News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 364,082 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #3075 on: May 11, 2016, 11:35:47 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 11, 2016, 10:18:23 AM
The return of Carl Edwards Jr. with the doubleheader. 

I bet he strikes out 4 in one inning today.

So you're happy with him being the next Bill Bonham?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3076 on: May 11, 2016, 11:38:32 AM »

If he's in long enough, he might walk four guys in one inning.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3077 on: May 11, 2016, 01:27:14 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 11, 2016, 11:38:32 AM

If he's in long enough, he might walk four guys in one inning.

He hasn't walked a single batter in his last four outings, HATER.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3078 on: June 09, 2016, 08:34:50 AM »
Candelario and Zagunis bumped from AA to AAA.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3079 on: June 09, 2016, 08:47:55 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 09, 2016, 08:34:50 AM

Was a little bit surprised by Candelario but his underlying numbers actually are pretty good. Very healthy walk rate, hitting doubles at a decent clip, BABIP is only .261, when he usually is anywhere between .284-.327. Hopefully he does well in the hitter friendly PCL so he can boost his stock by the deadline. He had built up some nice buzz as a trade chip between his hot stint at AA last year, his AFL numbers, and his torrid spring.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3080 on: June 09, 2016, 09:47:35 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 09, 2016, 08:47:55 AM

Was a little bit surprised by Candelario but his underlying numbers actually are pretty good. Very healthy walk rate, hitting doubles at a decent clip, BABIP is only .261, when he usually is anywhere between .284-.327. Hopefully he does well in the hitter friendly PCL so he can boost his stock by the deadline. He had built up some nice buzz as a trade chip between his hot stint at AA last year, his AFL numbers, and his torrid spring.

Thanks for adding the peripherals.  I've been checking all minor league box scores and stats nearly every day and was concerned about Candelario--he did have one game where he drove in 6 and hit a granny, but I'm glad to hear he was having a lot of Bad BABIP luck.

I started noticing Zagunis more and more lately and he seems to be coming along.  And yeah--I realize the chance of these guys ever playing for the Cubs regularly are about nil but if they're good it should only bolster the organization.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3081 on: June 09, 2016, 10:02:38 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 09, 2016, 09:47:35 AM

Thanks for adding the peripherals.  I've been checking all minor league box scores and stats nearly every day and was concerned about Candelario--he did have one game where he drove in 6 and hit a granny, but I'm glad to hear he was having a lot of Bad BABIP luck.

I started noticing Zagunis more and more lately and he seems to be coming along.  And yeah--I realize the chance of these guys ever playing for the Cubs regularly are about nil but if they're good it should only bolster the organization.

Oh I want the prospects to do better than ever now because I want as many trade chips in the upper minors as possible. Guys tanking teams can throw in the lineup this September/next year and start developing will be the most appealing to them.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3082 on: June 09, 2016, 10:26:22 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 09, 2016, 10:02:38 AM

Oh I want the prospects to do better than ever now because I want as many trade chips in the upper minors as possible. Guys tanking teams can throw in the lineup this September/next year and start developing will be the most appealing to them.

Brian Roberts and Jake Peavy will be ours in no time.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3083 on: June 09, 2016, 10:40:29 AM »

The point of a farm system is providing the major league club with players. If Jepstink can trade these guys and get useful parts, that means it's working.
TIME TO POST!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3084 on: June 09, 2016, 10:44:33 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 09, 2016, 10:40:29 AM

The point of a farm system is providing the major league club with players. If Jepstink can trade these guys and get useful parts, that means it's working.

thanks
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3085 on: June 09, 2016, 10:47:28 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 09, 2016, 10:44:33 AM

thanks

Remember when you were confused about what mansplaining meant or was?  Imagine Fork explaining the menstruation cycle to a woman.  There you go.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3086 on: June 09, 2016, 10:51:00 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 09, 2016, 10:47:28 AM

thanks

Remember when you were confused about what mansplaining meant or was?  Imagine Fork explaining the menstruation cycle to a woman.  There you go.

"and then the uterus sets up the play action..."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3087 on: June 09, 2016, 10:57:23 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 09, 2016, 10:51:00 AM

thanks

Menses eats ass.
TIME TO POST!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3088 on: June 09, 2016, 12:31:53 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 09, 2016, 10:51:00 AM

thanks

LSA +!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3089 on: June 15, 2016, 10:26:15 AM »
Seriously though:

Willson at Iowa: .354/.444/.601/1.045, with 32 K (13.7%) and 28 BB (12%).
Schwarber at Iowa (albeit just 67 PA): .333/.403/.633/1.036 with 23 K (34%) and 7 BB (10.4%)
Bryant: .298/.412/.625/1.037, with 94 K (28.5%) and 45 BB (13.6%)

My God.