News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jake Arrieta 2017 Salary Drive Sploogefest  ( 71,514 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jake Arrieta Premature Ejaculation Thread
« Reply #600 on: November 10, 2016, 10:25:34 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on November 10, 2016, 09:31:14 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on November 10, 2016, 09:29:43 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 10, 2016, 08:16:26 AM
Half of the country voted for him. I don't care if Jake is one of them. A lot of people who mean a lot more to you than Jake Arrieta probably did, too. Not saying you can't be mad at him, or them, or this entire country, but angrily dismissing them as nothing more than idiots and bigots isn't the right response either. I thought maybe it was, but it turns out that years of just dismissing an entire swath of the country's complaints because even the valid complaints were surrounded by racism and sexism makes those people mad, and only creates more anger and it was enough to make this tragedy happen.

If Jake's a Trump supporter, fine. Throw the baseball well and I'll look past it. I'll write it off as ignorance and I hope he learns from it, like I hope they'll all learn from it. We're going to have to pick our battles for a while, folks. This isn't the one I want to have.

Yep.

BUT JULIE TOLD HIM, AS A WOMAN, THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE HURTING AND JAKE'S NOT BEING VERY NICE.

I don't follow her, so is she also calling out all the majority of white women who voted for Trump and put him in office?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #601 on: November 10, 2016, 10:48:58 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 10, 2016, 10:20:07 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 10, 2016, 08:16:26 AMHalf One quarter of the country voted for him.

Corrected for the fact that HALF of our apathetic electorate didn't vote at all.

If ever there was a time to implement Instant Runoff Voting (or something similar), now would be the time. Based on turnout and exit polls 75% of voting aged people either stayed home or disapproved of both candidate.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #602 on: November 10, 2016, 11:08:48 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 10, 2016, 10:25:34 AM
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on November 10, 2016, 09:31:14 AM
Half of the country voted for him. I don't care if Jake is one of them. A lot of people who mean a lot more to you than Jake Arrieta probably did, too. Not saying you can't be mad at him, or them, or this entire country, but angrily dismissing them as nothing more than idiots and bigots isn't the right response either. I thought maybe it was, but it turns out that years of just dismissing an entire swath of the country's complaints because even the valid complaints were surrounded by racism and sexism makes those people mad, and only creates more anger and it was enough to make this tragedy happen.

If Jake's a Trump supporter, fine. Throw the baseball well and I'll look past it. I'll write it off as ignorance and I hope he learns from it, like I hope they'll all learn from it. We're going to have to pick our battles for a while, folks. This isn't the one I want to have.

Yep.

BUT JULIE TOLD HIM, AS A WOMAN, THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE HURTING AND JAKE'S NOT BEING VERY NICE.

I don't follow her, so is she also calling out all the majority of white women who voted for Trump and put him in office?

No idea...she blocked me ages ago.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #603 on: November 11, 2016, 08:15:01 AM »

Yep.

If I can get through Thanksgiving with my Trump loving brother and sister-in-law, I can get through a baseball season with Jake just fine.

I do not know if I can get through a Thanksgiving with my brother and sister-in-law.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: November 11, 2016, 10:30:05 AM »
Quote from: Tony on November 11, 2016, 08:15:01 AM

Yep.

If I can get through Thanksgiving with my Trump loving brother and sister-in-law, I can get through a baseball season with Jake just fine.

I do not know if I can get through a Thanksgiving with my brother and sister-in-law.

You're welcome to give it a go with my in-laws if you'd prefer.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #605 on: November 11, 2016, 10:31:40 AM »
Quote from: Tony on November 11, 2016, 08:15:01 AM

Yep.

I'm fully prepared to get pretty drunk and yell a lot at my in-laws on Thanksgiving and my wife has given me permission to do so.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #606 on: April 05, 2017, 08:01:17 AM »
Bump. Jake looked pretty damn solid last night. His velocity wasn't as high as it has been in the past but he seemed to have much better control than last year and the sinker/change/curveball really had them off balance. If that Jake shows up every week he's going to be in Cy contention again.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: April 05, 2017, 10:46:57 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 05, 2017, 08:01:17 AM
Bump. Jake looked pretty damn solid last night. His velocity wasn't as high as it has been in the past but he seemed to have much better control than last year and the sinker/change/curveball really had them off balance. If that Jake shows up every week he's going to be in Cy contention again.

Jake's in a year-long salary drive, and the Cubs reap the benefits.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #608 on: April 05, 2017, 04:22:57 PM »

And if that Jake doesn't show up every week you'll be sure to let us know!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: April 06, 2017, 07:46:43 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 05, 2017, 04:22:57 PM

Woah, welcome to a brave new world where I no longer bitch about the Cubs. I'm zen. This year is playing with house money, my frent. All will be well.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: April 06, 2017, 09:21:10 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 06, 2017, 07:46:43 AM

Woah, welcome to a brave new world where I no longer bitch about the Cubs. I'm zen. This year is playing with house money, my frent. All will be well.

Over/under on how long this state of zen will last?
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: April 06, 2017, 10:30:14 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on April 06, 2017, 09:21:10 AM

Over/under on how long this state of zen will last?

I'm really not sure, but Randal Grichuk, whom I despise like no other, basically singlehandedly beat the Cubs on opening day and it barely registered, so I'm in a good place, baseball wise.*

*- as opposed to my general view of humanity, which is still in a very, very, very dark place.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: April 09, 2017, 04:58:53 PM »
Jake seems to have traded a tick or two in velocity for improved command and it's hard to argue with the results so far

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Jake Arrieta 2017 Salary Drive Sploogefest
« Reply #613 on: April 09, 2017, 09:52:55 PM »
Maybe they should just have a meter on the screen when Jake pitches with how much he's going to get in his new contract.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: April 10, 2017, 12:19:33 AM »

It is impossible to make merited karma disappear.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!