News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NFL 2013 Thread  ( 7,842 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NFL 2013 Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2014, 05:53:16 PM »
TPD.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2014, 08:55:15 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 13, 2014, 05:44:22 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on January 02, 2014, 11:16:52 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 02, 2014, 10:53:24 AM
Taking a break from Cutler real quick, worth pointing and laughing at the Lions for a minute.

By most opinions, including their own, they had the best coaching job available.

Yet, the guy they apparently wanted most, Lovie, wouldn't even give them the courtesy of an interview. 

From what I read, the Bucs made him an offer he couldn't refuse before he was able to interview with Detroit. I'm glad for it too. I don't want to think about that defense playing with the kind of stability and discipline that Lovie's defenses were known for. And Lovie's uncertain status with the Bears in Angelo's last years made it impossible to find a competent offensive coordinator. With a fresh start and new paper, I think even that could work itself out.

Lovie did witness the dysfunction of the Lions organization up close and probably heard the horror stories from Marinelli. So his use of Detroit as leverage versus Tampa may have been just a ruse. Anyway, it's worked out for the best. Go Bucs.

And now, Whisenhunt just chose the Titans (with essentially zero talent on offense) over the Lions. 

I wish he'd waited until the Lions' plane actually got there.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2014, 12:40:10 PM »

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2014, 01:08:40 PM »
32 of the seemingly most desirable jobs in the world. A field flooded with candidates, any one of whom should seemingly be desperate to take any of the handful of jobs that pop up each year. A team with an established and theoretically good starting quarterback, a great offensive line, two decent runningbacks, the best WR in the NFL and a dominant defensive line. There is nothing about this that should be hard, and the Lions ended up with a guy whose only claim to fame was once being the QB coach/toady of a hall of fame quarterback who famously coaches himself. Hilarious.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2014, 02:40:11 PM »
Will his top assistant follow him to Detroit?

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2014, 02:50:59 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 14, 2014, 02:40:11 PM
Will his top assistant follow him to Detroit?

Yes.

Wait, I mean no.

No, Chuck.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2014, 03:59:04 PM »
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2014, 04:03:18 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 14, 2014, 03:59:04 PM
Does this guy have more than one facial expression?