News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Charles Tillman will knock your balls out for you.  ( 16,628 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Charles Tillman will knock your balls out for you.
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2016, 06:29:27 AM »
FYBC
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2016, 07:28:58 AM »
He was the best.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2016, 08:05:31 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 19, 2016, 07:28:58 AM
He was the best.

In one of his last years with the Bears it just struck me how uniquely talented he had been, over the course of his career, in an area which, to my knowledge, has never been a feature of a defensive player--interceptions *and* forced fumbles (and fumble recoveries).  Tillman didn't have an exceptional number of INT's for a D-Back but his FF's and FR's more than made up for it, IMO.  In his rookie year he shut down an in-his-prime Randy Moss and subsequently seemed to always be there when they most needed him (fuck YOU, Steve Smith, for leaving the one dark mark on his career).

All of this makes me think P'Nut'll eventually make the HOF, thus providing, not that we need it, validation that BC is in fact a complete moron.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2016, 08:22:17 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 19, 2016, 08:05:31 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 19, 2016, 07:28:58 AM
He was the best.

In one of his last years with the Bears it just struck me how uniquely talented he had been, over the course of his career, in an area which, to my knowledge, has never been a feature of a defensive player--interceptions *and* forced fumbles (and fumble recoveries).  Tillman didn't have an exceptional number of INT's for a D-Back but his FF's and FR's more than made up for it, IMO.  In his rookie year he shut down an in-his-prime Randy Moss and subsequently seemed to always be there when they most needed him (fuck YOU, Steve Smith, for leaving the one dark mark on his career).

All of this makes me think P'Nut'll eventually make the HOF, thus providing, not that we need it, validation that BC is in fact a complete moron.

Steve Smith never really dominated Tillman so much as Lovie stubbornly insisted on playing zone and the sneaky little shit was always able to find the gaps. Over the corner, under the safety. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

That said, Tillman should absolutely be a hall of fame corner. The myth that he was somehow only a zone corner is the only obstacle. When asked to play man he was always one of the best in the league. He got more attention for it with the repeated pantsings of Megatron, and the rise of analytics in football and places like PFF giving him proper credit will hopefully help, because they lead the charge in saying that he was a shutdown corner who just happened to play in a zone defense, not a product of a system. If 2003 Charles Tillman was drafted by the Seahawks tomorrow there'd be no question of whether or not he was an elite shutdown corner.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015