News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears/Emstink 2013 Offseason Splooge/Bitchfest  ( 5,753 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Bears/Emstink 2013 Offseason Splooge/Bitchfest
« on: March 12, 2013, 05:04:25 PM »
8======D ~~ ~~ ~

Martellus Bennett, a Bear.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears/Emstink 2013 Offseason Splooge/Bitchfest
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 05:47:10 PM »

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 06:30:24 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 12, 2013, 05:47:10 PM
BY CRACKY!

Don't get too excited. Despite grading higher than every Bears offensive lineman for the last four years, Bushrod in his worst year this year (although he graded out positively) was just better than J'Marcus Webb's career year, so it was a terrible signing. Even though this would then enable the Bears to potentially move Webb to RT, or that they just needed a tackle period and adding a good, if overpaid, tackle is better than not adding one at all. In short, never be happy, ever.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 06:42:44 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 12, 2013, 06:30:24 PM
BY CRACKY!

Don't get too excited. Despite grading higher than every Bears offensive lineman for the last four years, Bushrod in his worst year this year (although he graded out positively) was just better than J'Marcus Webb's career year, so it was a terrible signing. Even though this would then enable the Bears to potentially move Webb to RT, or that they just needed a tackle period and adding a good, if overpaid, tackle is better than not adding one at all. In short, never be happy, ever.

8=o...

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 06:46:58 PM »
BY CRACKY!

I'm going to withhold judgment until RV shows up here to make fun of whatever Brad Biggs thinks.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 06:52:48 PM »
Quote from: CT III on March 12, 2013, 06:46:58 PM
BY CRACKY!

I'm going to withhold judgment until RV shows up here to make fun of whatever Brad Biggs thinks.

I don't think he can, since Biggsy blocked RV.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 07:57:19 PM »
BY CRACKY!

Yeah, I'm not sure why PFF's offensive line metrics are considered perfect and all-encompassing. That seems to be entirely what the dissent is based on.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 08:15:48 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 12, 2013, 07:57:19 PM
BY CRACKY!

Yeah, I'm not sure why PFF's offensive line metrics are considered perfect and all-encompassing. That seems to be entirely what the dissent is based on.

I love PFF, but by their own metrics he was a better than average LT last year, and was a top 10-15 tackle the two years before that. This year his numbers were down before he had a pretty strong run to end the season. But my biggest issue isn't PFF saying that he's barely an upgrade over Webb at left tackle. The point is they needed to add a tackle, period. They wanted Loadholt at RT before he re-signed with Minnesota, so they added Bushrod. This gives them the flexibility to move Webb to RT if needed, and then draft a guard or center. Having two average or better tackles is better than one average LT and a still gaping hole at the other spot.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 08:55:06 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 12, 2013, 06:52:48 PM
BY CRACKY!

Yeah, he's pretty thin skinned for someone so thick skinned.

I did see via retweet that Biggsy was dogging the Bears for not signing Bennett a year earlier. Then you've got Hub giving the Bears shit for not having 11 players ready to line up on defense 4 FUCKING HOURS INTO THE OFFSEASON. These guys really bring the analysis.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 09:16:13 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 12, 2013, 08:55:06 PM
BY CRACKY!

I did see via retweet that Biggsy was dogging the Bears for not signing Bennett a year earlier. Then you've got Hub giving the Bears shit for not having 11 players ready to line up on defense 4 FUCKING HOURS INTO THE OFFSEASON. These guys really bring the analysis.

The Hub thing is incredible. He can't piss on their offensive signings, so he makes a snide remark about not addressing the defense FOUR HOURS into free agency. Just wait till Emery cuts popular like Spaeth or Garza to make cap room and then makes whatever comments he makes about letting Urlacher walk. So. Much. Butthurt.

Hell, NONE of the Bears defensive free agents have signed with anyone else. The Bears can let most of them test the waters and then come back to the fold when most of them realize no one else was willing to pay them more than the Bears were. I doubt anyone's kicking down doors to steal Nick Roach.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 11:07:57 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 12, 2013, 09:16:13 PM
BY CRACKY!

The Hub thing is incredible. He can't piss on their offensive signings, so he makes a snide remark about not addressing the defense FOUR HOURS into free agency. Just wait till Emery cuts popular like Spaeth or Garza to make cap room and then makes whatever comments he makes about letting Urlacher walk. So. Much. Butthurt.

Hell, NONE of the Bears defensive free agents have signed with anyone else. The Bears can let most of them test the waters and then come back to the fold when most of them realize no one else was willing to pay them more than the Bears were. I doubt anyone's kicking down doors to steal Nick Roach.

Hub Arkush and Brad Biggs should do a Bears show from a barn that I CAN LIGHT ON FIRE

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 11:25:33 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 13, 2013, 11:07:57 AM
BY CRACKY!

Hub Arkush and Brad Biggs should do a Bears show from a barn that I CAN LIGHT ON FIRE

With special guests Dan Marino, Mike Florio and Peter King.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 11:39:50 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 13, 2013, 11:25:33 AM
BY CRACKY!

I see you guys have been following my Kickstarter.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 12:06:57 PM »
BY CRACKY!

I'd pay good money to sit close enough to smell Marino's burning flesh.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 12:25:26 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 13, 2013, 12:06:57 PM
BY CRACKY!

I'd pay good money to sit close enough to smell Marino's burning flesh.

Then you're a weirdo.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.