News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved  ( 94,844 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved
« Reply #315 on: January 09, 2013, 12:09:48 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on January 08, 2013, 05:24:18 PM
Quote from: flannj on January 08, 2013, 11:33:33 AM
Quote from: morpheus on January 08, 2013, 11:04:15 AM
Quote from: flannj on January 07, 2013, 02:09:51 PM

The face of that coin is going to need something big.

I think even Gil will find this perfectly acceptable legal tender.

"In Big Cheyenne we trust"

Per google translate:

In Big Cheyennensi nos confĂ­dimus. Videamus quam quomodo hoc ludit ex

Makes about as much sense as the debt cieling vote itself does.

That "-si" seems improbable.

[Edit.--I'm calling erroneously formed locative plural that hinges on the "In."]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: January 09, 2013, 08:43:57 AM »
Some might say this isn't a very generous way to treat a waiter, but I applaud morph for his honesty.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: January 09, 2013, 09:54:11 AM »
Quote from: R-V on January 09, 2013, 08:43:57 AM
Some might say this isn't a very generous way to treat a waiter, but I applaud morph for his honesty.

They could save on paper and ink costs by simply printing "I'm an asshole".  Of course, anyone who used that and returned would get more than their fair share of the service staff's bodily fluids.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: January 09, 2013, 09:58:41 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 09, 2013, 12:09:48 AM
Quote from: thehawk on January 08, 2013, 05:24:18 PM
Quote from: flannj on January 08, 2013, 11:33:33 AM
Quote from: morpheus on January 08, 2013, 11:04:15 AM
Quote from: flannj on January 07, 2013, 02:09:51 PM

The face of that coin is going to need something big.

I think even Gil will find this perfectly acceptable legal tender.

"In Big Cheyenne we trust"

Per google translate:

In Big Cheyennensi nos confĂ­dimus. Videamus quam quomodo hoc ludit ex

Makes about as much sense as the debt cieling vote itself does.

That "-si" seems improbable.

[Edit.--I'm calling erroneously formed locative plural that hinges on the "In."]

DPD.  I will note that with Mr. Schmidt when he gets back from Pyongyang, but clearly this belongs on the obverse

Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: January 09, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »

Why did the guy have to go out to eat if he couldn't afford the tip?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: January 09, 2013, 10:37:09 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 09, 2013, 10:32:00 AM

"I'm going to use two democratically elected outcomes that I don't agree with as an excuse to save 20 bucks because I'm an asshole."

Better.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2013, 11:41:42 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 09, 2013, 10:37:09 AM

"I'm going to use two democratically elected outcomes that I don't agree with as an excuse to save 20 bucks because I'm an asshole."

Better.

Yes

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: January 09, 2013, 12:46:10 PM »

This is literally AND figuratively something that gets my goat about people who don't tip for shit.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: January 09, 2013, 01:05:15 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 09, 2013, 12:46:10 PM

This is literally AND figuratively something that gets my goat about people who don't tip for shit.

S/he's obviously doing well enough where their income is being affected by these tax increases, so why is it such a big deal to throw down an extra $20 or something?

Unless your server is Governor Brown or the President, I don't really understand the point of such a protest.  What's the server going to say?  "You know, these tax increases are a big deal and I should contact my Congressman!"
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: January 09, 2013, 02:01:58 PM »
Suck it, Gil. Suck that trilly hard.

QuoteAt the White House Briefing, Jay Carney doesn't embrace, but doesn't fully rule out the $1 trillion coin option

QuoteCarney will not take the $1 trillion coin off the table

Quote@chucktodd has asked Jay Carney about 6 times about the coin.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: January 09, 2013, 02:03:23 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 09, 2013, 02:01:58 PM

QuoteAt the White House Briefing, Jay Carney doesn't embrace, but doesn't fully rule out the $1 trillion coin option

It's still a dumb, legally tendentious, and potentially inflationary idea that I can't imagine this White House would endorse.

Just raise the fucking debt ceiling.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: January 09, 2013, 02:05:52 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 09, 2013, 01:05:15 PM
Quote from: Bort on January 09, 2013, 12:46:10 PM

S/he's obviously doing well enough where their income is being affected by these tax increases, so why is it such a big deal to throw down an extra $20 or something?

Unless your server is Governor Brown or the President, I don't really understand the point of such a protest.  What's the server going to say?  "You know, these tax increases are a big deal and I should contact my Congressman!"

I'm gonna tell you something. Somebody messes with me, I'm gonna mess with with him. Somebody steals from me, I'm gonna say you stole. Not talk to him for spitting on the sidewalk. Understand? Now, I have done nothing to harm these people but they are angered with me, so what do they do, doctor up some income tax, for which they have no case. To speak to me like me, no, to harass a peaceful man. I pray to god if I ever had a grievance I'd have a little more self respect. One more thing, you have an all out prize fight, you wait until the fight is over, one guy is left standing. And that's how you know who won.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: January 11, 2013, 10:43:08 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 09, 2013, 02:03:23 PM

It's still a dumb, legally tendentious, and potentially inflationary idea that I can't imagine this White House would endorse.

How could you look down on a solution initially proposed by one of your beloved internet commenters?

QuoteIt was a December 2009 Wall Street Journal article that ultimately inspired the Georgia lawyer known online as "Beowulf" to invent the trillion-dollar coin.

The article, "Miles for Nothing," detailed how clever travelers were buying commemorative coins from the U.S. Mint via credit cards that award frequent flier miles. The Mint would ship the coins for free and the travelers would deposit them at the bank, pay off their cards, and accumulate free miles.

More than six months later, during a wonky online discussion about the debt ceiling, Beowulf thought of the article and, egged on by fellow monetary-system obsessives, came up with his own clever plan to exploit the powers of the U.S. Mint. His idea to issue a single trillion-dollar coin to the U.S. Treasury, thus letting it avoid borrowing and bypass the debt ceiling, is now much discussed among Washington elites, including at the White House, where a spokesman Wednesday wouldn't rule out the scheme.

Also, the co-author of the law says you can take your interpretation of this as "legally tendentious" and shove it up your coin slot.

QuoteThe coin hack even surprised and impressed former U.S. Mint director Philip Diehl, who co-authored the law that enabled the platinum loophole in the first place.

"When I first heard about the idea to mint a trillion-dollar coin, I was very surprised," says Diehl. "But because I know that law backwards and forwards, I knew immediately that the guy who came up with the idea was right.

"It's an ingenious use of the law to avoid a ridiculous and irresponsible situation, in which the country would be driven to default."

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: January 11, 2013, 11:39:08 AM »
Quote from: R-V on January 11, 2013, 10:43:08 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 09, 2013, 02:03:23 PM

How could you look down on a solution initially proposed by one of your beloved internet commenters?

He's just maneuvering for the creation of coins struck from helium.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!