News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Butthurt  ( 14,678 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Butthurt
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 08:05:54 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 11, 2013, 09:42:09 PM
Quote from: Eli on June 11, 2013, 08:22:33 PM
Theo for the win.

Quote"If that were to change and Ian would excel at the Triple-A level, we would consider calling him back up here. In the meantime, we are very happy with our production at third and Ian is working on trying to figure out Triple-A pitching."

Saw it on TV as Theo was interviewed pre-game and had the same reaction.  Actually to watch Theo say it is better because he plays it straight--no cattiness in the tone but the slight was still unmistakable.   Love this man.

This is the baseball version of Yetti getting pwned of Fro's site.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2013, 10:09:32 AM »
Hey Phil Esposito, why so butthurt?

Quote"You want to know the truth," said Esposito, the fifth-leading goal scorer in hockey history. "This series doesn't mean s*** to me.

"I have no feeling for these teams. There's nothing emotional about it. They both got rid of me, traded me. So screw them."
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2013, 10:35:24 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 13, 2013, 10:09:32 AM

Quote"You want to know the truth," said Esposito, the fifth-leading goal scorer in hockey history. "This series doesn't mean s*** to me.

"I have no feeling for these teams. There's nothing emotional about it. They both got rid of me, traded me. So screw them."

Because Bostink is terrible.

Like William Wadsworth Wirtz terrible...

QuoteIt is not so harsh for Tony Esposito, now, that the ownership and management of the Blackhawks changed after the death of owner Bill Wirtz. He has been welcomed back, will be in the building Wednesday night for Game 1 of the final, feels like he's a part of something special.

"For several years, it wasn't this way," said 70-year-old Tony. "I don't know why, but the whole organization was mired in mud. They couldn't get anything going. Things were bad, I mean really bad.

"There was no connection with the past, the old players. It's completely different now. They're bringing me in for things all the time. I feel like a part of something."

He feels that way. His brother does not.

Tony Esposito doesn't understand why Phil isn't more a part of popular Bruins history, why he's kept at arms length by management and ownership.

"Tony works for them now," said Phil. "Rocky Wirtz and those guys, they have treated my brother like gold. Ever since Bob Pulford got out of there and Billy Wirtz passed -- and I liked Billy Wirtz -- they took care of Tony like they should have taken care of him forever."

Said Tony: "Phil rarely gets invited to anything from the Bruins. He's like an outcast. You think of what he did for them. He should be part of everything they do. I don't know why there's no relationship there, but there's no relationship there."
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2013, 10:39:14 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 13, 2013, 10:35:24 AM
Quote from: PANK! on June 13, 2013, 10:09:32 AM

Because Bostink is terrible.

Like William Wadsworth Wirtz terrible...

QuoteIt is not so harsh for Tony Esposito, now, that the ownership and management of the Blackhawks changed after the death of owner Bill Wirtz. He has been welcomed back, will be in the building Wednesday night for Game 1 of the final, feels like he's a part of something special.

"For several years, it wasn't this way," said 70-year-old Tony. "I don't know why, but the whole organization was mired in mud. They couldn't get anything going. Things were bad, I mean really bad.

"There was no connection with the past, the old players. It's completely different now. They're bringing me in for things all the time. I feel like a part of something."

He feels that way. His brother does not.

Tony Esposito doesn't understand why Phil isn't more a part of popular Bruins history, why he's kept at arms length by management and ownership.

"Tony works for them now," said Phil. "Rocky Wirtz and those guys, they have treated my brother like gold. Ever since Bob Pulford got out of there and Billy Wirtz passed -- and I liked Billy Wirtz -- they took care of Tony like they should have taken care of him forever."

Said Tony: "Phil rarely gets invited to anything from the Bruins. He's like an outcast. You think of what he did for them. He should be part of everything they do. I don't know why there's no relationship there, but there's no relationship there."

Okay, so his butthurt at Boston is understandable.  But why so butthurt at the Hawks?  They sent him to a team with Bobby Orr where he was able to capture 2 Stanley Cups and establish himself as the premier scorer in the league. If anyone should be butthurt, it's Hawks fans.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2013, 10:41:46 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 13, 2013, 10:39:14 AM

Okay, so his butthurt at Boston is understandable.  But why so butthurt at the Hawks?  They sent him to a team with Bobby Orr where he was able to capture 2 Stanley Cups and establish himself as the premier scorer in the league. If anyone should be butthurt, it's Hawks fans.

He did the 60s version of Ian Stewart, walking up to GM Tommy Ivan and telling him that the Hawks would never win a title as long as he and Billy Reay were running things. He and Ken Hodge were gone, and Pit Martin was here in very short order.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2013, 12:22:59 PM »
I don't know where to post this and I don't want to start a new thread, so this will do because I am butthurt  by this and I don't want to start a new thread.  In this morning's Chronicle I read that in Afghanistan a doctor was stoned to death for examining a female patient without a female chaperone in the room and a 14 year old boy selling coffee was beheaded for reusing to serve a Taliban.  I wondered why we are even bothering in that uncivilized part of the world?  Then, in the same paper I read that a 23 year old was shot to death in North Oakland on the evening of his graduation when he got out of his car to exchange information with the driver of the car that had just rear-ended him.  Who are we to talk about bringing civilization to the rest of the world?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2013, 12:34:29 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 14, 2013, 12:22:59 PM
I don't know where to post this and I don't want to start a new thread, so this will do because I am butthurt  by this and I don't want to start a new thread.  In this morning's Chronicle I read that in Afghanistan a doctor was stoned to death for examining a female patient without a female chaperone in the room and a 14 year old boy selling coffee was beheaded for reusing to serve a Taliban.  I wondered why we are even bothering in that uncivilized part of the world?  Then, in the same paper I read that a 23 year old was shot to death in North Oakland on the evening of his graduation when he got out of his car to exchange information with the driver of the car that had just rear-ended him.  Who are we to talk about bringing civilization to the rest of the world?

http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/Emeryville-man-slain-after-Oakland-crash-4598670.php
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2013, 01:11:46 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 14, 2013, 12:34:29 PM
Quote from: CBStew on June 14, 2013, 12:22:59 PM

http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/Emeryville-man-slain-after-Oakland-crash-4598670.php

My Mother-in-Law works at a hospital in Downtown Oakland (and up until recently lived in Emeryville.)

She is frequently telling us the news from that neck of the woods (including a recent story about a paramedic who was killed by 4 kids in broad daylight) and for the life of me I cannot understand what goes on there. 

I'm sure Oakland isn't unique to horrible displays of humanity (for God's sake they killed an innocent elk here in Boulder) but it sure seems like good reason to continue to insist that she come here to visit rather than taking the family there.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to book flights for us to come to the safe haven of Chicago this summer.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2013, 01:49:08 PM »
No discussion of butthurt can omit this guy, who was selling "Chicago Stronger" shirts weeks after some jagoff got ripped to shreds for having a "Toronto Stronger" sign.

He claims the people who told him to eat shit didn't read the original description, allthough, I'm not too sure he's making his case any stronger:

We love Boston and support/admire his people,  but cannot stomach the use of the nation's sympathy or believe that the homicidal lunacy of two disturbed locals has rendered its teams invincible.

Christ on a bike.
TIME TO POST!

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2013, 02:08:17 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 14, 2013, 01:49:08 PM
No discussion of butthurt can omit this guy, who was selling "Chicago Stronger" shirts weeks after some jagoff got ripped to shreds for having a "Toronto Stronger" sign.

He claims the people who told him to eat shit didn't read the original description, allthough, I'm not too sure he's making his case any stronger:

We love Boston and support/admire his people,  but cannot stomach the use of the nation's sympathy or believe that the homicidal lunacy of two disturbed locals has rendered its teams invincible.

Christ on a bike.

A couple of years ago my son and I were leaving ATT Park (or whatever its name was that year) after watching the Cubs predictably lose to the Giants.  I expressed the opinion that beating the Cubs was not necessarily an indicator that the Giants were a good team (although they were).  We were overheard by a Giants' fan who offered to physically demonstrate how superior he was to a gray haired, Oleg sized Cubs' fan.  Being out numbered by about 200 to 2 my son and I chose discretion over valor and pretended not to notice him.  My son has made it clear that he will no longer go to Giants' games with me if I wear a Cubs' hat or shirt.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2013, 09:58:38 PM »
NBC is in HD here.  NBCSN is not.  NBCstink is terrible.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2013, 11:53:57 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 15, 2013, 09:58:38 PM
NBC is in HD here.  NBCSN is not.  NBCstink is terrible.

If it makes you feel better, the NBCSN HD feed went out in the first period and didn't come back on by me until the third.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2013, 10:09:20 AM »
I am thoroughly butthurt that I haven't had so much as a nibble for this.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2013, 02:53:44 AM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2013, 05:25:52 PM »