News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Reasonable Trade Discussion  ( 77,329 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Reasonable Trade Discussion
« Reply #390 on: July 31, 2015, 10:24:39 AM »
McStiff eats ass.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: July 31, 2015, 12:34:38 PM »
Dan Haren!

Honestly okay with this move if it's all it is. Not sexy in the slightest, and that ERA/FIP gap isn't comforting, but he's better than what they've got in that 5th spot and honestly I'm fine with not outbidding whoever for Tyson Ross. Would like to see them deal some other guys from the prospect pot (Villanueva, etc.) for a reliever and a bench bat, still.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: July 31, 2015, 12:38:22 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 31, 2015, 12:34:38 PM
Dan Haren!

Honestly okay with this move if it's all it is. Not sexy in the slightest, and that ERA/FIP gap isn't comforting, but he's better than what they've got in that 5th spot and honestly I'm fine with not outbidding whoever for Tyson Ross. Would like to see them deal some other guys from the prospect pot (Villanueva, etc.) for a reliever and a bench bat, still.

Yeah, this is pretty meh, but he's probably better than Daltonyoshi Wadchardler. Hope he isn't costing anyone who matters.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: July 31, 2015, 12:39:15 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 31, 2015, 12:38:22 PM
Quote from: SKO on July 31, 2015, 12:34:38 PM
Dan Haren!

Yeah, this is pretty meh, but he's probably better than Daltonyoshi Wadchardler. Hope he isn't costing anyone who matters.

I would be shocked as hell if he is.

UPDATE: SS Elliott Soto and Ivan Pineyro. So nobody who matters.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #394 on: July 31, 2015, 01:13:43 PM »
MLB Network just speculated that Haren could be flipped to San Diego.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: July 31, 2015, 01:15:19 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 31, 2015, 01:13:43 PM

Damn it, I already told all of you it's going to be Hendricks.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: July 31, 2015, 01:24:32 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 31, 2015, 01:15:19 PM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 31, 2015, 01:13:43 PM

Damn it, I already told all of you it's going to be Hendricks.

Yeah no way Haren is a trade chip to a non-contender. Likely he's the 5th starter while Hendricks is flipped since he's the only young, cost-controlled pitching trade chip they have.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #397 on: July 31, 2015, 03:12:20 PM »
Cubs are done dealing -- Haren and Tommy Hunter. It's not nothing, but it's about as blah as anyone could ever imagine.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #398 on: July 31, 2015, 03:14:55 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 31, 2015, 03:12:20 PM
Cubs are done dealing -- Haren and Tommy Hunter. It's not nothing, but it's about as blah as anyone could ever imagine.

Better than Ian Kennedy. Have to see this winter whether they try another push for a cost controlled starting pitcher of if they really do make a run at Price. Either way, feel like this is a better ballclub without that awful fifth starter juggling act, another non-dead arm in the bullpen, and presumably the return of Javy and La Stella and maybe Olt. Not to mention the fact that Rizzo and Fowler look to be hitting again, which probably makes as big a difference as anything.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #399 on: July 31, 2015, 03:26:22 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 31, 2015, 03:14:55 PM

Better than Ian Kennedy. Have to see this winter whether they try another push for a cost controlled starting pitcher of if they really do make a run at Price. Either way, feel like this is a better ballclub without that awful fifth starter juggling act, another non-dead arm in the bullpen, and presumably the return of Javy and La Stella and maybe Olt. Not to mention the fact that Rizzo and Fowler look to be hitting again, which probably makes as big a difference as anything.

They'd better make a difference, since offense has been their biggest need. Keeping the prospect powder dry for next year, maybe the kids will turn it on down the stretch. I'm ok with it but was hoping for a controllable starter like Ross and valuable bullpen help.

And here's hoping Castro hits like a mofo the rest of the year so they can get something nice for him in the offseason.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: July 31, 2015, 03:35:31 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 31, 2015, 03:26:22 PM
Quote from: SKO on July 31, 2015, 03:14:55 PM

They'd better make a difference, since offense has been their biggest need. Keeping the prospect powder dry for next year, maybe the kids will turn it on down the stretch. I'm ok with it but was hoping for a controllable starter like Ross and valuable bullpen help.

And here's hoping Castro hits like a mofo the rest of the year so they can get something nice for him in the offseason.

Gonna be hard for him to do that when he's benched for the Javy Dong PartyTM

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: October 21, 2015, 12:09:47 AM »
Can we convince the Mets they're playing the Cardinals, that way they'll still want to give us a pitcher for Starlin Castro as part of the Most Rumored Trade Ever?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: October 21, 2015, 08:27:48 AM »

Everybody for anybody.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: November 20, 2015, 09:58:59 AM »

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club