News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.  ( 60,657 )

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.
« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2012, 04:46:09 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 29, 2012, 04:26:38 PM
From the PFF Refocused article about the Bears game: "While Jay Cutler was sacked six times, no one offensive lineman surrendered more than one." I can't decide if that's good or bad news. One the one hand, it was just one mistake! On the other hand, it was just one mistake by every single player on the line.

We didn't have the game here, but I heard it on the radio for a while and the announcers were killing Carimi. Sounded like he was getting abused by Charles Johnson.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: October 29, 2012, 04:47:21 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 29, 2012, 04:46:09 PM
From the PFF Refocused article about the Bears game: "While Jay Cutler was sacked six times, no one offensive lineman surrendered more than one." I can't decide if that's good or bad news. One the one hand, it was just one mistake! On the other hand, it was just one mistake by every single player on the line.

We didn't have the game here, but I heard it on the radio for a while and the announcers were killing Carimi. Sounded like he was getting abused by Charles Johnson.

Carimi has been, how do we say this, bad.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2012, 05:05:25 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 29, 2012, 04:47:21 PM

He's awful. Extremely awful. He's a goddamn dumpster fire. J'Marcus Webb's allowed just 2 sacks in the 6 games that didn't involve him being matched up against Clay Matthews. PFF had him ranked as the #23 pass blocking tackle in football out of 65 qualifiers before last week, I believe. Gabe was the fourth worst. I'm thinking that ranking may have gone even farther down. I hope it's just technique and he can get it sorted out, but his first round status has to be the only thing saving him at this point, and you can't imagine that'll keep him there much longer against the Texans and 49ers.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: November 01, 2012, 01:49:39 PM »
I heard an idiot on The Score this morning (like most days) saying that the Bears should trade Devin Hester before the deadline Thursday. To be honest, I believe that dweeb Matt Spiegel agreed with him.

Why do people want the greatest returner of all time traded? Do these idiots not watch how other teams react when he is back there waiting for a kickoff/punt return. Let's just take Sunday for an example. Rivera has the Panthers doing squib kicks on every kickoff and the punter doing corner kicks (the last one only going six yards) because of him. I do wish he would stay off the field during the offense as I have repeated that for many years. He sucks as a wide receiver but as a punt/kickoff returner, put him back there.

If Mike Tice ever figures out how to run the offense properly, the Bears can make teams pay dearly for those errors. Anyone who says Hester should be traded needs their TV slammed over their heads.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: November 01, 2012, 02:03:22 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 01, 2012, 01:49:39 PM
I heard an idiot on The Score this morning (like most days) saying that the Bears should trade Devin Hester before the deadline Thursday. To be honest, I believe that dweeb Matt Spiegel agreed with him.

Why do people want the greatest returner of all time traded? Do these idiots not watch how other teams react when he is back there waiting for a kickoff/punt return. Let's just take Sunday for an example. Rivera has the Panthers doing squib kicks on every kickoff and the punter doing corner kicks (the last one only going six yards) because of him. I do wish he would stay off the field during the offense as I have repeated that for many years. He sucks as a wide receiver but as a punt/kickoff returner, put him back there.

If Mike Tice ever figures out how to run the offense properly, the Bears can make teams pay dearly for those errors. Anyone who says Hester should be traded needs their TV slammed over their heads.

Does this mean establishing the run to set up the play action?  Or perhaps reintroduction of the single wing?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: November 01, 2012, 02:09:00 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on November 01, 2012, 02:03:22 PM
Quote from: Fork on November 01, 2012, 01:49:39 PM

Does this mean establishing the run to set up the play action?  Or perhaps reintroduction of the single wing?

I'd like it he taught the offensive linemen how to do their jobs. It's 11 on 11. Pick a guy and block him.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: November 04, 2012, 07:13:54 PM »
Damn Mike Tice. Does he not enjoy running the football? I saw some drives where it would be obvious that the right thing to do would be to run the football. First, the drive that lead to the safety. Instead of running the ball to try to get some breathing room, he has Cutler drop back in the endzone. He nearly gets sacked but got away but then,  a penalty for illegal hands to the face.  Another one of those drives came after the two-minute warning in the first half. The Bears are up 31-2 and are about to score again. What does Tice do? He sets up an empty backfield for Cutler only to have him fumble the ball and the Titans take it to mid-field and end up getting a field goal. I am thinking to myself that if they scored again, maybe Cutler and some of the other starters would be out of the game to rest and instead, they are playing into the fourth quarter.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: November 04, 2012, 10:06:11 PM »
Anywho, fuck Fro Dog and all. Anybody want to talk about the Bears? Because they're really fucking good at football. Gabe Carimi is an inch away from the firebarn, but the rest of these guys make me happy in my pants and that's all there is to it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: November 04, 2012, 10:14:58 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 04, 2012, 10:06:11 PM
Anywho, fuck Fro Dog and all. Anybody want to talk about the Bears? Because they're really fucking good at football. Gabe Carimi is an inch away from the firebarn, but the rest of these guys make me happy in my pants and that's all there is to it.

I could do with seeing the offense come out and putting together multiple, first-half, TD drives and looking very good for a whole game.  Gabe Carimi might be responsible for their inability to do this so far. 

But Forte looked the best he did all season.  And this is a Titans team that beat the Steelers at home - so I'm not keen on anyone who talks this win down. 
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: November 05, 2012, 12:01:25 AM »
Nice to see the Bears finally get on the board in the Deserved Win column.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: November 05, 2012, 12:10:32 AM »
No, Fork.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: November 05, 2012, 01:12:44 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 05, 2012, 12:10:32 AM
No, Fork.

That has to be Fro's handywork, surely?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: November 05, 2012, 01:16:40 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 29, 2012, 05:05:25 PM

He's awful. Extremely awful. He's a goddamn dumpster fire. J'Marcus Webb's allowed just 2 sacks in the 6 games that didn't involve him being matched up against Clay Matthews. PFF had him ranked as the #23 pass blocking tackle in football out of 65 qualifiers before last week, I believe. Gabe was the fourth worst. I'm thinking that ranking may have gone even farther down. I hope it's just technique and he can get it sorted out, but his first round status has to be the only thing saving him at this point, and you can't imagine that'll keep him there much longer against the Texans and 49ers.

I'm not being funny, but J'Marcus?  Really?  Was the name J'Dave already taken by somebody in the family?  Or J'Brian?  J'Colin?

Fuck sake.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: November 05, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 05, 2012, 01:16:40 AM
I'm not being funny, but J'Marcus?  Really?  Was the name J'Dave already taken by somebody in the family?  Or J'Brian?  J'Colin?

Fuck sake.

Why won't these goddamn black kids just stay the hell off Tonker's goddamn lawn already?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: November 05, 2012, 08:41:09 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 05, 2012, 01:16:40 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 29, 2012, 05:05:25 PM

Fuck sake.

There's been a J'Marcus and a JaMarcus in recent NFL History.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.