News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread  ( 68,358 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 16, 2013, 12:23:29 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 16, 2013, 10:41:23 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 16, 2013, 10:33:24 AM
Considering the title of this thread, I think we can call this season a success.

It may have been fun (at times) but it was very unproductive.

I think that Rose's absence for the entire season means that they accomplished very little in terms of building their team toward a championship. You still don't know what he's going to be and you're further from title contention than you were when he went down. Deng and Noah ran their odometers up and there is no lottery pick eminent.

Yes, Jimmy Butler has emerged as a serviceable NBA two-guard. Boozer can finally be amnesty'd. I think they have some other contracts coming off as well and we'll just have to see what pieces they can sign to surround something resembling Derrick Rose next year. It's a clusterfuck. You have a coach though.

You really know nothing about basketball, right?

It's really eminent how little basketball knowledge he has.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on May 16, 2013, 01:32:01 PM
Considering the title of this thread, I think we can call this season a success.

I think that Rose's absence for the entire season means that they accomplished very little in terms of building their team toward a championship. You still don't know what he's going to be and you're further from title contention than you were when he went down. Deng and Noah ran their odometers up and there is no lottery pick eminent.

Yes, Jimmy Butler has emerged as a serviceable NBA two-guard. Boozer can finally be amnesty'd. I think they have some other contracts coming off as well and we'll just have to see what pieces they can sign to surround something resembling Derrick Rose next year. It's a clusterfuck. You have a coach though.

It's imminent, innit?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 16, 2013, 01:50:11 PM
Quote from: Eli on May 16, 2013, 01:32:01 PM

It's imminent, innit?

Butthurt is immanent in Internet Apex.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Check out this whiny turd: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-0517-mayor-letter-bulls-chicago-20130517,0,7505202.story

DERRICK ROSE OWES ME STUFF CUZ I ATE HIS PIZZA. What the fuck. Grow up.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on May 16, 2013, 11:07:57 PM
Check out this whiny turd: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-0517-mayor-letter-bulls-chicago-20130517,0,7505202.story

DERRICK ROSE OWES ME STUFF CUZ I ATE HIS PIZZA. What the fuck. Grow up.

I'm not a digital member so I couldn't read it.  No wonder I don't know shit about the sports.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Rotoworld's mock draft today has the Bulls taking Senegal-born Louisville center Gorgui Dieng at the 20th pick.

Initial Scouting Report:

According to ESPN's Chad Ford, "just about everyone" sees Louisville C Gorgui Dieng as an immediate NBA contributor. Dieng is not going to be an NBA star thanks to his offensive limitations. But he is going to continue to rise on draft boards thanks to his 6'11/235 frame and unique passing skills. Dieng averaged 9.8 points, 9.4 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and 2.0 assists during Louisville's championship season.

The Bulls are set at most positions, especially after the strong play of wingman Jimmy Butler this season. But they could use some depth in the paint and Dieng might end up being a nice insurance policy for Joakim Noah's chronically bad feet. Dieng's stock rose during the NCAA Tournament and he should be a very good NBA defender, which will make him a hit with Tom Thibodeau. And his offensive skills have potential given his ability to knock down the mid-range jumper, and he looks like a nice fit in Chicago. 

SBNation (whatever that is) has a mock up that shows the predictions of a number of different sites.

One guy is picking (Tonker-head-explode-Alert) Kentavious Caldwell-Pope to the Bulls, who some have as high as 10, but Dieng was the only guy that more than one site picked.

Dieng? Deng?
DANG, y'all.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on May 22, 2013, 05:52:59 PM
Rotoworld's mock draft today has the Bulls taking Senegal-born Louisville center Gorgui Dieng at the 20th pick.

Initial Scouting Report:

According to ESPN's Chad Ford, "just about everyone" sees Louisville C Gorgui Dieng as an immediate NBA contributor. Dieng is not going to be an NBA star thanks to his offensive limitations. But he is going to continue to rise on draft boards thanks to his 6'11/235 frame and unique passing skills. Dieng averaged 9.8 points, 9.4 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and 2.0 assists during Louisville's championship season.

The Bulls are set at most positions, especially after the strong play of wingman Jimmy Butler this season. But they could use some depth in the paint and Dieng might end up being a nice insurance policy for Joakim Noah's chronically bad feet. Dieng's stock rose during the NCAA Tournament and he should be a very good NBA defender, which will make him a hit with Tom Thibodeau. And his offensive skills have potential given his ability to knock down the mid-range jumper, and he looks like a nice fit in Chicago. 

SBNation (whatever that is) has a mock up that shows the predictions of a number of different sites.

One guy is picking (Tonker-head-explode-Alert) Kentavious Caldwell-Pope to the Bulls, who some have as high as 10, but Dieng was the only guy that more than one site picked.

Dieng? Deng?
DANG, y'all.

I hope the bulls draft a guy that can create his own shot and score, so I guess Caldwell-Pope?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Initial Scouting Report:

Dieng? Deng?
DANG, y'all.

What is SBNation? I'm so cool I have literally never heard of it.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on May 23, 2013, 09:21:15 AM

Initial Scouting Report:

Dieng? Deng?
DANG, y'all.

What is SBNation? I'm so cool I have literally never heard of it.

White people, amiright?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
That block LeBron had last night was fucking epic.  What a waste of a talent that he has to pull bullshit like this:  http://deadspin.com/lebron-flop-510222176

Only a fake black fan like apex can appreciate such garbage b/c he doesn't really care in the end.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 29, 2013, 10:36:24 AM
That block LeBron had last night was fucking epic.  What a waste of a talent that he has to pull bullshit like this:  http://deadspin.com/lebron-flop-510222176

Only a fake black fan like apex can appreciate such garbage b/c he doesn't really care in the end.

The Pacers were flopping all over the court too and Reggie Miller declared himself one of the all-time greats at it during the broadcast. So, no. I don't really care in the end.

Also, do you not see David West flopping at the exact same time?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I don't really understand why people are so annoyed at players trying to draw calls. It's a contest and getting calls is a huge part of it. It's never going to go away in any sport.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on May 29, 2013, 11:01:02 AM
I don't really understand why people are so annoyed at players trying to draw calls. It's a contest and getting calls is a huge part of it. It's never going to go away in any sport.

I guess because the Heat have a better record than everybody else they should be held to a higher standard or something while everybody else all around them cheats their asses off. Fuck if I know.