News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cool story, bro.  ( 10,439 )

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cool story, bro.
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 07:56:15 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 26, 2012, 10:09:56 PM
I just read a semi-rad article.

It was about 2 guys with British herpes and a love of Miller Lite.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 03:48:27 PM »
It would be so awesome if Mike Vick gets benched and the Eagles go on a torrid winning streak.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 04:10:18 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 30, 2012, 03:48:27 PM
It would be so awesome if Mike Vick gets benched and the Eagles go on a torrid winning streak.

Fuck the Iggles.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 09:24:45 PM »
According to a voicemail I just heard on my office line, the Elkhorn Inn, where I'll be enjoying the next month and a half in West Virginia for work, has substantial snow damage from Sandy.  They cannot assure me that they'll have the damage fixed in time.

Thus, it may be back to the Hampton Inn for me.

DAMN YOU SANDY!!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 01:05:13 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 31, 2012, 09:24:45 PM
According to a voicemail I just heard on my office line, the Elkhorn Inn, where I'll be enjoying the next month and a half in West Virginia for work, has substantial snow damage from Sandy.  They cannot assure me that they'll have the damage fixed in time.

Thus, it may be back to the Hampton Inn for me.

DAMN YOU SANDY!!!

That is the essence, bro.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 07:55:31 AM »

I got a bunch of people to flip off the NHL on Twitter yesterday.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 09:31:15 AM »
Last night our neighbor gave out glow bracelets to trick or treaters.  One to each kid.  She gave out 1530 bracelets.  Many kids were accompanied by parents so the crowd was around 3000 or more.  Most folks had around 1200 pieces of candy and ran out around 7:45.  Mrs. Cubbieblue and I sneaked away at 5:45 and spent the next three and a half hours at a restaurant. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 10:22:08 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 01, 2012, 09:31:15 AM
Last night our neighbor gave out glow bracelets to trick or treaters.  One to each kid.  She gave out 1530 bracelets.  Many kids were accompanied by parents so the crowd was around 3000 or more.  Most folks had around 1200 pieces of candy and ran out around 7:45.  Mrs. Cubbieblue and I sneaked away at 5:45 and spent the next three and a half hours at a restaurant. 

13 year old PenFoe wants to egg your house.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »

That's just fucking ridiculous.  Are kids going on ten-mile candy yomps now, or what?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 02:21:35 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 01, 2012, 10:37:38 AM

That's just fucking ridiculous.  Are kids going on ten-mile candy yomps now, or what?

You think fat, lazy, entitled American kids can/will walk 10 miles for anything?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 03:34:11 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on November 01, 2012, 02:21:35 PM

You think fat, lazy, entitled American kids can/will walk 10 miles for anything?

Well, we took our kids out last night, called at a dozen or so houses on our street, filled a small bag of sweets for them each, and went home.  They had a lovely time.  If you're giving out over a thousand pieces of candy within a couple of hours, that's got to be every kid within a mile in every direction of your front door and that's way, way, way beyond a bit of fun.  That's industrial candy collection.  What's the fucking point?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 03:42:02 PM »
I ran away from Amy Goodman in Freeport, IL yesterday when she asked to speak with me.  She's a scary woman.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 03:43:20 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 01, 2012, 03:34:11 PM

Well, we took our kids out last night, called at a dozen or so houses on our street, filled a small bag of sweets for them each, and went home.  They had a lovely time.  If you're giving out over a thousand pieces of candy within a couple of hours, that's got to be every kid within a mile in every direction of your front door and that's way, way, way beyond a bit of fun.  That's industrial candy collection.  What's the fucking point?

TIME TO POST!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 03:49:45 PM »
Guy I went to high school with (and may have gotten drunk for the first time) was the limo driver in the first episode of the Mindy Project.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 03:50:25 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 01, 2012, 03:34:11 PM

On halloween when my kids were younger we used haul around a red wagon with a large cooler in it filled with beer. Joined by other families doing the same and we'd make it around the neighborhood participating in "Trick or Beer". The amount of candy the kids collected was a somewhat secondary concern.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen