News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Hope Springs Eternal  ( 6,180 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Hope Springs Eternal
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 11:30:16 AM »
Too obvious of a troll, even for Chuck.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2014, 01:43:36 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 25, 2014, 11:30:16 AM
Too obvious of a troll, even for Chuck.

I dunno. Poe's law and all that.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2014, 08:17:20 PM »
Sorry about that, I meant '08 not '98. Although, I really wish I hadn't watched '03 and that horrific collapse. Trust me, I love Cubs baseball and miss it, but NOT all the heartache and huge collapses/no shows of '84, 89, 03, 04, 07 and 08. Notice I didn't mention '98 this time. That season with the Mark/Sammy hr chase was fun, and who actually thought they'd go anywhere in the playoffs. That was the only season of all those that I don't look back with negativity on. I don't count '85 either since who the fuck expected them to make the playoffs after basically everyone went on the IR for a good stretch. I can't remember anymore if it was 4 of 5 or the whole rotation that got injured that season for significant portions.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 05:10:10 AM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on February 26, 2014, 08:17:20 PM
Sorry about that, I meant '08 not '98. Although, I really wish I hadn't watched '03 and that horrific collapse. Trust me, I love Cubs baseball and miss it, but NOT all the heartache and huge collapses/no shows of '84, 89, 03, 04, 07 and 08. Notice I didn't mention '98 this time. That season with the Mark/Sammy hr chase was fun, and who actually thought they'd go anywhere in the playoffs. That was the only season of all those that I don't look back with negativity on. I don't count '85 either since who the fuck expected them to make the playoffs after basically everyone went on the IR for a good stretch. I can't remember anymore if it was 4 of 5 or the whole rotation that got injured that season for significant portions.

At one point I believe it was all 5--Sutcliffe, Trout, Drunkersley, Sanderson and the immortal Lary Sorensen-- that were on the DL (IR?) at the same time in the late summer.

What dashed the hopes of the '85 team returning to the playoffs was the 13 game losing streak in June.  They were already toast by the point the whole rotation was laid up.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 08:28:11 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 27, 2014, 05:10:10 AM

At one point I believe it was all 5--Sutcliffe, Trout, Drunkersley, Sanderson and the immortal Lary Sorensen-- that were on the DL (IR?) at the same time in the late summer.

What dashed the hopes of the '85 team returning to the playoffs was the 13 game losing streak in June.  They were already toast by the point the whole rotation was laid up.

Pretty sure it was Ruthven, not Sorensen.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 08:51:39 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 27, 2014, 08:28:11 AM

I suppose you're right.  I could've sworn they brought in Sorensen and his missing second "R" to be the 5th starter that year, but I see he only made 3 starts, compared to Rufus' 15.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 11:45:09 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 27, 2014, 08:51:39 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 27, 2014, 08:28:11 AM

I suppose you're right.  I could've sworn they brought in Sorensen and his missing second "R" to be the 5th starter that year, but I see he only made 3 starts, compared to Rufus' 15.

I think that means that he should avoid oysters until he gets that "r" back.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)