News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bearbonnais 2012: Emstink is Wonderful.  ( 19,598 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bearbonnais 2012: Emstink is Wonderful.
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 09:09:10 AM »
So as it turns out, Brian Urlacher's injury is worse than all of us thought. I know, for fact, that if he was healthy, he'd be out there practicing and getting ready for Thursday's preseason opener. It's not in his character to not practice so it's certain, that he's hurt.

This is just another reason to blame Lovie Smith for these problems. I can understand why Urlacher wanted to play the last game of the season last year but if Lovie had a brain, he would have thought long term with him. Sit him out in a meaningless game. Before the idiots come out and say "The preseason is meaningless", I would say it's not. Players may find at least some of the games to be useful to see live play against other teams and to try to get into form.

As in years past, the Bears suck without Urlacher playing. There isn't much depth at the position and this goes back to once again, Jerry Angelo for not being able to draft a decent linebacker other than Briggs. All of the other picks at the position have sucked immensely.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 09:14:18 AM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on August 09, 2012, 09:09:10 AM
So as it turns out, Brian Urlacher's injury is worse than all of us thought. I know, for fact, that if he was healthy, he'd be out there practicing and getting ready for Thursday's preseason opener. It's not in his character to not practice so it's certain, that he's hurt.

This is just another reason to blame Lovie Smith for these problems. I can understand why Urlacher wanted to play the last game of the season last year but if Lovie had a brain, he would have thought long term with him. Sit him out in a meaningless game. Before the idiots come out and say "The preseason is meaningless", I would say it's not. Players may find at least some of the games to be useful to see live play against other teams and to try to get into form.

As in years past, the Bears suck without Urlacher playing. There isn't much depth at the position and this goes back to once again, Jerry Angelo for not being able to draft a decent linebacker other than Briggs. All of the other picks at the position have sucked immensely.

Source? 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 09, 2012, 09:14:18 AM

Source? 

Yeti played high school football so he knows Urlacher's character. He must really be upset about this because his post is riddled with even more grammatical errors, than usual.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2012, 09:21:41 AM »
Quote from: R-V on August 09, 2012, 09:18:00 AM
Quote from: PANK! on August 09, 2012, 09:14:18 AM

Source? 

Yeti played high school football so he knows Urlacher's character. He must really be upset about this because his post is riddled with even more grammatical errors, than usual.

It's almost like he's trying too hard to be a meatball here.  Blaming  a GM who's no longer here?  Didn't CFiHP do that yesterday with Hendry?

Yeti--your performance reeks of effort, man.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2012, 09:23:15 AM »
I'd like to add that the only thing that bothers me about the Urlacher injury is that it happened in the only game they won down the stretch, and the only one for which it didn't matter.  Fucking Marion Hanie.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 09:33:58 AM »

Nice Froll.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2012, 09:36:17 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 09, 2012, 09:33:58 AM

Nice Froll.

Dammit.  I've done been frolled.

Irish (Fuck You) Yeti.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 09, 2012, 09:36:17 AM

Nice Froll.

Irish (Fuck You) Yeti.

That's another reason why I hate Lovies goddamned cryptic bullshit. "Personal Issues"? Fuck you Lovie, you stupid goddamned bastard. I'll be so fucking happy when they show your ugly ass out the goddamned door!

Preseason games ARE meaningless, if you are looking only at standings. But the workouts, practices, drills, and many other things that are a part of the preseason ARE important. Which make your comments spot on Fro. Anybody arguing with that is a fucking moron.

Yeti should be around anytime now.

Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2012, 09:52:02 AM »

Nice Froll.

Irish (Fuck You) Yeti.

Damn, I got zapped too.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2012, 09:53:05 AM »

Nice Froll.

Irish (Fuck You) Yeti (Fuck you).

Get it right'd
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »
Yep. Brian Urlacher definitely needs all of those practice reps to get him up to speed on a defense he hasn't played in for 8 fucking years or anything. I realize that was a Froll, but I'm actually hearing this from people who would seem to have a brain. If Urlacher doesn't take the field against the Packers (he can take the Colts game to rest too, if he wants. They can use Roach at the middle and Hayes at SAM and get by), I will officially panic. Until then, get out of the way of my Bearsboner.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2012, 11:43:34 AM »
I was not Froll'd. Nor did I lol.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2012, 12:23:35 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 09, 2012, 11:40:05 AM
Yep. Brian Urlacher definitely needs all of those practice reps to get him up to speed on a defense he hasn't played in for 8 fucking years or anything. I realize that was a Froll, but I'm actually hearing this from people who would seem to have a brain. If Urlacher doesn't take the field against the Packers (he can take the Colts game to rest too, if he wants. They can use Roach at the middle and Hayes at SAM and get by), I will officially panic. Until then, get out of the way of my Bearsboner.

This.

Urlacher's also not getting any younger, so why not let him have an easier August so he might have a little more in the tank come December?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2012, 12:06:22 AM »
No Cutler, Forte, Peppers, or Urlacher, but Seamus McClellin and Alshon looked good. End of story.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2012, 12:30:21 AM »
Super Bears, Super Offense?  I know - preseason games are beyond meaningless.

For the record, I blame past presidents, GMs, girlfriends, and pets for the world's ills too. 
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!