News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cool story, bro.  ( 10,436 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cool story, bro.
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 03:54:11 PM »
Quote from: flannj on November 01, 2012, 03:50:25 PM
Quote from: Tonker on November 01, 2012, 03:34:11 PM
Quote from: Shooter on November 01, 2012, 02:21:35 PM
Quote from: Tonker on November 01, 2012, 10:37:38 AM
Quote from: CBStew on November 01, 2012, 09:31:15 AM
Last night our neighbor gave out glow bracelets to trick or treaters.  One to each kid.  She gave out 1530 bracelets.  Many kids were accompanied by parents so the crowd was around 3000 or more.  Most folks had around 1200 pieces of candy and ran out around 7:45.  Mrs. Cubbieblue and I sneaked away at 5:45 and spent the next three and a half hours at a restaurant. 

That's just fucking ridiculous.  Are kids going on ten-mile candy yomps now, or what?

You think fat, lazy, entitled American kids can/will walk 10 miles for anything?

Well, we took our kids out last night, called at a dozen or so houses on our street, filled a small bag of sweets for them each, and went home.  They had a lovely time.  If you're giving out over a thousand pieces of candy within a couple of hours, that's got to be every kid within a mile in every direction of your front door and that's way, way, way beyond a bit of fun.  That's industrial candy collection.  What's the fucking point?

On halloween when my kids were younger we used haul around a red wagon with a large cooler in it filled with beer. Joined by other families doing the same and we'd make it around the neighborhood participating in "Trick or Beer". The amount of candy the kids collected was a somewhat secondary concern.

Cool story, bro.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2012, 04:12:46 PM »
Last night our neighbor gave out glow bracelets to trick or treaters.  One to each kid.  She gave out 1530 bracelets.  Many kids were accompanied by parents so the crowd was around 3000 or more.  Most folks had around 1200 pieces of candy and ran out around 7:45.  Mrs. Cubbieblue and I sneaked away at 5:45 and spent the next three and a half hours at a restaurant. 

That's just fucking ridiculous.  Are kids going on ten-mile candy yomps now, or what?

You think fat, lazy, entitled American kids can/will walk 10 miles for anything?

Well, we took our kids out last night, called at a dozen or so houses on our street, filled a small bag of sweets for them each, and went home.  They had a lovely time.  If you're giving out over a thousand pieces of candy within a couple of hours, that's got to be every kid within a mile in every direction of your front door and that's way, way, way beyond a bit of fun.  That's industrial candy collection.  What's the fucking point?

On halloween when my kids were younger we used haul around a red wagon with a large cooler in it filled with beer. Joined by other families doing the same and we'd make it around the neighborhood participating in "Trick or Beer". The amount of candy the kids collected was a somewhat secondary concern.

Just wanted to let you know that the tradition lives on.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2012, 04:17:09 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 01, 2012, 04:12:46 PM

Just wanted to let you know that the tradition lives on.

Intrepid Reader: Gil Gunderson

"Trick or beer? Please explain."
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 04:35:20 PM »

These aren't only neighborhood kids, or kids within a mile radius.  Our street has developed a reputation for going all out on Halloween (except for a few curmudgeons) and parents drive their kids in from Oakland, SF, Marin County and Contra Costa County.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 05:11:06 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 01, 2012, 04:35:20 PM

These aren't only neighborhood kids, or kids within a mile radius.  Our street has developed a reputation for going all out on Halloween (except for a few curmudgeons) and parents drive their kids in from Oakland, SF, Marin County and Contra Costa County.

When we lived in Phoenix (que Tonk) we used to have an influx of Mexican families bringing their kids to the neighborhood for Halloween.  We certainly didn't approach the same quantities you're talking about (though I had friends in Central Phoenix who did), but the practice of "Halloween Immigration" isn't uncommon. 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2012, 11:43:43 AM »
Last night, my girlfriend told me she needed to tell me something. She wasn't sure if she wanted to wait until she saw me in person today but it needed to be discussed. She said she had been afraid of telling me because she thought I would think less of her, that I would think she was disgusting or want her out of my life.

My head was spinning. I sat up in bed, fearing the absolute worst.

"I've decided to vote for Mitt Romney."

I was, at first, relieved. And then I became extremely annoyed. I asked her what the hell she was thinking because only last week she had talked about how repulsive she found him during the debates. She said business has been slow at her family's business this year and she's fed up with Democrats claiming they're going to fix things and accomplishing nothing.

This actually made some sense to me and while I was unable to convince her that it isn't the president's job to entice people to eat more Japanese food, I called her attention to all of the social issues that she and the G.O.P. disagreed upon. Like the Rape thing. That did the trick, I think.

I am currently researching third-party candidates because I really like this chick and I really, really want it to work out this time.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 02, 2012, 11:43:43 AM
Last night, my girlfriend told me she needed to tell me something. She wasn't sure if she wanted to wait until she saw me in person today but it needed to be discussed. She said she had been afraid of telling me because she thought I would think less of her, that I would think she was disgusting or want her out of my life.

I was, at first, relieved. And then I became extremely annoyed. I asked her what the hell she was thinking because only last week she had talked about how repulsive she found him during the debates. She said business has been slow at her family's business this year and she's fed up with Democrats claiming they're going to fix things and accomplishing nothing.

This actually made some sense to me and while I was unable to convince her that it isn't the president's job to entice people to eat more Japanese food, I called her attention to all of the social issues that she and the G.O.P. disagreed upon. Like the Rape thing. That did the trick, I think.

I am currently researching third-party candidates because I really like this chick and I really, really want it to work out this time.

Woo-Hoo, another Gary Johnson vote!

Come to the SBox and we'll hash it out, bro.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 12:57:49 PM »

Mitt Romney knows how to convince people to eat more Japanese food.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »
There used to be this league called the NHL. It was cool sometimes.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 01:05:10 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 02, 2012, 01:01:25 PM
There used to be this league called the NHL. It was cool sometimes.

Did they do stuff?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 05:38:47 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2012, 11:52:25 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 02, 2012, 12:57:49 PM

It seems that my magic has worked on her to the point that she'll vote for Obama, with no joy or expectations whatsoever. I shall do likewise.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 05, 2012, 11:52:25 AM

It seems that my magic has worked on her to the point that she'll vote for Obama, with no joy or expectations whatsoever. I shall do likewise.

So, sad ending.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2012, 04:21:56 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 05, 2012, 04:18:47 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 05, 2012, 11:52:25 AM

So, sad ending.

/Sadsack Apex

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2012, 11:12:39 AM »
She flip-flopped again. Fuck Indiana.