News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: This. Fucking. Defense.  ( 1,723 )

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
This. Fucking. Defense.
« on: August 03, 2016, 05:29:37 PM »
Thought this needed a thread. They've basically been playing great defense all year, but lately it seems as if everyone's making highlight-reel plays in the field. Contreras with a couple great grabs as well as Szczur and Coghlan the past few days. Baez/Russell basically all the time. Bryant/Rizzo have had their fair share, and even Zo on the diving stop to start the DP today. And let's not forget the hitless wonder Heyward who has at least been as advertised in the field.

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: This. Fucking. Defense.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 10:29:18 AM »
I dig. Cubs have cornered the market inefficiency market.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 11:44:47 PM »
Javy. Goddamn.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 11:48:50 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on August 05, 2016, 11:44:47 PM
Javy. Goddamn.

Shooter beat me by seconds.

This may well be the best overall defense we've been privy to--and that includes Stew-- and Baez may well be the best individual defensive player of the bunch.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 01:49:31 AM »
Hands down the best defensive team the Cubs have fielded in my 40 yrs as a fan. I was talking with 2 other fans and we all agreed that Javy's the best defensive Cub we've watched. If he even comes anywhere close to his offensive potential like Joe said yesterday...Fuck me he'll be an All-Star for the next 10 yrs. I'm calling it now, starting by 2018, just about every yr we'll see Bryzzo/Javy/Schwarbs/Contreras earning their trip to the All-Star game. Shit, not long after that you might add in any of Almora/Happ/Jimenez. We knew Epstein/Hoyer were REALLY smart, but damnit if they don't hit BIG TIME on position players. Imagine when they start doing the same with a few starting pitchers.