News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Will Joe Paterno AND Penn State Football Both Die in 2012?  ( 19,460 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Will Joe Paterno AND Penn State Football Both Die in 2012?
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2012, 10:53:10 PM »
Quote from: Fork on July 24, 2012, 06:38:14 PM
At last, perspective.

Quote"I just can't put my arms around it, it's, to me, it was our 9/11 today. I just saw planes crashing into towers," said Tom Price.

Quote"It had nothing to do with the Sandusky scandal. They played hard, they worked hard for those victories and to take them away, we will always feel that he is the NCAA victory leader," said Sally Price.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2012, 04:38:48 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/national/ncaa/lawyer-sandusky-upset-over-penn-state-sanctions5893e5db5fee44d9b93c968bc00351d9-164662926.html

QuoteHARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) Jerry Sandusky is distraught over the NCAA penalties issued to Penn State's football program for the school's handling of his child sexual abuse scandal and maintains his innocence as he awaits sentencing, his defense lawyer said Wednesday.

Attorney Joe Amendola told The Associated Press in a phone interview that Sandusky told him that even if people believe he is guilty of the crimes for which he was convicted in June, it would be "ridiculous" to think Penn State administrators engaged in a cover-up.

"He said, 'To do what they're doing to Penn State is so unjust,'" Amendola said. "He loves the program and he loves the university."
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2012, 12:38:31 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 02, 2012, 04:38:48 PM

"He said, 'To do what they're doing to Penn State is so unjust,'" Amendola said. "He loves the program and he loves the university."
[/quote]

Does he know how old the university is?

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2012, 12:28:46 AM »
Four rogue trustees are actually challenging the NCAA's sanctions.  I hope the NCAA says "fuck you" and uses their challenge as a pretext to level the four-year death penalty they initially contemplated. 

http://espn.go.com/pdf/2012/0806/PSU_trustee_appeal.pdf

And the outstanding meme take on the appeal

Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2012, 08:55:45 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2012, 09:13:55 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 09, 2012, 08:55:45 AM
Oh, for fuck's sake.

I wonder how many of these asshats will look back at their behavior in the wake of these sanctions and just wish they had shut the hell up.  Again, the only victims here are young men whose youth was unfairly stolen from them by a rapey predator who was allowed to flourish thanks to the very same environment which currently allows people to comfortably and unashamedly engage in this staggering behavior--twisting this case around to make the school seem like the victim.  It is truly disgusting. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs