News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Systems of Football: The All-Purpose Bears Game Thread  ( 44,279 )

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Systems of Football: The All-Purpose Bears Game Thread
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2013, 03:34:57 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 21, 2013, 03:16:37 PM
Quote from: Slaky on November 21, 2013, 03:05:49 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 21, 2013, 03:01:55 PM
This is a thing that happened:

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/mix-bears-kyle-long-navigates-identity-crisis

QuoteKyle was at a signing this week and a "guy walked up to me and said, 'Jake, I was very skeptical of the [Bears draft] pick but you've had some very good tackles this year,'" Long said laughing. "My head almost exploded, not because I was mad or anything, just out of confusion. He's there getting a ball signed, he's got a Bears jersey, hundreds of dollars on memorabilia and, 'I'm Kyle, man, I play on the offensive line.'

"I signed it 'Kyle' but he wouldn't have known either way, I don't think."

Of course it did.

AND FOR DA LAST TIME JAY MCNOWN SHOULD BE DA QUARTERBACK

Names I've actually heard Josh called on the Score this week.

McNown
McCowan (leader in the clubhouse)
McCullough
McCullum

I'll let you know if I hear any more.

Not McGowan?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2013, 03:41:07 PM »

QuoteKyle was at a signing this week and a "guy walked up to me and said, 'Jake, I was very skeptical of the [Bears draft] pick but you've had some very good tackles this year,'" Long said laughing. "My head almost exploded, not because I was mad or anything, just out of confusion. He's there getting a ball signed, he's got a Bears jersey, hundreds of dollars on memorabilia and, 'I'm Kyle, man, I play on the offensive line.'

Of course it did.

McNown
McCullough
McCullum

You gotta do it for me, Billy. 

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2013, 03:42:09 PM »
Quote from: Tony on November 21, 2013, 03:34:57 PM

Of course it did.

McNown
McCullough
McCullum

Not McGowan?

McLoven?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2013, 03:56:13 PM »
Quote from: Tony on November 21, 2013, 03:34:57 PM

Of course it did.

McNown
McCullough
McCullum

Not McGowan?

Yes.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2013, 04:01:05 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 21, 2013, 03:41:07 PM

Of course it did.

McNown
McCullough
McCullum

Well CT, Apex is dead! They slit his throat from ear to ear.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2013, 04:13:22 PM »
Quote from: BBM on November 21, 2013, 04:01:05 PM
Quote from: CT III on November 21, 2013, 03:41:07 PM

Of course it did.

McNown
McCullough
McCullum

Well CT, Apex is dead! They slit his throat from ear to ear.

I'M TRYIN' TO EAT LUNCH HERE!

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2013, 02:24:10 PM »
Fuck these goddamn gutless fucking assholes.

Also, who does Michael Bush's agent have pictures of? Cut his worthless ass.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2013, 09:12:30 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on November 24, 2013, 02:24:10 PM

Someone has to temper their expectations

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2013, 08:31:27 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 24, 2013, 09:12:30 PM

Yeah, that's my problem with all of this rage. To be frustrated as shit by the situation is understandable, but if you told any of us before the year that the defense would lose Tillman, Briggs, Melton, Collins, Williams, and Hayden we'd have said "oh, okay. That defense is going to blow."

And yet people seem surprised and enraged that a defensive line that's getting about half it's reps right now from two rookies who played FCS football last year and Shea fucking MacClellin can't stop the run. I mean other than firebarning Conte and Wright, who should be better than what they've been, there's no one on this defense who you can actually be mad at.

Even dumber are the "it wouldn't be like this under Lovie" crowd or the "Phil Emery should have anticipated a biblical plague of injuries on defense and prepared accordingly, because he had time and resources to do that while he was busy fixing the offense." Certainly no one would have rioted if he'd spent time signing and drafting backups and replacements for Peppers and Tillman and the back up to Melton's backup who also suffered a torn ACL instead of fixing the offensive line or replacing Kellen Davis with Martellus Bennett.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2013, 08:56:47 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 25, 2013, 08:31:27 AM

Yeah, that's my problem with all of this rage. To be frustrated as shit by the situation is understandable, but if you told any of us before the year that the defense would lose Tillman, Briggs, Melton, Collins, Williams, and Hayden we'd have said "oh, okay. That defense is going to blow."

And yet people seem surprised and enraged that a defensive line that's getting about half it's reps right now from two rookies who played FCS football last year and Shea fucking MacClellin can't stop the run. I mean other than firebarning Conte and Wright, who should be better than what they've been, there's no one on this defense who you can actually be mad at.

Even dumber are the "it wouldn't be like this under Lovie" crowd or the "Phil Emery should have anticipated a biblical plague of injuries on defense and prepared accordingly, because he had time and resources to do that while he was busy fixing the offense." Certainly no one would have rioted if he'd spent time signing and drafting backups and replacements for Peppers and Tillman and the back up to Melton's backup who also suffered a torn ACL instead of fixing the offensive line or replacing Kellen Davis with Martellus Bennett.

I think it's fair to blame Emery for Shea Mick Lemon being a bust and for spending a 2nd round pick on Bostic who is  out of position on just about every play. But yeah I'd say if we're assessing blame for this defense it's 80% injuries, 15% Angelo not leaving any backup depth and 5% current regime.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2013, 09:09:16 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 25, 2013, 08:56:47 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 25, 2013, 08:31:27 AM

I think it's fair to blame Emery for Shea Mick Lemon being a bust and for spending a 2nd round pick on Bostic who is  out of position on just about every play. But yeah I'd say if we're assessing blame for this defense it's 80% injuries, 15% Angelo not leaving any backup depth and 5% current regime.

McClellin absolutely, but "blaming him" for Bostic seems extremely premature. He's had positive grades from PFF in about half his games, negative in the other. He's talented, fast, and makes some glaring errors in technique. Some round these parts call that a "rookie."
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2013, 09:45:22 AM »
I will say that my faith in Emery will waiver a bit after this year if he keeps up this "Shea is a 3-down DE" farce. A big part of being a good GM is knowing when to admit you fucked up and move on.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 25, 2013, 09:45:22 AM
I will say that my faith in Emery will waiver a bit after this year if he keeps up this "Shea is a 3-down DE" farce. A big part of being a good GM is knowing when to admit you fucked up and move on.

But they certainly won't just cut him, will they?  If he is still here next year, and not playing on the line, what is his position?  Linebacker?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2013, 10:26:05 AM »

He sees it. But I don't know what else he can say right now. It does no good to bad-mouth him. In a best-case scenario, Shea has a couple more flashes of competence like he had at Green Bay and gets traded for a 5-7 rounder to a team that wants to turn him into a 3-4 LB. Worst case, you completely destroy his confidence, get nothing in return and cut him. Let the second part happen organically.

The team's poor showing in the red zone the past couple of weeks would seem to indicate that the quarterback is incapable of making the throws to his big receivers so opponents are intelligently loading up against the run. But yeah, get rid of Cutler and blah blah fuck the meatheads in their own fat fucking faces.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2013, 10:27:43 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 25, 2013, 10:23:00 AM

But they certainly won't just cut him, will they?  If he is still here next year, and not playing on the line, what is his position?  Linebacker?

Can he play special teams? I think he could provide depth at DE and contribute on ST.