News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved  ( 94,827 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Morning in America: Butthurt Acheived
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 08:52:21 PM »

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 11:04:27 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 07, 2012, 04:16:41 PM
The first shot in the fiscal cliff negotiations.

QuoteHouse Speaker John Boehner offered Wednesday to pursue a deal with a victorious President Barack Obama that will include higher taxes "under the right conditions" to help reduce the nation's staggering debt and put its finances in order.

Quote"Mr. President, this is your moment," Boehner told reporters, speaking about the "fiscal cliff" that will hit in January. "We want you to lead."

Somewhat vague on deets:
QuoteThe Ohio Republican spoke a day after the president's clear re-election victory. He said conditions on higher taxes would include a revamped tax code to make it cleaner and fairer, fewer loopholes and lower rates for all.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49731550

Erskine Bowles spoke tonight at the CFA Society of Chicago's Annual Dinner. He pushed the same idea... along with much of the Simpson-Bowles plan, natch.  And, he was very optimistic that a deal would get done, although he wasn't so sure it would be in the 15 days that Congress meets before the new year.  Here's hoping, because going over the fiscal cliff would be... Bad.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 07:59:04 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on November 07, 2012, 11:04:27 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 07, 2012, 04:16:41 PM
The first shot in the fiscal cliff negotiations.

QuoteHouse Speaker John Boehner offered Wednesday to pursue a deal with a victorious President Barack Obama that will include higher taxes "under the right conditions" to help reduce the nation's staggering debt and put its finances in order.

Quote"Mr. President, this is your moment," Boehner told reporters, speaking about the "fiscal cliff" that will hit in January. "We want you to lead."

Somewhat vague on deets:
QuoteThe Ohio Republican spoke a day after the president's clear re-election victory. He said conditions on higher taxes would include a revamped tax code to make it cleaner and fairer, fewer loopholes and lower rates for all.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49731550

Erskine Bowles spoke tonight at the CFA Society of Chicago's Annual Dinner. He pushed the same idea... along with much of the Simpson-Bowles plan, natch.  And, he was very optimistic that a deal would get done, although he wasn't so sure it would be in the 15 days that Congress meets before the new year.  Here's hoping, because going over the fiscal cliff would be... Bad.

Backs will get scratched. The pressure's suddenly on Congress, since they're the next ones facing reelection. Boehner doesn't want to lose his gavel.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »
Meanwhile, in the Fringe universe:

This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 09:49:27 AM »
Butthurt Mountain: Conquered.

http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/2012/11/the-end-of-liberty-in-america-only.html

Quote...

Well, to each his own. Some may choose to push secession in their state legislatures. Others may choose to leave the U.S. for good (Costa Rica, Switzerland, Italy, Argentina, Hong Kong, Israel). Still others may want to personally separate themselves from the United States here in North America while still living under communist rule' the Glenn Beck, grab your guns, food storage, build bunkers, survivalist route. I heartily endorse all these efforts.

Express your hatred, shame, and outright disgust with anyone you know who voted Democrat

However, for me, I'm choosing another rather unique path; a personal boycott, if you will. Starting early this morning, I am going to un-friend every single individual on Facebook who voted for Obama, or I even suspect may have Democrat leanings. I will do the same in person. All family and friends, even close family and friends, who I know to be Democrats are hereby dead to me. I vow never to speak to them again for the rest of my life, or have any communications with them. They are in short, the enemies of liberty. They deserve nothing less than hatred and utter contempt.

I strongly urge all other libertarians to do the same. Are you married to someone who voted for Obama, have a girlfriend who voted 'O'. Divorce them. Break up with them without haste. Vow not to attend family functions, Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas for example, if there will be any family members in attendance who are Democrats.

Do you work for someone who voted for Obama? Quit your job. Co-workers who voted for Obama. Simply don't talk to them in the workplace, unless your boss instructs you too for work-related only purposes. Have clients who voted Democrat? Call them up this morning and tell them to take their business elsewhere.

Have a neighbor who votes for Obama? You could take a crap on their lawn. Then again, probably not a good idea since it would be technically illegal to do this. But you could have your dog take care of business. Not your fault if he just happens to choose that particular spot.

And start your boycott of your Democrat friends and family today. Like this morning. First thing you can do, very easy, is to un-friend all Democrats from your Facebook account.

Boycott Business who accept Welfare payments

Thirdly, I believe we all need to express disgust with Obama and Democrats in public places. To some extent I already do this. Example:

When I'm at the Wal-mart or grocery story I typically pay with my debit card. On the pad it comes up, "EBT, Debit, Credit, Cash." I make it a point to say loudly to the check-out clerk, "EBT, what is that for?" She inevitably says, "it's government assistance." I respond, "Oh, you mean welfare? Great. I work for a living. I'm paying for my food with my own hard-earned dollars. And other people get their food for free." And I look around with disgust, making sure others in line have heard me.

I am going to step this up. I am going to do far more of this in my life. It's going to be my personal crusade. I hope other libertarians and conservatives will eventually join me.

What I plan to do this week, is to get yard signs made up, at my own expense, that read, "EBT is for Welfare Moochers." I will put the signs out on public property off of the right-of-way so it's entirely legal, in front of every convenience store or grocery store that has a sign out saying "EBT Accepted Here." I may even do some sign waving in front of these stores, holding up my "EBT is for Welfare Moochers," sign, and waving to passers-by.

If I meet a Democrat in my life from here on out, I will shun them immediately. I will spit on the ground in front of them, being careful not to spit in their general direction so that they can't charge me with some stupid little nuisance law. Then I'll tell them in no un-certain terms: "I do not associate with Democrats. You all are communist pigs, and I have nothing but utter disgust for you. Sir/Madam, you are scum of the earth." Then I'll turn and walk the other way.

Buttons. Boy, you can have a lot of fun with this. I plan to make up a bunch of buttons, and wear them around town, sayings like "Democrats are Communist Pigs," or "Welfare moochers steal from hard-working Americans," "Only Nazis support Seat Belt laws" or "No Smoking Ban: Nanny-Staters go Fuck Yourselves."

There are so many other nasty little things I plan to do against the communists and those who support them. Perhaps I'll keep Jim informed and he can report on my activities here at LR.

For now, off to my first assignment: Telling all my friends and family who voted for Obama to "fuck off, don't ever speak to me again you slimeball mother fuckers." Wish me luck!

I'm impressed that this guy has friends to alienate in the first place.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 09:57:37 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 08, 2012, 09:49:27 AM

http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/2012/11/the-end-of-liberty-in-america-only.html

"Eric Dondero said...

No, I don't intend to "get out of my funk." Gonna post some comments here and there today, then I'm taking my leave for a very long time.

That said, on Romney I think you're dead wrong. He was the ideal candidate for Republicans. We couldn't have done any better. Good looking, hot lookin' wife. Well spoken. Fiscal not social conservative. Northeast ties, also from the Mid-west. It's almost like he came out of central casting.

No, the problem is America. Like Chuck, Ran and Jim seem to imply, Americans are moochers by nature, they are not libertarians. They want free stuff.

Too many are now on the government dole. And Democrats appeal to that. The Republican Party with its limited government and self-reliance ideology has zero appeal to these people.
    November 7, 2012 9:08 AM "

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 10:07:38 AM »

Here's something I've felt for a long time and now that this is all over, I wanted to get this out. The tag line, "Believe In America" is something in itself that would keep me from voting for Mitt.

No, it's not because it's suggesting that the other guy doesn't believe in America ("Forward" instead of "Backward").  It's because it's suggesting that religion and faith are what's needed.

I grew up in Skokie, going to a Hebrew school where it seemed every other week we had a Survivor (and not like the Curb version of Survivor) coming in to talk to us.  The message I took from that: People will hate you because of your religion and they'll try to change you or kill you.

When I see from today's GOP "Believe in America" I see "Believe in Jesus."  Especially when it comes from a guy who literally believes Jesus was here and will have a future presence in Missouri.  That loses me instantly.

If the GOP wants my regular vote, talk to me about economics and defense and foreign policy and entitlements.  Cut the God shit out.  I've got a place to go talk and learn about that, and it's not in Washington.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 10:14:03 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 08, 2012, 10:07:38 AM

Here's something I've felt for a long time and now that this is all over, I wanted to get this out. The tag line, "Believe In America" is something in itself that would keep me from voting for Mitt.

No, it's not because it's suggesting that the other guy doesn't believe in America ("Forward" instead of "Backward").  It's because it's suggesting that religion and faith are what's needed.

I grew up in Skokie, going to a Hebrew school where it seemed every other week we had a Survivor (and not like the Curb version of Survivor) coming in to talk to us.  The message I took from that: People will hate you because of your religion and they'll try to change you or kill you.

When I see from today's GOP "Believe in America" I see "Believe in Jesus."  Especially when it comes from a guy who literally believes Jesus was here and will have a future presence in Missouri.  That loses me instantly.

If the GOP wants my regular vote, talk to me about economics and defense and foreign policy and entitlements.  Cut the God shit out.  I've got a place to go talk and learn about that, and it's not in Washington.

So you didn't vote for Mitt because you didn't like his slogan (after you changed the words to it)?
As good as a reason as any I suppose.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 10:15:59 AM »
Quote from: BH on November 08, 2012, 10:14:03 AM
So you didn't vote for Mitt because you didn't like his slogan (after you changed the words to it)?
As good as a reason as any I suppose.

There were plenty of reasons not to vote for him. But that one is a subtle one that tunes me out to almost everything else.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 10:24:03 AM »
That's our Chuck!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 10:24:40 AM »
Quote from: BH on November 08, 2012, 09:57:37 AM

"Eric Dondero said...

No, I don't intend to "get out of my funk." Gonna post some comments here and there today, then I'm taking my leave for a very long time.

That said, on Romney I think you're dead wrong. He was the ideal candidate for Republicans. We couldn't have done any better. Good looking, hot lookin' wife. Well spoken. Fiscal not social conservative. Northeast ties, also from the Mid-west. It's almost like he came out of central casting.

No, the problem is America. Like Chuck, Ran and Jim seem to imply, Americans are moochers by nature, they are not libertarians. They want free stuff.

Too many are now on the government dole. And Democrats appeal to that. The Republican Party with its limited government and self-reliance ideology has zero appeal to these people.

QuoteEric Dondero said...
I say we've got two to three years left before they start rounding up dissenters and sending us off to Nazi-style concentration camps. I've got a little more time, cause I live in Texas.

Arizona is a good place to be for now. But New York, Iowa, Michigan, Massachusetts, PA beware. You're vastly on the road to complete authoritarianism and statism. Grab your guns, protect what few things you have left. You're living in Nazi Germany circa 1933-34.

This isn't real, right?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 10:29:31 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 08, 2012, 10:24:40 AM

"Eric Dondero said...

I say we've got two to three years left before they start rounding up dissenters and sending us off to Nazi-style concentration camps. I've got a little more time, cause I live in Texas.

Arizona is a good place to be for now. But New York, Iowa, Michigan, Massachusetts, PA beware. You're vastly on the road to complete authoritarianism and statism. Grab your guns, protect what few things you have left. You're living in Nazi Germany circa 1933-34.

This isn't real, right?

Secret Service...SS...WE'RE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS, PEOPLE!!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 10:31:18 AM »

"Eric Dondero said...

This isn't real, right?

Yep, instead of continuing to try and work for what they believe in their answer is to pout and "grab guns". That's fucking awesome.

Obama's great plan to seize guns after an arduous first 4 years and then a challenging re-election campaign is finally in place. SNEAK ATTACK GIMME YO GUNS.

I'm also looking forward to all the free stuff I'm supposed to be getting.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 10:33:49 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 08, 2012, 10:31:18 AM

"Eric Dondero said...

This isn't real, right?

Yep, instead of continuing to try and work for what they believe in their answer is to pout and "grab guns". That's fucking awesome.

Obama's great plan to seize guns after an arduous first 4 years and then a challenging re-election campaign is finally in place. SNEAK ATTACK GIMME YO GUNS.

I'm also looking forward to all the free stuff I'm supposed to be getting.

Well, there's also the "threat" of leaving the country, which has been made by assholes on both sides since the 2000 election (and probably before).  Thank goodness most of these people don't follow through on it, I'd hate to lose their contributions to society.