News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jorge Soler Zero Percent Financing Thud On The Shower Door SPLOOGE Fest  ( 67,925 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jorge Soler Zero Percent Financing Thud On The Shower Door SPLOOGE Fest
« Reply #330 on: September 23, 2015, 09:15:53 AM »
Quote from: CT III on September 23, 2015, 09:08:39 AM
Quote from: PANK! on September 23, 2015, 12:18:22 AM
Quote from: CT III on September 22, 2015, 11:22:05 PM
I was lucky enough to attend tonight's game, and even luckier that our group ended up with some passes to go onto the field during batting practice. We saw the Cubs final couple of groups and I now completely understand how a scout can fall in love with a player.  The hitters were mostly just timing up pitches and taking what appeared nice, easy swings.  The difference between Soler and everyone else was that he was taking these effortless cuts and just smashing line drives that were landing 10-15 rows up in the left field bleachers.  I'm still a little hard just thinking about it.

Where'd ya sit?  That fading Internet Star Kermit came by my seats for a few innings.  If only Fork were there, too, we could've re-created the founding of Hockeenight.

Section 127, on the first base line towards the home plate end of the visitors dugout. 

Not sure you can really re-create the founding of Hockeenight without having Bobby Howry there to pee all over himself on the mound though.

And then being attacked by a dudebro in cargo shorts and a Cubs home jersey.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: September 23, 2015, 09:51:59 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 23, 2015, 09:15:53 AM
I was lucky enough to attend tonight's game, and even luckier that our group ended up with some passes to go onto the field during batting practice. We saw the Cubs final couple of groups and I now completely understand how a scout can fall in love with a player.  The hitters were mostly just timing up pitches and taking what appeared nice, easy swings.  The difference between Soler and everyone else was that he was taking these effortless cuts and just smashing line drives that were landing 10-15 rows up in the left field bleachers.  I'm still a little hard just thinking about it.

Where'd ya sit?  That fading Internet Star Kermit came by my seats for a few innings.  If only Fork were there, too, we could've re-created the founding of Hockeenight.

Section 127, on the first base line towards the home plate end of the visitors dugout. 

Not sure you can really re-create the founding of Hockeenight without having Bobby Howry there to pee all over himself on the mound though.

Some of the best times I've ever had at a ballgame have been with you assholes.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: September 23, 2015, 10:06:22 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on September 23, 2015, 09:51:59 AM

#1 on the list, though, would have to be the makeup game in September 2007, when we cheered on a  golden sombrero for Ankiel and alienated another Desipiot's seatneighbors
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: September 23, 2015, 10:23:51 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 23, 2015, 10:06:22 AM

#1 on the list, though, would have to be the makeup game in September 2007, when we cheered on a  golden sombrero for Ankiel and alienated another Desipiot's seatneighbors

And trolled the shit out of Viva El Birdos without even touching a computer.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: September 23, 2015, 11:01:07 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on September 23, 2015, 10:23:51 AM
Quote from: PANK! on September 23, 2015, 10:06:22 AM

And trolled the shit out of Viva El Birdos without even touching a computer.

And punched out Steve Garvey at Sluggers afterward.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: September 23, 2015, 09:06:48 PM »
Power hitting Jorge has come to haunt your fucking nightmares, NL playoff contenders
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: October 12, 2015, 07:34:45 PM »
How the fuck have we not bumped this yet?  Jorge is god. MLB record for most times reaching base to start a playoff career
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: October 12, 2015, 07:40:49 PM »
Maybe it'd be cheaper to just keep replacing shower curtains.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: October 13, 2015, 09:43:28 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 29, 2014, 10:22:36 PM
It'd probably be cheaper to just get a washable plastic shower liner, guys.

I knew you'd made the same joke before.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: October 13, 2015, 09:59:53 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 25, 2013, 10:03:16 AM
Quote from: BH on February 25, 2013, 09:43:46 AM
He seems different, in that he isn't striking out on 4 pitches every at bat..  and you'd have to think the minor league instructors will have a plan for the first time in forever.. I'm not sure what to think, it's an odd feeling. Baez, Soler, vizcaino, vogelbach all seem like legit prospects. And we have the #2 pick in the draft. What a time to be alive.

Don't forget Almora. He's going to be a fucking beast. I still wouldn't cash out on Brett Jackson or Josh Vitters just yet either.

This is very disconcerting.

Kris Bryant mended so many broken hearts.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: October 13, 2015, 10:01:43 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 13, 2015, 09:43:28 AM

The joke doesn't even make sense.

Zero Percent Financing, Eli!

Considering inflation, it's like Jorge is paying us to thud on our shower doors.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: October 13, 2015, 10:20:39 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 13, 2015, 10:01:43 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 13, 2015, 09:43:28 AM

The joke doesn't even make sense.

Zero Percent Financing, Eli!

Considering inflation, it's like Jorge is paying us to thud on our shower doors.

So, 0% on a  DreamLine Enigma-X 56-in to 60-in W x 76-in H Frameless Sliding Shower Door for $924.11 is cheaper than a Hookless EVA/PEVA Frosty White Solid Shower Liner for $11.98 even at 21.99% APR credit card rates?

The financing isn't the whole cost, kids.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: October 13, 2015, 10:23:39 AM »
Don't forget Almora. He's going to be a fucking beast. I still wouldn't cash out on Brett Jackson or Josh Vitters just yet either.

Fork is literally the very, very worst scout ever.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #343 on: October 13, 2015, 10:32:45 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 13, 2015, 10:23:39 AM

The Cubs being awesome is far more important than me being right.
TIME TO POST!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: October 13, 2015, 10:36:35 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 13, 2015, 10:32:45 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 13, 2015, 10:23:39 AM

The Cubs being awesome is far more important than me being right.

So you're not Al Yellon then?