News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Reasonable Trade Discussion  ( 77,130 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Reasonable Trade Discussion
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2015, 09:39:18 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 16, 2015, 08:41:19 PM
Quote from: Oleg on May 16, 2015, 08:24:44 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 16, 2015, 08:10:52 PM

I don't hate this but I think the rotation is a bigger concern than the pen. Ramirez should be back in June and I think the pen will sort itself out to an extent.  I'd rather try your proposed Kazmir trade.  What do you think that costs?

Russell and McKinney? OK...probably not.

I bet The As would love Vogelbach.

We could give them Gleyber.  Seems only fair.

Why?  I've already traded Vogelbach and Hendricks for Kazmir and Doolitle, assuming he's healthy.  We're good.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2015, 07:23:07 PM »
Poor Welington Castillo. Guy just can't catch a break this season. He's been dealt again, this time to the Diamondbacks, who suck, and now his boss is Tony La Russa. He's been included as part of the package for Mark Trumbo.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2015, 07:54:29 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 03, 2015, 07:23:07 PM
Poor Welington Castillo. Guy just can't catch a break this season. He's been dealt again, this time to the Diamondbacks, who suck, and now his boss is Tony La Russa. He's been included as part of the package for Mark Trumbo.

Which makes one wonder why he wasn't just part of the Montero trade in the first place.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on June 04, 2015, 07:54:29 AM

Which makes one wonder why he wasn't just part of the Montero trade in the first place.

Because The DBags didn't lose one of their catchers to an ACL tear until this week?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2015, 11:04:29 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 04, 2015, 10:59:00 AM

Because The DBags didn't lose one of their catchers to an ACL tear until this week?

Which makes one wonder why The Genius didn't anticipate that happening six months in advance.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2015, 02:28:01 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 04, 2015, 11:04:29 AM
Quote from: Oleg on June 04, 2015, 10:59:00 AM

Which makes one wonder why The Genius didn't anticipate that happening six months in advance.

Yeah, that's true, he's used to having contingency plans more for dead pitchers.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2015, 02:16:29 PM »
Ruben Amaro supposedly asked the Mariners for Taijuan Walker or James Paxton in return for fucking Ben Revere so I'm gonna go ahead and say I don't want the Cubs to meet their demands on Papelbon or Hamels.

What a fucking moron.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2015, 02:23:22 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 11, 2015, 02:16:29 PM
Ruben Amaro supposedly asked the Mariners for Taijuan Walker or James Paxton in return for fucking Ben Revere so I'm gonna go ahead and say I don't want the Cubs to meet their demands on Papelbon or Hamels.

What a fucking moron.

I mean, it'd be a steal for Ruben if he got it, so......

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2015, 02:27:02 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 11, 2015, 02:23:22 PM

What a fucking moron.

I mean you can't blame a guy for aiming high, but based on the Hamels rumors and everything else it appears he's just that guy in your fantasty football league that offers you three guys off his bench for Marshawn Lynch and gets pissy when you turn down his +2 trade.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2015, 05:27:28 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 11, 2015, 02:27:02 PM

What a fucking moron.

I mean you can't blame a guy for aiming high, but based on the Hamels rumors and everything else it appears he's just that guy in your fantasty football league that offers you three guys off his bench for Marshawn Lynch and gets pissy when you turn down his +2 trade.

Quote from: Ken Rosenthal on Facebook
‪#‎Phillies‬ GM Ruben Amaro Jr. on whether he asked for Walker or Paxton when ‪#‎Mariners‬ inquired on Revere, as @TNT_Mariners reported:
"Typically we would not comment on rumors. But when they reach this level of ridiculousness, I can say unequivocally that what has been written is false."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2015, 06:24:05 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 11, 2015, 05:27:28 PM
Quote from: SKO on June 11, 2015, 02:27:02 PM

What a fucking moron.

Quote from: Ken Rosenthal on Facebook
‪#‎Phillies‬ GM Ruben Amaro Jr. on whether he asked for Walker or Paxton when ‪#‎Mariners‬ inquired on Revere, as @TNT_Mariners reported:
“Typically we would not comment on rumors. But when they reach this level of ridiculousness, I can say unequivocally that what has been written is false.”

"I simply cannot allow such a malicious and harmful rumor, that I asked for Walker or Paxton, to fester. I clearly and distinctly asked for Walker AND Paxton."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2015, 04:07:50 AM »
Cole Hamels was filthy against the Pirates. I want him on the Cubs badly and Papelbon can come too.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2015, 04:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 17, 2015, 04:07:50 AM
Cole Hamels was filthy against the Pirates. I want him on the Cubs badly and Papelbon can come too.

I'm sort of cross posting this, but help might be on the way.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2015, 01:03:06 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 17, 2015, 04:29:00 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 17, 2015, 04:07:50 AM

I'm sort of cross posting this, but help might be on the way.

Phillies have announced Cole will miss a start due to a mild hamstring strain. Quick, strike now! Get a discount!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2015, 12:27:21 PM »
Holy shit Dave Stewart is sounding stupid defending the Toussaint trade (instead of just being honest and saying he was willing to give up a first round pick to save $10 million, shortly after signing a $1.5 billion TV deal).

The truth is we did not know what Touki's value would be if we shopped him. There is a lot of speculation on that. People are assuming it would have been better, but we don't know.

"We have no idea what the value of this shiny rock we paid $3 million for might be. But we didn't want to get it appraised or ask for offers. We just took the first shitty utility infielder we could find. Frankly, the less we know about our assets, the better."