News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 363,992 )

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #3165 on: April 06, 2017, 11:35:25 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 06, 2017, 11:16:12 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 06, 2017, 09:40:53 AM
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on April 06, 2017, 07:50:58 AM
Quote from: Yeti on April 05, 2017, 09:27:40 PM
Quote from: R-V on April 05, 2017, 05:06:08 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 05, 2017, 10:45:06 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on April 05, 2017, 10:14:23 AM
Despite not being much excitement after the top 3, it's worth noting (from this article on the top 30) that 11 of the top 30 prospects are in Triple-A this year, on a team with no obvious room. 

Seems like we could/should see some of these guys go this year. 

Every team that's selling pitchers at the deadline will have Jepstink on speed dial.

I don't think people use speed dial anymore. They store contact information in their cell phone, and then either look that person up in their contacts and call them or just send them a text message. I give this post two Pinocchios.

Speed dial is picking up the phone and pressing only a button or two to call up the person, instead of dialing the full 10 digit. An these newfangled cell phones let someone pick up the phone, press a couple buttons and call up a person instead of dialing the full 10 digit. It is, as you may see now, a speed dial, after all.

Checkmate, bitch

Yeah, I lol'd when I first read this reply but then re-read it and realized the speed dial is the *only* way people use mobile phones.  BOO, RV--BOOO!

Speed dial is specific to landlines. Note that I didn't claim that the method for calling people on a cell phone was faster than a landline speed dial. The point is that people don't really use landlines (and their corresponding features e.g. speed dial) anymore.

Show me a screenshot of the term "speed dial" as a function in your cell phone menu and I'll eat my hatphone.

Mine isn't as awesome as yours, but I just want to make RV eat another hatphone.

Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3166 on: April 06, 2017, 12:28:38 PM »
If everyone is basically on speed dial, is anyone really on speed dial?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3167 on: April 06, 2017, 01:17:33 PM »

I just spin the rotary dial really fast.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3168 on: April 06, 2017, 02:54:25 PM »
Quote from: flannj on April 06, 2017, 01:17:33 PM

I have one of those phones that looks like a candlestick holder for the mouthpiece and a handle on the side to hold the earpiece.  Every so often I grab it and shout into it, "Murphy, stop the presses.  Scrap the front page and have the typesetter set up a new headline..."
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3169 on: April 06, 2017, 03:31:20 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 06, 2017, 02:54:25 PM

I have one of those phones that looks like a candlestick holder for the mouthpiece and a handle on the side to hold the earpiece.  Every so often I grab it and shout into it, "Murphy, stop the presses.  Scrap the front page and have the typesetter set up a new headline..."

I assumed you just refused to adopt a whole new technology after you got so quick with the wireless. Why Stew could fire off a telegram to London faster than the speed of smell
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3170 on: April 06, 2017, 03:55:11 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 06, 2017, 03:31:20 PM
Quote from: CBStew on April 06, 2017, 02:54:25 PM

I assumed you just refused to adopt a whole new technology after you got so quick with the wireless. Why Stew could fire off a telegram to London faster than the speed of smell

Well, he could until that damned Kaiser had the transatlantic telegraph cable snipped.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3171 on: April 12, 2017, 04:08:04 PM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on April 06, 2017, 11:21:27 AM
Quote from: Yeti on April 06, 2017, 11:16:12 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 06, 2017, 09:40:53 AM
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on April 06, 2017, 07:50:58 AM
Quote from: Yeti on April 05, 2017, 09:27:40 PM
Quote from: R-V on April 05, 2017, 05:06:08 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 05, 2017, 10:45:06 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on April 05, 2017, 10:14:23 AM
Despite not being much excitement after the top 3, it's worth noting (from this article on the top 30) that 11 of the top 30 prospects are in Triple-A this year, on a team with no obvious room. 

Seems like we could/should see some of these guys go this year. 

Every team that's selling pitchers at the deadline will have Jepstink on speed dial.

I don't think people use speed dial anymore. They store contact information in their cell phone, and then either look that person up in their contacts and call them or just send them a text message. I give this post two Pinocchios.

Speed dial is picking up the phone and pressing only a button or two to call up the person, instead of dialing the full 10 digit. An these newfangled cell phones let someone pick up the phone, press a couple buttons and call up a person instead of dialing the full 10 digit. It is, as you may see now, a speed dial, after all.

Checkmate, bitch

Yeah, I lol'd when I first read this reply but then re-read it and realized the speed dial is the *only* way people use mobile phones.  BOO, RV--BOOO!

Speed dial is specific to landlines. Note that I didn't claim that the method for calling people on a cell phone was faster than a landline speed dial. The point is that people don't really use landlines (and their corresponding features e.g. speed dial) anymore.

Show me a screenshot of the term "speed dial" as a function in your cell phone menu and I'll eat my hatphone.

RV's extended hiatus has rendered his Desipio game so off-kilter that Yeti's pwning the fuck out of him with a simple flick of the wrist.  Sad!

I lost my speedlink to Desipio, now I have to dial in each letter of the URL separately. Very time consuming.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3172 on: April 20, 2017, 11:20:20 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3173 on: April 20, 2017, 03:36:51 PM »
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3174 on: April 20, 2017, 04:00:43 PM »

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3177 on: June 12, 2017, 11:09:34 PM »
Three college pitchers on day one.  Hopefully this starts to stuff the channel with cheap controllable pitching down the road, Cardinals-style.  I don't hate it.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3178 on: June 12, 2017, 11:41:15 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 12, 2017, 11:09:34 PM
Three college pitchers on day one.  Hopefully this starts to stuff the channel with cheap controllable pitching down the road, Cardinals-style.  I don't hate it.

Also, this is important: second-round pick Cory Abbott's mug shot looks like the love child of Kyle Hendricks and Anthony Rizzo.

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3179 on: June 19, 2017, 03:55:32 PM »
In 28 games (97 ABs) in Myrtle Beach this year, Eloy's slashing 278/381/546 with 7 dongs.

Do the Cubs let him finish the year here, or is it time for him to see what the Southern League has to offer?
TIME TO POST!