News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved  ( 94,842 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved
« Reply #705 on: November 05, 2014, 01:53:51 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 05, 2014, 01:34:17 PM
Quote from: CBStew on November 05, 2014, 01:12:59 PM
Quote from: SKO on November 05, 2014, 12:23:31 PM
I'm pretty sure Joni Ernst is on track to be the next Sarah Palin. Sorry everybody.
Why wouldn't we want another Sarah?  The only question is who will play Joni on Saturday Night Live?

Don't care so long as Ryan Theriot is the hog.

Nobody should be the hog without having been a piglet!
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #706 on: November 05, 2014, 03:24:56 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 05, 2014, 01:53:51 PM
I'm pretty sure Joni Ernst is on track to be the next Sarah Palin. Sorry everybody.
Why wouldn't we want another Sarah?  The only question is who will play Joni on Saturday Night Live?

The hog castrating got national attention but was shamed out of existence relatively quickly. It was the stupid "when I worked at a restaurant (fucking Hardee's) I knew the key to a good biscuit was a lot of fat. Unfortunately that's the same way congress treats spending" bullshit that truly ran my mind through the blender. And "MOTHER. SOLDIER. FARMER" repeated ad infinitum. Guh.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #707 on: November 05, 2014, 04:07:20 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 05, 2014, 03:24:56 PM

The hog castrating got national attention but was shamed out of existence relatively quickly. It was the stupid "when I worked at a restaurant (fucking Hardee's) I knew the key to a good biscuit was a lot of fat. Unfortunately that's the same way congress treats spending" bullshit that truly ran my mind through the blender. And "MOTHER. SOLDIER. FARMER" repeated ad infinitum. Guh.

I was thinking today: Do you think Joni Ernst has the record for most pig scrotums touched by a member of Congress? After 5 minutes of research, I found that Sen. Lauch Faircloth R-NC was a hog farmer. He was born in 1928, is still alive, and only served one term which gives him a lot of opportunity compared to Ernst. That said, I couldn't find any record where he definitively said that he touched a pig scrotum, so that makes me lean toward Ernst. vv

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #708 on: November 05, 2014, 04:10:34 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 05, 2014, 04:07:20 PM
Quote from: SKO on November 05, 2014, 03:24:56 PM

I was thinking today: Do you think Joni Ernst has the record for most pig scrotums touched by a member of Congress? After 5 minutes of research, I found that Sen. Lauch Faircloth R-NC was a hog farmer. He was born in 1928, is still alive, and only served one term which gives him a lot of opportunity compared to Ernst. That said, I couldn't find any record where he definitively said that he touched a pig scrotum, so that makes me lean toward Ernst. vv

Never stop being you.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #709 on: December 10, 2015, 09:22:22 PM »
How is this not an Onion article?

QuoteCHICAGO -- Easily the biggest (and most recognizable) Cubs fan spoke out against Mayor Rahm Emanuel at a news conference Thursday.

Ronnie "Woo Woo" Wickers said that if Emanuel knew about the video of Laquan McDonald getting shot 16 times by a Chicago police officer, then he should resign.

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #710 on: December 11, 2015, 11:32:07 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 10, 2015, 09:22:22 PM

QuoteCHICAGO -- Easily the biggest (and most recognizable) Cubs fan spoke out against Mayor Rahm Emanuel at a news conference Thursday.

Ronnie "Woo Woo" Wickers said that if Emanuel knew about the video of Laquan McDonald getting shot 16 times by a Chicago police officer, then he should resign.

This puts me in the weird position of agreeing with him.

I need a shower.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #711 on: December 11, 2015, 11:59:35 AM »
Quote from: Bort on December 11, 2015, 11:32:07 AM

I need a shower.

It's not exactly a controversial stance.  It's not even edgy or marginal.  I think it's pretty mainstream, from what I'd heard lately.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #712 on: December 11, 2015, 12:19:13 PM »

I need a shower.

Not as much as Woo Woo does.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #713 on: December 11, 2015, 12:25:10 PM »
Quote from: flannj on December 11, 2015, 12:19:13 PM

I need a shower.

Not as much as Woo Woo does.

Let's call it a tie.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #714 on: December 11, 2015, 01:23:24 PM »

San Franciscans love their civic history, part of which includes a character named Joshua Norton, who crowned himself as the Emperor of the United States in the latter half of the 19th Century. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton
He dressed himself in a colorful outfit and walked around San Francisco living off of the free meals that the amused citizens bestowed upon him.  He issued many proclamations and gave orders do make civic improvements, one of which was to build a bridge connecting Oakland and San Francisco.  (Clearly insane!)  Chicago has its own Emperor Norton, except instead of a plumed hat he goes around in a Cubs uniform.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #715 on: December 11, 2015, 01:24:11 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 11, 2015, 01:23:24 PM

San Franciscans love their civic history, part of which includes a character named Joshua Norton, who crowned himself as the Emperor of the United States in the latter half of the 19th Century. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton
He dressed himself in a colorful outfit and walked around San Francisco living off of the free meals that the amused citizens bestowed upon him.  He issued many proclamations and gave orders do make civic improvements, one of which was to build a bridge connecting Oakland and San Francisco.  (Clearly insane!)  Chicago has its own Emperor Norton, except instead of a plumed hat he goes around in a Cubs uniform.

I assume you're talking about Huey.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #716 on: December 11, 2015, 01:30:55 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 11, 2015, 01:24:11 PM
Quote from: CBStew on December 11, 2015, 01:23:24 PM

I assume you're talking about Huey.

But I still prefer to go by Emperor Norton.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs