch him masturbate, and he didn't even play baseball with TDubbs.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 11:57:05 AM »
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 08:34:24 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 26, 2012, 07:59:29 AM

Aaron Sorkin got paid so people could watch him masturbate, and he didn't even play baseball with TDubbs.

Agreed.  Nonetheless, the opening rant directed at the soroity girl was very good, worth watching twice which we did because we had on dvr.  But they stooped to some really dumb attempts at phsical humor that were pointless.  Someone so nasty and socially inept as Daniel's character would not command anyone's respect, let alone their loyalty.  Putting together an expose of the oil spill in the Gulf based upon what someone's sister or colege roommate told him and simultaneously putting it on the air live is just asking too much of my ability to susend disbelief.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 11:16:59 PM »
So how much hang down does it suck and does it make me gay if I try to find out? These answers and more on HBO.go!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 09:53:33 AM »
Saw 2/3 of ep. 1 last night. So far, I'd say it sucks a circumstantial amount of hang down. Way too much SCREAMING and contrived, stilted dialogue. Exactly what you'd expect. Sam Watterson is awesome.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 10:17:30 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 27, 2012, 09:53:33 AM
Saw 2/3 of ep. 1 last night. So far, I'd say it sucks a circumstantial amount of hang down. Way too much SCREAMING and contrived, stilted dialogue. Exactly what you'd expect. Sam Watterstink is awesometerrible.

You were so close until that last sentence.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 10:24:19 AM »
Quote from: CT III on June 27, 2012, 10:17:30 AM
Saw 2/3 of ep. 1 last night. So far, I'd say it sucks a circumstantial amount of hang down. Way too much SCREAMING and contrived, stilted dialogue. Exactly what you'd expect. Sam Watterstink is awesometerrible.

Intrepid Reader: Gil Gunderbore, Esq.

You bite your tongue. THAT MAN IS A SAINT!

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 12:27:45 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 27, 2012, 10:24:19 AM
Quote from: CT III on June 27, 2012, 10:17:30 AM

Intrepid Reader: Gil Gunderbore, Esq.

You bite your tongue. THAT MAN IS A SAINT!

Apparently the first Jewish saint since Peter.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »
I'm a taxolib these days, but is Sorkin just going to continually rip on prior shot Republicans did. I watch Jon Stewart for that

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 12:43:51 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on August 01, 2012, 11:46:10 AM
I'm a taxolib these days, but is Sorkin just going to continually rip on prior shot Republicans did. I watch Jon Stewart for that

You spelled "thit" wrong.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 01:01:32 PM »
I watched half of the pilot and forgot to give a shit about this show. What did I miss?