News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jorge Soler Zero Percent Financing Thud On The Shower Door SPLOOGE Fest  ( 68,146 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jorge Soler Zero Percent Financing Thud On The Shower Door SPLOOGE Fest
« Reply #405 on: April 19, 2016, 11:08:54 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2016, 11:02:33 AM
Quote from: CT III on April 19, 2016, 10:16:11 AM
So, speed of the ball off the bat is going to be the new thing around here, huh?

It's kind of the new BABIP, if used correctly it'll tell you which hitters are having good/bad luck and are going to regress/break out. If used incorrectly it's just really annoying.

Reminds me of when Starlin hit one 107 mph and it was caught during the Mets series. They said the league was hitting something like .738 on balls hit that hard. Then Murphy hit one 86 mph out to right off Arrieta or some shit and I began cutting myself.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #406 on: April 19, 2016, 11:18:15 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 19, 2016, 11:08:54 AM
So, speed of the ball off the bat is going to be the new thing around here, huh?

It's kind of the new BABIP, if used correctly it'll tell you which hitters are having good/bad luck and are going to regress/break out. If used incorrectly it's just really annoying.

Reminds me of when Starlin hit one 107 mph and it was caught during the Mets series. They said the league was hitting something like .738 on balls hit that hard. Then Murphy hit one 86 mph out to right off Arrieta or some shit and I began cutting myself.

That home run Murphy hit off Arrieta was definitely a sign from whatever deity you do or don't believe in that the series was not going to go the Cubs way. I think I read at the time that only 3 balls hit that softly went for home runs all year long, and that one somehow hit the wind tunnel just right and carried out for a 3 run dong in game 2 of the fucking NLCS.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #407 on: April 19, 2016, 11:34:07 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2016, 11:18:15 AM

That home run Murphy hit off Arrieta was definitely a sign from whatever deity you do or don't believe in that the series was not going to go the Cubs way. I think I read at the time that only 3 balls hit that softly went for home runs all year long, and that one somehow hit the wind tunnel just right and carried out for a 3 run dong in game 2 of the fucking NLCS.

If you watch a replay of that homer, you can actually pinpoint the second when our hearts ripped in half.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #408 on: April 19, 2016, 12:07:05 PM »
Quote from: Tony on April 19, 2016, 11:34:07 AM

If you watch a replay of that homer, you can actually pinpoint the second when our hearts ripped in half.

I choo-choo-choose the Cubs *sob*
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #409 on: April 19, 2016, 12:09:06 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 19, 2016, 12:07:05 PM

I choo-choo-choose the Cubs *sob*

Fucking Murphy.

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #410 on: April 19, 2016, 12:45:55 PM »

Low point of the year.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #411 on: April 19, 2016, 03:14:45 PM »
Quote from: flannj on April 19, 2016, 12:45:55 PM

Low point of the year.

Why the fuck are we talking about this?  THE 2016 CUBS ARE HERE, BITCHEZ!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #412 on: April 19, 2016, 03:57:18 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 19, 2016, 03:14:45 PM

Low point of the year.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #413 on: April 19, 2016, 04:51:35 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 19, 2016, 03:57:18 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 19, 2016, 03:14:45 PM

Low point of the year.

When you're right, you're right.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #414 on: April 20, 2016, 08:28:00 AM »
How is someone so obviously athletic so bad at defense?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #415 on: April 20, 2016, 08:31:01 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 20, 2016, 08:28:00 AM

He looks way too timid out there and really unsure of himself. Is anyone coaching him?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #416 on: April 20, 2016, 08:41:06 AM »

I saw someone immediately go into rhetorical gymnastics to defend that play when you wondered something similar on Twitter last night and I could only shake my head.  What's the point?  I fucking love Jorge but it's fair to wonder what.  The Fuck.  Was that.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #417 on: April 20, 2016, 08:50:19 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 20, 2016, 08:41:06 AM

I saw someone immediately go into rhetorical gymnastics to defend that play when you wondered something similar on Twitter last night and I could only shake my head.  What's the point?  I fucking love Jorge but it's fair to wonder what.  The Fuck.  Was that.

Are you talking about that Adam Brown guy? That was bizarre. Arguing with Sahadev about how Jorge was "learning a new position" and "didn't know where the wall was." It's a fucking wall, man. It's not that hard to figure out where a wall is.

That was a bad play no matter how you spin it. It doesn't mean he can't ever get better on defense (Or that he even really needs to if he hits like he's capable of hitting), just admit he fucked that one up, man, and move on.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #418 on: April 20, 2016, 08:57:10 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 20, 2016, 08:50:19 AM
Are you talking about that Adam Brown guy? That was bizarre. Arguing with Sahadev about how Jorge was "learning a new position" and "didn't know where the wall was." It's a fucking wall, man. It's not that hard to figure out where a wall is.

Like I said on Twitter at the time, he's going to be the new Starlin for Cubs fans. Some people are going to jump on every misplayed ball or awkward swing, and some people are going to contort themselves to defend anything he does because of that first group of people. It's going to suck.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #419 on: April 20, 2016, 08:58:49 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 20, 2016, 08:57:10 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 20, 2016, 08:50:19 AM

Like I said on Twitter at the time, he's going to be the new Starlin for Cubs fans. Some people are going to jump on every misplayed ball or awkward swing, and some people are going to contort themselves to defend anything he does because of that first group of people. It's going to suck.

So, just like everything else on twitter or any other social medium?