News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Butthurt  ( 14,688 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Butthurt
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2013, 11:55:17 AM »
TPD.

Matt Garza: Butthurt.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2013, 01:15:20 PM »
Unwritten Rules of the Game Arbiter Brian McCann: Butthurt.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2013, 01:44:22 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 08, 2013, 01:15:20 PM

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2013, 02:02:07 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 08, 2013, 01:44:22 PM

Chipper nailed it, so I guess he wins this round.  Still a douche though.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2013, 02:29:19 PM »

Question for arbiter: Have you broken one of the unwritten rules by self-appointing yourself as arbiter of the unwritten rules?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2013, 10:06:07 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 08, 2013, 02:02:07 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 08, 2013, 01:44:22 PM

Chipper nailed it, so I guess he wins this round.  Still a douche though.

Way to go Braves. It's not easy to out-douche Chipper.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2013, 11:58:15 AM »
Sweet, glorious butthurt from Pats fans who can't figure out the difference between the official NFL rulebook and one particular news story about NFL rules...

QuoteIf anyone still wants to try an argue that the Push Rule call against Chris Jones in overtime was legit, first to have to explain this.  First, all the credit to Tom E Curran of Comcast Sports NE (full disclosure: I work with him on Patriots Pregame Live) for being the Woodward and Bernstein who revealed this massive cover up by the NFL.  Curran looked up the now infamous Rule 913 as soon as Belichick mentioned Jones was in fact on the line of scrimmage, so the rule was not applicable.  And he took this screen cap:

(CLICK HERE FOR THE GOOGLE CACHED PAGE WHICH CLEARLY SHOWS THE REAL RULE)

Belichick made his comments at his post game presser at around 5 o'clock.  In the ensuing confusion, the NFL's official site made an edit on a post about the rule that was first posted a month and a half ago:

And like magic, the part about players not on the line of scrimmage at the snap was mysteriously gone:

So Belichick was right.  Chris Jones was right.  And the NFL's own rule was right, until two hours after the refs bungled the call, handed a key divisional game to the Jets, and then sent their cyber goon squad in to clean up the crime scene.  It's a conspiracy, pure and simple.  And if they think this ends here, they are out of their frigging minds.  This story will not die.  They cost a championship contender a game and worse, covered it up.  Shit like this brought a US president down, God knows an NFL commissioner can't be allowed to get away with this.  How does a rule get changed after it's been enforced.  How is it that there have been 400 FGs & PATs in football and this is the first time anyone's ever heard this called?  What did Goodell know and when did he know it?  I want answers and I want them now. Not tomorrow.  Not after breakfast.  Now.  PushRuleGate is not going away any time soon.

Patriots fans take abuse all the time for claiming that the league targets them because they're sick of the Patriots winning all the time.  But this just proves something I've always said.  Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone's not actually out to get you.  @JerryThornton1

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2013, 11:59:59 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 21, 2013, 11:58:15 AM
Sweet, glorious butthurt from Pats fans who can't figure out the difference between the official NFL rulebook and one particular news story about NFL rules...

QuoteIf anyone still wants to try an argue that the Push Rule call against Chris Jones in overtime was legit, first to have to explain this.  First, all the credit to Tom E Curran of Comcast Sports NE (full disclosure: I work with him on Patriots Pregame Live) for being the Woodward and Bernstein who revealed this massive cover up by the NFL.  Curran looked up the now infamous Rule 913 as soon as Belichick mentioned Jones was in fact on the line of scrimmage, so the rule was not applicable.  And he took this screen cap:

(CLICK HERE FOR THE GOOGLE CACHED PAGE WHICH CLEARLY SHOWS THE REAL RULE)

Belichick made his comments at his post game presser at around 5 o'clock.  In the ensuing confusion, the NFL's official site made an edit on a post about the rule that was first posted a month and a half ago:

And like magic, the part about players not on the line of scrimmage at the snap was mysteriously gone:

So Belichick was right.  Chris Jones was right.  And the NFL's own rule was right, until two hours after the refs bungled the call, handed a key divisional game to the Jets, and then sent their cyber goon squad in to clean up the crime scene.  It's a conspiracy, pure and simple.  And if they think this ends here, they are out of their frigging minds.  This story will not die.  They cost a championship contender a game and worse, covered it up.  Shit like this brought a US president down, God knows an NFL commissioner can't be allowed to get away with this.  How does a rule get changed after it's been enforced.  How is it that there have been 400 FGs & PATs in football and this is the first time anyone's ever heard this called?  What did Goodell know and when did he know it?  I want answers and I want them now. Not tomorrow.  Not after breakfast.  Now.  PushRuleGate is not going away any time soon.

Patriots fans take abuse all the time for claiming that the league targets them because they're sick of the Patriots winning all the time.  But this just proves something I've always said.  Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone's not actually out to get you.  @JerryThornton1

I'd like to try an argue.  What's one taste like?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2013, 12:10:22 PM »
Conan invades LinkedIn.  He does so very seriously.

QuoteGreetings, fellow titans of business! Conan O'Brien here, not Cheng-Gong, the young Chinese boy normally in charge of my social media. Let me begin by saying it's a true honor to be blogging on the internet—a privilege reserved only for Earth's best and brightest one billion people. It's no secret that we as a species are running dangerously low on blogs, so like any leader, I'm doing my part. Plus, it feels good to be on LinkedIn among my peers – attractive, fabulously successful plutocrats who laugh at their own jokes. Like you, I pride myself on joining only the most exclusive, cutting-edge social networks. So effective today...adios, Ashley Madison.

Some Very Important "Thought Leaders" and "Social Media Mavens" and "Business Entrepreneurs" Who Are Very Important come down with a serious case of the butthurts.

QuoteThis is waste of electrons. As Conan admits, he has no idea why he is doing this. LI is not Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest to post your rants, inspirational thoughts or cat videos. Please focus your talents on funny TV sketches and great guests and leave LI to people doing business.

Quote"Thought leaders" should share novel, insightful thoughts. Conan O'Brien seems to admit that he has none, yet he nevertheless yearns to waste our time and fill an influencer spot that could have been given to many other people who have much more to say that is potentially helpful. The real joke is on LinkedIn for cheapening its brand and diluting its value.

QuoteThe best example of style-over-substance, brand-over-content, I think I've ever seen. The man has absolutely nothing to say, and yet because he is laughed at on cue for the saying of it in a recognizable format, it is apparently assumed that the nothing is worth something. My compliments to the guy who found a way to pay his bills by being a wiseass.

Even some of the supporters are kind of ... well ...

QuoteYour humility is admirable and at your (ours) age to be trying something new is brave. Truly impressive. Are your still a temporary fill in for Johnny Carson? or do you have an own show?

QuoteConan! Finally you found us! You are a true example of how business works: one day on top of the hill and down on the valley the next... please share your wisdom with us. Your true follower and believer...

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2013, 12:55:49 PM »
QuoteTim Rutkevich
Owner at SD Racing

"I am a leader, not a follower. So, no, I will not follow you. You can become an influencer by posting insightful and useful information"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2013, 02:16:29 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 06, 2013, 12:55:49 PM
QuoteTim Rutkevich
Owner at SD Racing

"I am a leader, not a follower. So, no, I will not follow you. You can become an influencer by posting insightful and useful information"

He'll be a follower of me when my new racing company "laps" the competition! *wins awards*

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2014, 12:10:38 PM »
Bump for former Cub hurler and current SF color man Mike Krukow.

Quote from: Mike KrukowI've never been so pissed off in my entire life, at a ballgame. Watching this unfold, and seeing, in the matter of just a few minutes. And we're talking about a rainstorm that hit, that was less than 20 minutes long. And watching that grounds crew completely pee all over themselves.

"My first impression was, they're doing this in purpose. They could not possibly be this bad. They had to be doing this on purpose. I had to back off that later on in the night, but I was so frustrated. It was the most incredible thing to watch.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2014, 01:07:53 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 20, 2014, 12:10:38 PM

Quote from: Mike KrukowI've never been so pissed off in my entire life, at a ballgame. Watching this unfold, and seeing, in the matter of just a few minutes. And we're talking about a rainstorm that hit, that was less than 20 minutes long. And watching that grounds crew completely pee all over themselves.

"My first impression was, they're doing this in purpose. They could not possibly be this bad. They had to be doing this on purpose. I had to back off that later on in the night, but I was so frustrated. It was the most incredible thing to watch.

Krukow is right. The Cubs purposely had the grounds crew dawdle in a windy downpour in order to score an easy win in order to move to 5 1/2 games out of the coveted 4th place slot in the NL Central.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2014, 01:09:43 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 20, 2014, 01:07:53 PM

Krukow is right. The Cubs purposely had the grounds crew dawdle in a windy downpour in order to score an easy win in order to move to 5 1/2 games out of the coveted 4th place slot in the NL Central.

And drop from 5th to 6th in the draft order.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2014, 01:52:31 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 20, 2014, 01:09:43 PM
Quote from: Fork on August 20, 2014, 01:07:53 PM

And drop from 5th to 6th in the draft order.
Krukow was hired as a "color man" for his ability to entertain, not for his analytical ability.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)