News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jorge Soler Zero Percent Financing Thud On The Shower Door SPLOOGE Fest  ( 68,072 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on May 12, 2016, 12:25:36 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 12, 2016, 11:12:48 AM
I'm a little worried.

About Soler or the possibility of Kurtshopped image?

I'm not going to lie, I'm a fucking mess over both.

If it helps there's a guy on twitter who is very adamant with everyone that Jorge Soler is still an above average player so long as you discount this year's stats, include the playoffs, ignore that defense and baserunning are things that matter, and that it's reasonable to expect a corner OF to hit better than a modestly good offensive second baseman.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on May 12, 2016, 12:31:05 PM
I'm a little worried.

If it helps there's a guy on twitter who is very adamant with everyone that Jorge Soler is still an above average player so long as you discount this year's stats, include the playoffs, ignore that defense and baserunning are things that matter, and that it's reasonable to expect a corner OF to hit better than a modestly good offensive second baseman.

Well that's good because in my experience there's always a guy on twitter who thinks whatever.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on May 12, 2016, 12:32:10 PM
I'm a little worried.

Well that's good because in my experience there's always a guy on twitter who thinks whatever.

yeah but usually that guy is me
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
I'm a little worried.

I'll do my best to calm the situation now: I no longer have an active photoshop subscription with Adobe, and I don't like the alternative that I bought for my iMac. Barring an unforeseen circumstance, my photoshop days are probably over. But we'll always have Scarlos.
M'lady.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I'm a little worried.

I'm starting to think my Twitter feed would be a lot less annoying if I stopped following grown-assed men who call themselves "Tommy".

Seriously, there're like 4 of the people.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on May 12, 2016, 03:47:11 PM
I'm a little worried.

I'm starting to think my Twitter feed would be a lot less annoying if I stopped following grown-assed man who call themselves "Tommy".

Intrepid Readers Tommy Hunter and Tommy La Stella:

Not cool, man.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I'm a little worried.

I'm starting to think my Twitter feed would be a lot less annoying if I stopped following grown-assed men who call themselves "Tommy".

You got a problem?

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on May 12, 2016, 04:49:25 PM
I'm a little worried.

You got a problem?

What are we talking about? I didn't hear anything.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on May 19, 2016, 03:05:22 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 11, 2016, 09:34:34 PM
/thread

Did we just throw him in the To Angels For Trout box?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Bort on May 12, 2016, 04:59:52 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 12, 2016, 04:49:25 PM
I'm a little worried.

You got a problem?

What are we talking about? I didn't hear anything.

Come follow us, Huey.

(Pasta-Loving Tommy and Pitching Disease Tommy)

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
We need more of this from Soler, especially if Heyward's out for any length of time. That running catch at the wall was huge.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Much, much better from Jorge last night.  What I particularly liked yesterday was not so much the home run, but the two walks that preceded it, because it shows he's not panicking.  I know Joe talks a lot about process over results: hopefully this is the start of Jorge getting his results.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on May 25, 2016, 03:27:40 AM
Much, much better from Jorge last night.  What I particularly liked yesterday was not so much the home run, but the two walks that preceded it, because it shows he's not panicking.  I know Joe talks a lot about process over results: hopefully this is the start of Jorge getting his results.

At the very least it seems the Cardinals always bring out the best in Jorge. If he has to pick just one team to consistently dominate, I'd say he's made the right choice. Feels like he deposits one onto the grass beyond the CF wall every time they go down there.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
I'd like to see him get hotter than a freshly fucked fox in a flaming, fuel-fed forest fire from here until about November. I'll just walk around the internet with both middle fingers held up. Maybe get a Soler tattoo or something drastic before he blows up the sun.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.