News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Sherlock Takes on Jack the Ripper  ( 1,585 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Sherlock Takes on Jack the Ripper
« on: September 20, 2012, 12:14:42 PM »
Read most of this book from 1978 on the plane ride home where Sherlock Holmes takes on Jack the Ripper in 1888ish London. Fantastic read so far (just have the last part to go) and Sherlock is a freaking nutcase.

It gives me more appreciation for the BBC show - they definitely incorporated elements directly from this book.

Anyway it's by Michael Dibdin and it's called "The Last Sherlock Holmes Story."

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Sherlock Takes on Jack the Ripper
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 12:24:31 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 20, 2012, 12:14:42 PM
Read most of this book from 1978 on the plane ride home where Sherlock Holmes takes on Jack the Ripper in 1888ish London. Fantastic read so far (just have the last part to go) and Sherlock is a freaking nutcase.

It gives me more appreciation for the BBC show - they definitely incorporated elements directly from this book.

Kindle version is $3 right now. Never read a Holmes story so I'm going to sacrifice half a Bacci's slice to check this out.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Sherlock Takes on Jack the Ripper
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 12:32:44 PM »
Quote from: R-V on September 20, 2012, 12:24:31 PM
Quote from: Slaky on September 20, 2012, 12:14:42 PM

Kindle version is $3 right now. Never read a Holmes story so I'm going to sacrifice half a Bacci's slice to check this out.

It's told as a 50 year old memoir written by Watson. Very cool style.