News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 363,592 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #1875 on: November 14, 2014, 09:26:39 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 14, 2014, 09:19:59 AM
Quote from: Slaky on November 14, 2014, 09:16:58 AM
What it comes down is there are multiple guys that you can say could be on the top 10 list. I don't recall ever giving a shit about anyone beyond the top 2-3.

Except for the days when Bobby Brownlie, Luke Hagerty, Chad Blasko and Andrew Sisco were going to MAKE IT RAIN.

Ahhh...what an awful fucking time in retrospect...

Was Sisco the one that had a good year out of the pen for a mediocre Royals team and led to a bunch of "Nice choice, Jim"?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1876 on: November 14, 2014, 09:28:02 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 14, 2014, 09:24:18 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 14, 2014, 09:13:03 AM
Even Sahedev had that comment that day on twitter (that I saw you take umbrage to) about fans "scouting the stat line".

And I still take umbrage -- umbrage, I say! -- to it.

It was a pretty irritating thing to say. Obviously we as fans know that he has "the skillset," which is what the people who've seen him play keep raving about. Few people become first round picks without skills. I don't think it's unfair for us to question how useful those skills are if he's slugging like an ALS-stricken Juan Pierre.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1877 on: November 14, 2014, 09:30:02 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 14, 2014, 09:26:39 AM
What it comes down is there are multiple guys that you can say could be on the top 10 list. I don't recall ever giving a shit about anyone beyond the top 2-3.

Except for the days when Bobby Brownlie, Luke Hagerty, Chad Blasko and Andrew Sisco were going to MAKE IT RAIN.

Was Sisco the one that had a good year out of the pen for a mediocre Royals team and led to a bunch of "Nice choice, Jim"?

Yeah there have been a few of those... Eric Hinske was another (where have you gone, Scott Chaisson?).  

I also remember being upset in June of 1998 when a young Miguel Cairo got off to a good 2 month start for Tampa Bay after the Cubs let him go and also had traded Doug Glanville--who was also doing well for Philadelphia at that juncture-- for Mickey Mornandini (Sorry, Tonk).  I remember thinking, "Oh way to go...we coulda been getting that kind of production out of Cairo without having to trade Glanville."

So glad there was no real Internet in 1998.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1878 on: November 14, 2014, 09:35:27 AM »
Comedy is hard.  Believe me I know.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1879 on: November 14, 2014, 09:39:04 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 14, 2014, 09:35:27 AM

Perhaps this should go into the "I Admit It" thread but like 95% of the guys who do Cubs Twitter grate on me for some indefinable reason.  I know that's a really shocking admission coming from a perpetually angry, drunken potato head but I thought I'd put it out there nonetheless.

I really like Arguello, and Sahadev is fine but the rest of those guys annoy me for some reason.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1880 on: November 14, 2014, 09:45:49 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 14, 2014, 09:39:04 AM
Comedy is hard.  Believe me I know.

Perhaps this should go into the "I Admit It" thread but like 95% of the guys who do Cubs Twitter grate on me for some indefinable reason.  I know that's a really shocking admission coming from a perpetually angry, drunken potato head but I thought I'd put it out there nonetheless.

I really like Arguello, and Sahadev is fine but the rest of those guys annoy me for some reason.

I get Arguello and Loxas mixed up, but I just think of them both as guys who pretend to have sources and probably don't.

And if anyone ever reeked of effort, it's Brett from Bleacher Nation.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1881 on: November 14, 2014, 09:47:20 AM »

Perhaps this should go into the "I Admit It" thread but like 95% of the guys who do Cubs Twitter grate on me for some indefinable reason.  I know that's a really shocking admission coming from a perpetually angry, drunken potato head but I thought I'd put it out there nonetheless.

I'm on board with you on those two, even though I fucking hate Arguello's site layout.... or more specifically the ChicagoNow design.

I'm fine with Brett, though. He doesn't bug me that much. Crewsett's my fave Cubes twitterer, though.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1882 on: November 14, 2014, 09:50:06 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on November 14, 2014, 09:47:20 AM

I'm on board with you on those two, even though I fucking hate Arguello's site layout.... or more specifically the ChicagoNow design.

I'm fine with Brett, though. He doesn't bug me that much. Crewsett's my fave Cubes twitterer, though.

Crewsett's awful--the guy wastes so much time obsessing about Latin players' pronunciations that I had to stop following him.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1883 on: November 14, 2014, 10:09:25 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 14, 2014, 09:30:02 AM

Yeah there have been a few of those... Eric Hinske was another (where have you gone, Scott Chaisson?).  

I also remember being upset in June of 1998 when a young Miguel Cairo got off to a good 2 month start for Tampa Bay after the Cubs let him go and also had traded Doug Glanville--who was also doing well for Philadelphia at that juncture-- for Mickey Mornandini (Sorry, Tonk).  I remember thinking, "Oh way to go...we coulda been getting that kind of production out of Cairo without having to trade Glanville."

You're dead to me.  And, I don't doubt, to the Mick.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1884 on: November 14, 2014, 10:51:13 AM »

Nice choice, Jim was a Steve Stone original... For Casey McGehee

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1885 on: November 14, 2014, 11:11:07 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 14, 2014, 10:09:25 AM
Quote from: PANK! on November 14, 2014, 09:30:02 AM

You're dead to me.  And, I don't doubt, to the Mick.

Hey I'm the Mick around here, pal.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1886 on: November 14, 2014, 11:21:58 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 14, 2014, 09:45:49 AM

Perhaps this should go into the "I Admit It" thread but like 95% of the guys who do Cubs Twitter grate on me for some indefinable reason.  I know that's a really shocking admission coming from a perpetually angry, drunken potato head but I thought I'd put it out there nonetheless.

I get Arguello and Loxas mixed up, but I just think of them both as guys who pretend to have sources and probably don't.

That's what I haven't been able to put my finger on until now.  He also has some borderline Al qualities, like that butthurt item about politics and net neutrality yesterday.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1887 on: November 14, 2014, 11:22:54 AM »

Yeah. Brett's a good writer with decent insight, but the constant LIKE ME LIKE MEEEEE drives me insane. But maybe that's because the first Cubs blogger I ever followed posts like three to four times a year despite the misleading title of "daily dose"

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1888 on: November 14, 2014, 11:29:27 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 14, 2014, 11:22:54 AM

Yeah. Brett's a good writer with decent insight, but the constant LIKE ME LIKE MEEEEE drives me insane. But maybe that's because the first Cubs blogger I ever followed posts like three to four times a year despite the misleading title of "daily dose"

Whatever happened to that guy, anyway?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1889 on: November 14, 2014, 11:33:50 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 14, 2014, 11:22:54 AM

He began following me before I was following him (or before I was even aware of who he was), and, as soon as I reciprocated, he stopped following me, which seemed kind of cheesy to me.