News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 363,766 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #1620 on: July 22, 2014, 08:53:43 AM »

Soler got pulled after going 2-for-3, thought he was getting the call. Dammit.

Smokies said it was just part of the program so he'd get some extra rest and not miss tonight's game.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1621 on: July 22, 2014, 08:53:50 AM »
I want to talk about Mark Zagunis. Can we talk about Mark Zagunis? Since I'm THE Mark Zagunis guy and all...he was drafted in the third round in this year's draft as a catcher out of Virginia Tech.

So far this year, he's hit .319/.431/.473/.904 with a HR and 7 2B with 15 BB/20 K in 109 PA's. He's played catcher, LF and did some DH-ing. He's not a Kyle Schwarber or Kris Bryant talent, right? But it feels like he's always doing something right when I read the minor league boxes (otherwise known as Bleacher Nation). He's 21 and has risen from rookie ball to Boise

I think what I'm saying here is "Hey, we might have a useful player!" He profiles as a doubles hitter with meh power, but looks to have an educated guess at the plate as he's drawn walks. So, TEAM ZAGUNIS!

Anyone have anything more to add to that meatballery, be my guess. Oh, for those in the SBox for the discussion yesterday, Mark Zagunis looks exactly like what you would expect a Mark Zagunis to look like.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1622 on: July 22, 2014, 08:56:55 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 22, 2014, 08:53:50 AM
I want to talk about Mark Zagunis. Can we talk about Mark Zagunis? Since I'm THE Mark Zagunis guy and all...he was drafted in the third round in this year's draft as a catcher out of Virginia Tech.

So far this year, he's hit .319/.431/.473/.904 with a HR and 7 2B with 15 BB/20 K in 109 PA's. He's played catcher, LF and did some DH-ing. He's not a Kyle Schwarber or Kris Bryant talent, right? But it feels like he's always doing something right when I read the minor league boxes (otherwise known as Bleacher Nation). He's 21 and has risen from rookie ball to Boise

I think what I'm saying here is "Hey, we might have a useful player!" He profiles as a doubles hitter with meh power, but looks to have an educated guess at the plate as he's drawn walks. So, TEAM ZAGUNIS!

Anyone have anything more to add to that meatballery, be my guess. Oh, for those in the SBox for the discussion yesterday, Mark Zagunis looks exactly like what you would expect a Mark Zagunis to look like.

Black, jewish and female?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1623 on: July 22, 2014, 08:57:54 AM »

This felt like a 5th grader reading a book report to the class, and it was adorable.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1624 on: July 22, 2014, 09:17:17 AM »
What's the point in having TIME TO POST! if you fuckers don't read?

Quote from: Fork on July 08, 2014, 09:10:02 PM
Remember how there were no catchers in the organization?

Aside from SKOwarber, Mark Zagunis is treating pitching in the Northwest League with disdain.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1625 on: July 22, 2014, 09:59:26 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 22, 2014, 08:57:54 AM

This felt like a 5th grader reading a book report to the class, and it was adorable.

He also can't throw a runner out to save his life.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1626 on: July 22, 2014, 11:05:22 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 22, 2014, 09:59:26 AM

I haevn't been able to see any of his games this year - is that the runners getting good jumps off the pitcher or his having release/throw issues?
TIME TO POST!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1627 on: July 22, 2014, 11:06:45 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 22, 2014, 11:05:22 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on July 22, 2014, 09:59:26 AM

I haevn't been able to see any of his games this year - is that the runners getting good jumps off the pitcher or his having release/throw issues?

From his scouting report:

QuoteThe lone red flag – and it's pretty glaring at this point – is his inability to control the run game. He has nabbed just about 20% of would-be base stealers this season.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1628 on: July 22, 2014, 11:24:01 AM »
Best farm system in baseball (Insider Protected, but I saw all I needed to.)

Edited to share a link with some quotes from Law's piece.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1629 on: July 22, 2014, 10:38:28 PM »
Soler to Iowa.  Almora to Tennessee.  Tomorrow.

2015 is going to be fun. 2016 is going to be awesome.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1630 on: July 22, 2014, 10:55:10 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 22, 2014, 10:38:28 PM

Also some prospect named Arismendy Alcantara hit one out on to Sheffield today.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1631 on: July 22, 2014, 11:04:18 PM »
Olt back to Iowa. If only I had said he'd be terrible like 400 times this spring.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1632 on: July 22, 2014, 11:10:05 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 22, 2014, 11:04:18 PM
Olt back to Iowa. If only I had said he'd be terrible like 400 times this spring.

The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1633 on: July 23, 2014, 07:28:27 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 22, 2014, 11:04:18 PM

I used to REALLY care about prospects like Mike Olt...the ones with manly face stubble and handsome features, big thighs and power to hit baseballs over the moon. But when they suck in Chicago and it's apparent that they will continue to suck, I'd get sad. I'm not sad about this. There are about 37 other prospects in the Cubs syetem that are way better than Mike Olt, so it really doesn't matter.

For real, though, I hope Olt can make some adjustments and be useful. If he can be an asset to the Cubs, either in their uniform or in a trade, than I'll be happy.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1634 on: July 23, 2014, 08:00:53 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 22, 2014, 10:55:10 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 22, 2014, 10:38:28 PM

Also some prospect named Arismendy Alcantara hit one out on to Sheffield today.

HOW MANY MORE TEARS, THEO?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.