News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.  ( 60,664 )

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.
« Reply #420 on: December 16, 2012, 03:05:17 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 16, 2012, 02:54:47 PM
I hate to bitch about officiating, but sweet Jesus the refs were awful today.

The English language is woefully insufficient for providing the verbal abuse that that crew deserves, and there's probably not enough beer in Soldier Field to throw on them.  If I were the Bears ground crew, I'd be inventing a reason that the refs had to wait, exposed, for about 5 minutes before letting them find cover.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: December 16, 2012, 03:32:43 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 16, 2012, 02:56:56 PM

So were the Bears.

So were the Packers, for that matter.

That game was so bad I can't even enjoy the Packers' moronic trick punt return.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: December 16, 2012, 07:28:40 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on December 16, 2012, 01:18:49 PM
Cutler is absolute trash.  There's much more wrong than him - the o-line and a joke of a receiver corps after B-Marsh, but Cutler is a huge fucking liability right now with his penchant for throwing balls right to the numbers of opposing defenders in situations where he's not under pressure and has time to make a decision.

Unfortunately we haven't been bad enough lately to draft a viable QB, but it's time to trade, if necessary, to draft a franchise QB, cut Cutler, suck for a year or two, rebuild the line, and actually build a good team.  This patchwork mediocre bullshit of no line, one receiver, an inconsistent and retarded QB, aging defense, and washed up, loser, fucktards for coordinators is a giant fucking trainwreck.  Time to euthanize the Bears career of just about everyone associated with it and start over.

OK.

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: December 16, 2012, 08:48:59 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 16, 2012, 07:28:40 PM
Cutler is absolute trash.  There's much more wrong than him - the o-line and a joke of a receiver corps after B-Marsh, but Cutler is a huge fucking liability right now with his penchant for throwing balls right to the numbers of opposing defenders in situations where he's not under pressure and has time to make a decision.

Unfortunately we haven't been bad enough lately to draft a viable QB, but it's time to trade, if necessary, to draft a franchise QB, cut Cutler, suck for a year or two, rebuild the line, and actually build a good team.  This patchwork mediocre bullshit of no line, one receiver, an inconsistent and retarded QB, aging defense, and washed up, loser, fucktards for coordinators is a giant fucking trainwreck.  Time to euthanize the Bears career of just about everyone associated with it and start over.

OK.

QBs I'd definitely rather have than Cutler:

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, both Mannings, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Luck, Schaub, Newton, RG III - Cutler, not a Top 10 QB.

QBs that I think you could make a legit case for having instead of Cutler:

Freeman, Stafford, Wilson, Dalton, Rivers, Romo, Kappernick, Flacco.

The Bears gave up a lot for a barely, or perhaps not even median/top-half QB who singlehandedly throws at least 2 winnable games away each season.  

The only QBs I definitely wouldn't want over Cutler are on bad to awful teams in the AFC West, NFC West, and AFC East...and in cesspools of suck like Cleveland.  Cutler has shown no progression, no evolution, nothing to suggest he'll get better.  His pick today was horrible.  His two picks in Minneapolis showed mechanics that suggest a mentally lazy, undisciplined QB who won't or can't disabuse himself of throwing off his back foot and leaving balls high.

Time to give up on this experiment, suck for whoever the next Luck is, and build a top-5 o-line in the process.  When you go from 7-1 to 8-6, your QB has to take a lot of that blame.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: December 16, 2012, 09:27:30 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 16, 2012, 03:32:43 PM
Quote from: Slaky on December 16, 2012, 02:56:56 PM

So were the Bears.

So were the Packers, for that matter.

That game was so bad I can't even enjoy the Packers' moronic trick punt return.

That and the 2 fourth down conversions--one that was 4th and 6th that they opted for so as to not let Mason Crosby shank his third attempt, which also deserves mention-- shows how little regard the Packers had for that collection of dudes in the old school navy blue unis.  Cutler's last stand starts now, else Lovie's actually down to his last 2 games.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: December 16, 2012, 11:47:06 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on December 16, 2012, 08:48:59 PM

The Bears gave up a lot for a barely, or perhaps not even median/top-half QB who singlehandedly throws at least 2 winnable games away each season.  

What two winnable games did he throw away in 2009? 2010? 2011?

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: December 17, 2012, 12:39:15 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 16, 2012, 11:47:06 PM

What two winnable games did he throw away in 2009? 2010? 2011?

2009 - Green Bay (twice), San Francisco (5 picks in a 4 point game lol), Atlanta (red zone pick on the first drive, 7 off a pick in the 2nd quarter, so 10-14 points in a 7 point game)

2010 - Washington (I pick great games to watch live...those 4 picks were as brutal as his performance this year in the Metrodome), and while not throwing picks, he played incredibly poorly the week before in the loss to Seattle.  You could also say his 2 picks in the first half cost that mostly meaningless game against GB in Week 17.

2011 - Tampa Bay...and I'm going to count the pick that cost him the rest of his season (and 6 opportunities to throw another game away) against SD.

Question answered?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: December 17, 2012, 08:12:04 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 16, 2012, 07:28:40 PM

Unfortunately we haven't been bad enough lately to draft a viable QB, but it's time to trade, if necessary, to draft a franchise QB, cut Cutler, suck for a year or two, rebuild the line, and actually build a good team.  This patchwork mediocre bullshit of no line, one receiver, an inconsistent and retarded QB, aging defense, and washed up, loser, fucktards for coordinators is a giant fucking trainwreck.  Time to euthanize the Bears career of just about everyone associated with it and start over.

OK.

QBs I'd definitely rather have than Cutler:

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, both Mannings, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Luck, Schaub, Newton, RG III - Cutler, not a Top 10 QB.

QBs that I think you could make a legit case for having instead of Cutler:

Freeman, Stafford, Wilson, Dalton, Rivers, Romo, Kappernick, Flacco.

The only QBs I definitely wouldn't want over Cutler are on bad to awful teams in the AFC West, NFC West, and AFC East...and in cesspools of suck like Cleveland.  Cutler has shown no progression, no evolution, nothing to suggest he'll get better.  His pick today was horrible.  His two picks in Minneapolis showed mechanics that suggest a mentally lazy, undisciplined QB who won't or can't disabuse himself of throwing off his back foot and leaving balls high.

Time to give up on this experiment, suck for whoever the next Luck is, and build a top-5 o-line in the process.  When you go from 7-1 to 8-6, your QB has to take a lot of that blame.

OK.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: December 17, 2012, 09:01:18 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on December 16, 2012, 03:05:17 PM

The English language is woefully insufficient for providing the verbal abuse that that crew deserves, and there's probably not enough beer in Soldier Field to throw on them.  If I were the Bears ground crew, I'd be inventing a reason that the refs had to wait, exposed, for about 5 minutes before letting them find cover.

Yeah! We should kill the refs because the Bears lost!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: December 17, 2012, 09:13:16 AM »
I've got no problem with the Bears going FullTheo and clearing our everyone and everything.  But Cutler's rep in this town is simply amazing. What some logical football fans have come to say about him stuns me.  One guy told me that he'd take Ponder over Cutler and "it's not even close."

I think Cutler's a middle of the pack QB, maybe close to #10 on a really good team.  He'll never be an MVP level guy. But why all the hate for this guy?  Maybe because he's such an ass?  He's not the main reason this team loses.  That's on the coaches and the old player personnel department.

I tend to think it's his attitude. Were he as friendly as Mark Grace, Cutler would be beloved in this city.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: December 17, 2012, 09:40:07 AM »
In a game like yesterday's you could clearly see the difference in ability between Rodgers and Cutler. Cutler didn't look awful by any stretch, the one glaring pick should not doom an entire game. The complete lack of production from anyone other than Marshall and Forte did. The inability to gain one yard in three tries on two separate occasions did. But Rodgers makes more plays that boggle the mind than any quarterback I've ever seen live. Manning made all the throws and mentally destroyed opponents. Brady seemingly never makes a mistake. Favre had the cannon to get away with just about anything. But Rodgers is a fucking wizard.

And I'm all set with Bears fans shitting on Cutler - or just Bears fans in general. I'm pretty much sick of myself at this point.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: December 30, 2012, 12:15:34 PM »
This is going to be a long day.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: December 30, 2012, 02:20:45 PM »
Quote from: flannj on December 30, 2012, 12:15:34 PM
This is going to be a long day.

This offense is full of the biggest bunch of gutless fuckity-fucks since the 2006 Cubs. 16 points off those turnovers is pathetic.

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: December 30, 2012, 02:47:57 PM »
And of course they score a TD in 3 plays after the worst penalty in the history of defensive dumbassery.  It's hilarious watching a team that, in all phases, has so little interest in making the playoffs try and back their way into it on the sheer force of Detroit's incompetence. Unreal.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: December 30, 2012, 03:10:02 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on December 30, 2012, 02:47:57 PM
And of course they score a TD in 3 plays after the worst penalty in the history of defensive dumbassery.  It's hilarious watching a team that, in all phases, has so little interest in making the playoffs try and back their way into it on the sheer force of Detroit's incompetence. Unreal.

Green Bay will win and the Bears will see you in New Orleans.