News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Bridge  ( 4,054 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Bridge
« on: July 10, 2013, 04:02:30 PM »
Starting tonight at 10 p.m. on F/X. This supposed to be tits-out. I can't wait to see it.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9464552/fx-excellent-new-series-bridge
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Bridge
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 04:22:19 PM »
It definitely looks like something I'll give a shot.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 10:32:44 PM »
I might need some convincing on Kruger's character.

But I do enjoy looking at her.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 09:15:01 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 10, 2013, 10:32:44 PM

Mrs. CBS said that the actress was miscast in the role.  I disagreed.  I think that she is playing it intentionally as a borderline Asperger's patient. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 11:03:43 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 11, 2013, 09:15:01 PM

Mrs. CBS said that the actress was miscast in the role.  I disagreed.  I think that she is playing it intentionally as a borderline Asperger's patient. 

I think I shared your wife's impression for the first few minutes, but it became clear as things developed that the character is supposed to be an Aspie.

My concern is just that the socially awkward/mentally ill but high-functioning detective is beyond cliche at this point. (Ted Levine, who plays her patient and understanding boss, should appreciate that from his time playing the patient and understanding homicide captain in "Monk".)

I'm not necessarily saying I don't think Kruger will be able to take the character beyond the gimmick. I guess I'm just saying I want to see how it plays out.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 07:45:02 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 11, 2013, 11:03:43 PM

I think I shared your wife's impression for the first few minutes, but it became clear as things developed that the character is supposed to be an Aspie.

My concern is just that the socially awkward/mentally ill but high-functioning detective is beyond cliche at this point. (Ted Levine, who plays her patient and understanding boss, should appreciate that from his time playing the patient and understanding homicide captain in "Monk".)

I'm not necessarily saying I don't think Kruger will be able to take the character beyond the gimmick. I guess I'm just saying I want to see how it plays out.

You've seen it too many times.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 09:28:43 AM »

I was wondering where I had seen Levine before, but I was too lazy to look it up.  He had hair then, didn't he?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 09:41:27 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 12, 2013, 09:28:43 AM

I was wondering where I had seen Levine before, but I was too lazy to look it up.  He had hair then, didn't he?

He also played Buffalo Bill in "Silence of the Lambs".

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 10:26:51 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 12, 2013, 09:41:27 AM
Quote from: CBStew on July 12, 2013, 09:28:43 AM

Mrs. CBS said that the actress was miscast in the role.  I disagreed.  I think that she is playing it intentionally as a borderline Asperger's patient.  

I was wondering where I had seen Levine before, but I was too lazy to look it up.  He had hair then, didn't he?

He also played Buffalo Bill in "Silence of the Lambs".

I also feel like Kruger's character is problematic, but I do understand the writers' intention of creating a person capable of delving into a situation that the rest of the world refuses to enter - is too terrified to even think about. This isn't happening in some far-off continent that only exists on the news. This is happening in our front fucking yard. I know I don't like thinking about that but there is a world of horror and shit a short bridge away and it's chilling to think about what goes on there. This woman doesn't have the same sensibilities that we do so she's the only one brave? stoic? defective? enough to journey into this Heart of Darkness.

That woman who walked into that storage locker represented everything this show is about. There is untold evil in parts of our country where most of us would never even think for a second to tread. What the fuck is in there? And will Charlotte ever come back out?

All this shit is real.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 03:56:14 PM »
Here's what Sepinwall said:

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/series-premiere-review-the-bridge-pilot-parts-of-a-whole

Who else is good at talking about televisions?

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 09:11:47 PM »
This show certainly offers a lot of surprises.  Last week I thought that the leading female character had Aspergers.  After last night's show I have changed the diagnosis.  She is flat out crazy.  I may be prudish, but there is a lot of shtuping for no apparent reason other than showing people shtuping.  Oh, of course, I will continue watching.  It is too bizarre to miss.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 11:27:05 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 18, 2013, 09:11:47 PM
This show certainly offers a lot of surprises.  Last week I thought that the leading female character had Aspergers.  After last night's show I have changed the diagnosis.  She is flat out crazy.  I may be prudish, but there is a lot of shtuping for no apparent reason other than showing people shtuping.  Oh, of course, I will continue watching.  It is too bizarre to miss.

That episode was all over the map. Lyle Lovett can't act a lick but he's one of the creepiest-looking things ever to glare out at me from my television set. I have to admit I didn't like this episode too much because it seemed too little got accomplished. But I'm still on board. I got nothing to lose here.   

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 09:21:32 PM »
Cousin Johnny?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 09:56:44 PM »
Oh, Cousin Johnny.