News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 364,078 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2013, 08:11:10 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 06, 2013, 06:42:37 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 06, 2013, 06:35:32 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 06, 2013, 06:18:27 PM
Kris Bryant is the pick.  I positive.  With Appel gone, I'm glad they took Bryant over Gray.  Bookmarking this so when Gray wins three straight Cy Youngs and Bryant retires next year I can relive the temporary positive.

TIME TO QUOTE!

Quote from: Fork on May 23, 2013, 08:57:05 AM
It's looking more like whichever of Appel or Gray the Astros don't take.

Quote from: Fork on June 05, 2013, 02:53:19 PM
So Appel. Or Gray. But definitely not Bryant.

Definitely not.

So I was wrong. On the bright side, if he can make the transition to wood bats, the Cubs have the potential to have a lineup in 5 years that will give every pitcher in baseball night sweats.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2013, 09:57:28 PM »
Next pick: Future lefty stud Rob Zastryznzyzznzy

QuoteThe latest in a long line of talented Missouri pitchers, Zastryzny has a good feel for the craft of pitching. His fastball typically sits in the upper-80s, but Zastryzny has the ability to add and subtract velocity as necessary. His fastball velocity typically ranges from 86 mph to 94 mph. Zastryzny, a left-hander, uses his height – he's listed at 6-foot-3 – to create a downhill angle for his fastball, which has late action. Zastryzny also throws a changeup and slider. He commands his whole arsenal well and all three of his pitches have the chance to be at least Major League-average offerings.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2013, 02:42:35 AM »
Kris Bryant is the pick.  I positive.  With Appel gone, I'm glad they took Bryant over Gray.  Bookmarking this so when Gray wins three straight Cy Youngs and Bryant retires next year I can relive the temporary positive.

I agree.  I think the Cubs might have gone with Gray right up until a couple of days ago when that adderall thing came out.  Yeah, in and of itself it's not really a huge deal but really - to do that right before the draft in which you're projected as possible no.1, and definite top 3 pick?  When you know that there's the possibility of a random drug test?  It shows a serious lack of judgment and speaks to the kid's character.

I'm quite happy with Bryant.  The lad can hit.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2013, 04:01:49 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 07, 2013, 02:42:35 AM

I agree.  I think the Cubs might have gone with Gray right up until a couple of days ago when that adderall thing came out.  Yeah, in and of itself it's not really a huge deal but really - to do that right before the draft in which you're projected as possible no.1, and definite top 3 pick?  When you know that there's the possibility of a random drug test?  It shows a serious lack of judgment and speaks to the kid's character.

I'm quite happy with Bryant.  The lad can hit.

I don't know what to make of the Muskrat's story on this pick.

QuoteCHICAGO -- The Cubs hope they found a power-hitting third baseman in San Diego's Kris Bryant, who's ready to insert himself into the middle of the lineup immediately.

QuoteThe Cubs plan to keep him at third base, where there's a need in the organization. The toughest part, besides signing Bryant, might be keeping him in the Minors. He's ready to play for the Cubs now.

Whatever she's smoking, I'd like some.

Edit: More from this article...

Uh-oh. Kris doesn't GET IT. Someone better warn Al.

Quote"I know they haven't won a World Series in a while," Bryant said. "Hopefully, I can do all I can to help the Cubs win one. That's about the extent of what I know. I know it's a great baseball city, I know it's a great team -- a lot of history to it. I'm excited and just happy I'm going to be given the opportunity to continue playing this game."

More of Muskrat's delusions:

QuoteThe Cubs had narrowed the candidates to a final four: Bryant, North Carolina third baseman Colin Moran, and pitchers Jonathan Gray of Oklahoma and Mark Appel of Stanford. They ultimately passed on the two big right-handers, but added a pitcher in the second round, taking Missouri left-hander Rob Zastryzny with the 41st overall pick.

It must be news to Theo that he "passed" on Mark Appel this year. WTF, Carrie?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2013, 09:33:25 AM »
Cut the shit - he's not really going to be playing in the majors this year, is he?

Or is he?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2013, 09:42:11 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 07, 2013, 09:33:25 AM
Cut the shit - he's not really going to be playing in the majors this year, is he?

Or is he?

No, he won't. He may only get in a handful of games in the minors this year by the time he signs and reports somewhere. Seems like the earliest might be a midseason call-up next year if he's doing well.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2013, 09:46:59 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 07, 2013, 09:42:11 AM

Or is he?

No, he won't. He may only get in a handful of games in the minors this year by the time he signs and reports somewhere. Seems like the earliest might be a midseason call-up next year if he's doing well.

A moment of silence for Josh Vitters.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2013, 09:54:57 AM »

Or is he?

Don't tell that to Gil.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2013, 11:08:13 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 07, 2013, 09:46:59 AM

Or is he?

A moment of silence for Josh Vitters the $30 or so Dolan invested in a Valbuena shersey.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2013, 11:22:01 AM »

Or is he?

If he can transition to a 4th/5th OF and have ability to spell at 3B/1B, there's still room for him.

2015 World Champion Cubs:
C: Castillo
1B: Rizzo
2B: Baez
SS: Castro (can flip-flop with Baez)
3B: Bryant
LF: Almora
CF: Jackson
RF: Soler

Bench:
Candelario
Alcantara
Vogelbach
Szczur
Vitters
Villanueva
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2013, 11:28:29 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 07, 2013, 11:22:01 AM

Or is he?

If he can transition to a 4th/5th OF and have ability to spell at 3B/1B, there's still room for him.

2B: Baez
SS: Castro (can flip-flop with Baez)
CF: Jackson

Bench:
Candelario
Alcantara
Vogelbach
Szczur
Vitters
Villanueva

What about future Mark DeRosa Super Sub White Guy Folk Hero Logan Watkins? That dude is gonna be a bench hero.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2013, 11:42:45 AM »
2B: Cano
SS: Baez or Castro
CF: [Pending]

Bench:
Candelario
Alcantara
Vogelbach
Szczur
Barney
Villanueva

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: June 07, 2013, 11:46:53 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 07, 2013, 11:42:45 AM
CF: Soriano

Bench:
Candelario
Alcantara
Vogelbach
Szczur
Barney
Villanueva

Because Theo trolling Chuck would be so much fun'd

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2013, 12:07:03 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 07, 2013, 11:46:53 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 07, 2013, 11:42:45 AM
CF: Soriano

Bench:
Candelario
Alcantara
Vogelbach
Szczur
Barney
Villanueva

Because Theo trolling Chuck would be so much fun'd

Who is Villanueva?

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured out, he's this guy.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=570799#gameType=%27S%27
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2013, 12:14:25 PM »
Pick 3: OF Jacob Hannemann, BYU.

Quote from: mlb.com
6'01" 195lbs DOB: 04/29/91
Hannemann is only a freshman, but don't let that fool you. The two-sport standout went on his Mormon mission before heading to college, making him 22 years old. Also a football player, Hannemann has some athletic tools to work with, even if they are a bit raw. The WCC Freshman of the Year hit well in his first taste of college ball, impressive considering he hadn't played in two years. He has the chance to hit and run well and could be a solid center field prospect for a team willing to be patient.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.